Results 1 to 3 of 3
snippet of coaching news from Bernie
* Houston Chronicle says Bates won't be DC for Texans. What is this guy Bates thinking of? what kind of game is he playing?
* Haslett more prominent in Rams' DC thoughts.... as is Donnie Henderson.
* Olson is OC.
* Ellard staying...looks like Benton will stay...maybe Gil Byrd....don't rule out special teams coach Bob Ligashesky.
* Kollar interviews coming in New O and Tampa Bay.
* Jim Thomas hears Jim McNally could emerge as O-line coach.
--B"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod
Re: snippet of coaching news from BernieOriginally Posted by Bernie
Maybe Haslett will be fine after his debacle in New Orleans, but I'm not overly excited....at this point. By the way, a HC's record in New Orleans should be taken with a grain of salt. In the history of the Saints, Jim Mora is the ONLY coach with a winning record.......and that includes HOF'ers like Ditka and Stram and coaches that have won everywhere else, like Wade Phillips, Bum Phillips, and Dick Nolan.
As a sidenote, did you guys know in the 39 years of the Saints existence, they've only had 7 winning seasons. In 5 of those winning seasons, Bobby Hebert was the QB.
Think about that one, folks. How sad is a franchise whose winningest QB (far and away) is Bobby Hebert?
Re: snippet of coaching news from Bernie
I don't like Haslett, but he's probably as qualified as anyone.
I'd list my preferences as:
1. Jim Bates
2A. Donnie Henderson
2B. Jerry Gray
3. Jim Haslett