Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

On small step...One Giant.....

The Rams have started to make the moves that ought to right this ship. Fact is Linehan, as many of us thought in 07, lost the team's support and respect. Hense now he is gone, and now we wait to see if the other shoe will drop and the Rams get new FO.

Many of the post on this board reflect a general mood that the Rams need a new GM, and rightly so! The question has been asked, if not Ziggy, then who?

Personally, I think the Rams need a new structure for its FO. A president for football opperations--your accountants/lawyers and a totally seperate department of GM & HC with his assistance. It has to be a working relationship where the GM is as involved with the team. The president lays down the budge and from there the GM/HC builds a team.

So who out there is qualified to manage and run a team and who would work well as an affective HC?

Personally, I think it better that the Rams find new Blood for HC. Old re-tread former coachs might give you some winning seasons, the the future is with younger coaches. The Joe Gibbs, Parcells and etc, are nearing the end of their lives. More importantly, they command higher $$$ for their services. Perhaps at the end of the Robinson Era that the Rams ought to have placed J. Fisher as HC--seems to be working in Titan land. Its a taking a chance, but could be worth taking in the long run

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: On small step...One Giant.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

Personally, I think it better that the Rams find new Blood for HC. Old re-tread former coachs might give you some winning seasons, the the future is with younger coaches. The Joe Gibbs, Parcells and etc, are nearing the end of their lives. More importantly, they command higher $$$ for their services. Perhaps at the end of the Robinson Era that the Rams ought to have placed J. Fisher as HC--seems to be working in Titan land. Its a taking a chance, but could be worth taking in the long run

We just went thru that take a chance philosophy on Linewho.....

I for one, do not want a repeat, as I hope we all have learned from our
    mistakes.

Perhaps a better approach would be to bring in a proven winner, at
    both the HC and GM positions.

Have that proven winner groom a confidant to takeover a couple of division championships later

My best choice here is Vermeil, but he has said that there can be no finer wine before his time.