RAM-BO is offline Registered User

So apparently we signed Fred Robbins!

I wasn't around here when it happened, and I didn't get a chance to hear what yall thought about it. This guy was a monster on the Giants, but he is getting up there in age. He will hopefully have a couple great seasons and not be another La'Roi Glover type player for us.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Re: So apparently we signed Fred Robbins!

We are hoping he has some left in the tank and being with Spags again wont hurt.

Quite right, hopefully we don't have to start an anti-FOSS (friends of Steve Spagnuolo) group 'round here

DieHardRamsFan1381 is offline Registered User

he was never a real monster for the giants. he was a good solid player but no monster. i like fred robbins but it aint like we signed a player like jared allen or pat williams. the guy still has some left but im not sure he gonnna put up steller numbers or at best hell be there for when adam carriker gets hurt cause we no hes gonna get hurt.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I noticed a pattern here....

Granted the Rams are picking up older players and really no top talant younger players. On the surface this seems like a policy doom to ultimate failure.

However, the one thing the Rams are acquiring is DEPTH. I foresee a lot of situational substutes and a rotation schemes. The only question is, will it work?

Spag football on the defensive side relies on consistant pressure and ball dicipline. There is a very real chance these changes will bear fruit both in the long and short term. Short term successe in terms of 1-2 seasons while building for the long term. Suspect who the Rams draft after number 1 and in the later rounds will tell

RockinRam is offline Registered User

He's going to play for us for a few years, but I think his major contribution will be for tutoring and developing Dorell Scott and Clifton Ryan. They are all similar players with similar builds.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardRamsFan1381 View Post
    he was never a real monster for the giants. he was a good solid player but no monster. i like fred robbins but it aint like we signed a player like jared allen or pat williams. the guy still has some left but im not sure he gonnna put up steller numbers or at best hell be there for when adam carriker gets hurt cause we no hes gonna get hurt.
    Maybe I went a little overboard calling him a monster, but watching a couple Giant games, I believe in the playoffs, Robbins was definitely a force.

DieHardRamsFan1381 is offline Registered User

i mean it was a good pick up but i just think there was some other better d linemen we could have grabed. but i think he'll end up doin some good for the rams maybe he can show carriker how to stay healthy. what the rams really need to do is send alex barron to a class about how to stay with the snap count. but fred is gonna turn out well.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Yes, it seems as though one key strategy / pattern this season is depth, as Dragoon said. Robbins looks like a solid veteran DT that may well help improve our D overall with that rotating system of players and/or plays. Another relative positive is that FRobbins knows Coach Spags, of course.

I'm glad we have Robbins' experience and character with the Rams at this point. I think the timing is good.