RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

So, Chillar wasn't a big loss huh?

I have read many on this board downplay the loss of Brandon Chillar, and some indicating he is not even starting in Green Bay. My girlfriend and her family are big time Packer's fans, so I watched the game last night, and let me tell you, Chillar will be the starter now ...

He was all over the field, playing with more energy than any of our linebackers. He racked up 9 tackles last night, including several that prevented huge gains. He pushed through blockers and forced a fumble. Add this to FOUR special teams tackles in the first two games, and what do you have?

AN UPGRADE OVER ANY LINEBACKER WE HAVE OTHER THAN WITHERSPOON.

Chillar is more athletic and crafty than Culberson, who has done nothing to impress me. I just don't get it. It wouldn't have cost too much to sign this guy, and we let him go. A young, growing player working into his prime, and we let him go, for an unproven commodity like Culberson ...

Tell me now? How does this Linebacker corp look?

Witherspoon, Pisa, Chillar, Culberson, Draft ...

Yea, I thought so .....

Mooselini Guest

Re: So, Chillar wasn't a big loss huh?

Well, was it in most of our interest to lose Chillar? No. We saw production out of him, but our FO is stupid and let him go.

Along with Bruce. Losing Bruce and Chillar is just more support in showing that our FO is operated by idiots.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Oh no, I whole heartedly wanted to keep him, as I felt he'd be a great Will, with Culb playing the Sam. I love Pisa as a guy, but his health concerns are an issue, though this year the whole defense is MORE of an issue.

Anyone else see Witten completely school Chillar on that goalline plunge last night? Witten motions right behind the guard and then grabs Chillar and twists, throwing him down to the ground.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Oh no, I whole heartedly wanted to keep him, as I felt he'd be a great Will, with Culb playing the Sam. I love Pisa as a guy, but his health concerns are an issue, though this year the whole defense is MORE of an issue.

Anyone else see Witten completely school Chillar on that goalline plunge last night? Witten motions right behind the guard and then grabs Chillar and twists, throwing him down to the ground.
    Yes that is what an excellent blocking TE like Whitten will do. But, boy, did you see how fast Chillar looked last night? Looks like he dropped a few pounds ...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Yet the Cowboys still amassed 27 points, 22 first downs, 217 rushing yards, and 453 total yards against the Green Bay Chillars.

Look, Chillar is a solid two-down SAM linebacker. I don't think anyone is saying he's a bad player. He had a very good game against Dallas, but didn't seem to do as much against Minnesota or Detroit.

I don't think the dropoff between Chillar and Draft is very big at all. However, the Rams seem intent on starting Quinton Culberson, who at this point in his career does not have the instincts that Draft or Chillar do. Draft, in a back-up role, has made a nearly equal dent in the stat sheet as Culberson has.

IMO, Draft is the guy who should be starting at SAM, and I think if he were, the difference between what we lost and what we have would be less noticeable.

moloch41 Guest

I said from the beginning that if Chillar got offered some ridiculous amount of money to go elsewhere, he wouldn't be worth keeping. But, I believe that he was only offered about 2 mil and the Rams still decided to decline. I think there decision was based on one game by Culbertson, which was the final one. This team is retarded.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    But, I believe that he was only offered about 2 mil and the Rams still decided to decline.
    Chillar signed a two-year, $6.3 million contract with Green Bay.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Chillar signed a two-year, $6.3 million contract with Green Bay.

Okay, so a little over 3 mil a year- still worth keeping IMO.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

I've said this in another post but, simply put he was worth keeping. He was 1 of the few bright spots we had on defense last year.