Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

So I've Checked the major 'Power Polls' and It's official-

We are the most underrated team in the league.

I perused the NFL.COM, ESPN, CBS SPORTSLINE and FOX SPORTS Power Rankings after week 4. The highest we were rated out of 32 teams was 14. With one 3-1 team behind us, the NO Saints, on the sportsline ratings. In the other polls, we were last ranked 3-1 team, with other 2-2 teams and even a 1-2 team ahead of us. The average spot was around 17 for our Rams.

Now, I know these rankings are a load of junk. That's not to say I don't care. But it's disrespectful that a 3-1 team isn't noticed. That said, we're flying under the radar, and I'm loving it.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: So I've Checked the major 'Power Polls' and It's official-

We're starting to attract attention though. Check out the article on PFW's site that has us mentioned as dark horses for the playoffs.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Now, I know these rankings are a load of junk. That's not to say I don't care. But it's disrespectful that a 3-1 team isn't noticed. That said, we're flying under the radar, and I'm loving it.
    Shhhhh...... We're the best kept secret in the NFL.

But honestly, we're not getting the "respect" because, outside of the Broncos, we haven't beaten anybody. And, we barely squeaked out a win against two teams with a combined record of 1 -7. Also, and most importantly, we lost to the freakin' 1-3 whiners. Would you "respect anybody that lost to the freakin' whiners?

...and don't expect things to change much when we beat the Packers next Sunday. We won't get "respect" until we take down the Seahags the following week. Then the secret will be out.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Would you "respect anybody that lost to the freakin' whiners?
    I thought we would be kicked out of the league for that one. But we have a chance to redeem ourselves.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Though I give no weight to the rankings, I will say...when we start beating teams ranked above us, we can start expecting respect. Until then, we're simply doing what we are supposed to do.......then of course, there is the whiner fiasco.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Though I give no weight to the rankings, I will say...when we start beating teams ranked above us, we can start expecting respect. Until then, we're simply doing what we are supposed to do.......then of course, there is the whiner fiasco.
    That Whiner loss is going to haunt us all season !

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    That Whiner loss is going to haunt us all season !
    If we lose to those guys next time we face them, look for me at the Golden Gate Bridge.

I'll be the guy standing at the edge, preparing to jump.

MATEOBURRITO is offline Registered User

Does this really surprise people that we're not rated as a top 10 team?

Our record is 3-1. While the win against the Broncos was impressive...the win against the Lions was very ugly...and the win against the Cardinals shouldn't have even happened. Losing to the Niners is never a good way to gain respect.

Bottom line is the only head-turning game we had was against Denver. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by MATEOBURRITO View Post
    Does this really surprise people that we're not rated as a top 10 team?

Our record is 3-1. While the win against the Broncos was impressive...the win against the Lions was very ugly...and the win against the Cardinals shouldn't have even happened. Losing to the Niners is never a good way to gain respect.

Bottom line is the only head-turning game we had was against Denver. That's it.
    How can you say that? If you remember, we had the game wrapped up until Bulger coughed it up first. Warner just returned the favor. But I agree, it was a win, and I'll take any win, but it was NOT an impressive win. ...and no, we are NOT a top 10 team. ....not yet anyway.

Yodude is offline Registered User

We're ranked pretty much where we belong right now. The only quality team we have beaten is Denver...and our defense probably surprised the crap out of them, with it being the first game of the season.

Other than Denver, we've beaten two teams that have pretty much been going nowhere so far this season.....and we lost to the Niners.

I'd say it's kind of unrealistic to think we should be ranked any higher at this point in the season.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster