Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So....

moloch41 is offline Registered User

So....

Besides for having an over-the-hill QB, who's one ungentle shove away from becoming a blank-eyed, drooling vegetable- has anyone heard anything about other free agents we're having in? I keep hearing about "interest" in players, but I'm not actually seeing any visits lined up? Is Linehan employing the same "Wait and see what falls into my lap" strategy as he did searching for an Offensive Coordinator? I really hope not- this is kind of a weak FA class to begin with and waiting for the wolves to feast so we can pick scraps off the bones isn't exactly going to help us much. I just saw a rumormill thread about the tp 25 free agents left and I didn't see the Rams mentioned as a possible suitor for any of them. I really hope Lineclown and the Rams didn't think we were a kicker away from becoming an elite team...

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: So....

From stuff I've read Jaques Reeves (Cowboys CB) and Jocob Bell (Titans Gaurd) will probably be in for a visit.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I believe we are bringing in Jacob Bell for a visit we were bringing In Jaque Reves, but he got signed by the Texans thank god. I also think we will pursue Casey
    Weigmann, but we don't need to jump on him immediately becuase the 35 year older center isn't exactly a hot commodity. Some people we haven't named as targets that we should go after are Landon Johnson and Tony Richardson

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Only player I know we're pursuing is Jacob Bell, which would be a great pick up in my opinion.

moklerman is offline Registered User

dead horse time--they NEEDED cap space for this? Jacob Bell and Josh Brown aren't going to:

a) make the Rams a contender
    b) push them to within $2 milllion of the cap
    c) make anyone forget who's now with the 'niners

Wolf is offline Registered User

with a healthy offensive line with jacob bell and a good draft...the Rams have a better shot than anyone else in my opinion.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    dead horse time--they NEEDED cap space for this? Jacob Bell and Josh Brown aren't going to:

What it will do is make the line and the offense better along with Saunders. Remember Bell was blocking for one of the best running games last year. If we pick up a couple more vet pieces (Weigmann, Green) and also have a good draft we could definitely have some success.

Wolf is offline Registered User

^ exactly.

we're only a day into free agency and people already don't have hope for the Rams.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post

ILL DRINK TO THAT BROTHER

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    ^ exactly.

we're only a day into free agency and people already don't have hope for the Rams.
    THIS REMINDS ME OF THE EARLY 90'S PEOPLE... ALL THIS HOPE JUST TO BE FLUSHED DOWN TOILET TIME AND TIME AGAIN...

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    with a healthy offensive line with jacob bell and a good draft...the Rams have a better shot than anyone else in my opinion.
    Really? Who is Bulger going to throw it to now that Holt will be triple covered all season? Bennet? Hagans? Neither of them can catch worth a ****

theodus69 is offline Registered User

The line needs to be shored up so Bulger can throw for maybe one more year. i doubt 2 yrs on that. We need a quality QB now!!! Not when we have nothing. Green can do the job and will if needed just as well as Bulger, so where are we now? we are down the creek , without a paddle and we need to get up creek!!!!!! Figure that one out!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

man will anyone maybe think they actually have a plan, maybe this Blockbuster trade we are hearing about is gonna require some dough for the player, I have nothing left but faith that they will keep to their word and max out on the cap. Even if they signed Bell, major cap room to make trades and moves that make us contenders rather than a mediocre free agent market that wont upgrade us. Those two signings are great signings nonetheless. What people need is faith. If not you guys got nothing else.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Yes, we've freed up caproom by cutting a bunch of people- including an alltime fan favorite, and have used that extra cash to sign a kicker...nothing else...just a kicker...

keith m. klink Guest

YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE SOME FAITH THAT THEY HAVE SOMETHING IN MIND .they seem to be doing o.k. in my mind . DEVANEY even said they will only look to take maybe 2 free agents that will be of a starting caliber with maybe a few for depth , but they would rather build through the draft . maybe after the 1st rd #2 pick , the rams nmight trade down in a few rounds for some extra picks . they have a plan .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-01-2008, 06:24 PM