This ought to be interesting.
This ought to be interesting.
We need to do two things:
1. Score some freaking points
2. Hope no one else gets injured!
3. Protect Bulger
4. Stop throwing some many dump passes like last week.
If we can do these things and continue how weve been doing on defense, i think we can do it
Allright, I'll give it a shot.
1. We have to keep the Cowboys offense off the field. Dink and dunk but not totally. Roy Williams of the Cowboys is a terrible cover guy. We have to expose him as much as possible. Deep middle passes are in order.
My card of scripted plays looks like this: OFFENSE
1. Short slant pass to Leonard.
2. Double tightend formation, short pass over the middle to McMichael.
3. Double tightend formation, deep pass to Holt over the middle.
4. Screen Pass to Leonard (either side)
5. Leonard run off right guard
6. Leonard run off left guard
7. Flea flicker to Bruce deep middle
8. Double reverse with Marques Hagans
9. Leonard run off left tackle
10. Wide receiver screen to Dante' Hall
Used in no particular order
Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, I'm using Haslett's whole bag of Blitzs.....Romo will buckle under pressure..We have to gamble and hope for the turnovers.
1. DO NOT LET BULGER PLAY!
2. Run early and often no matter what
3. Make the Cowboys think we are going to continue the dump off passing game, except around 5 min into the 3rd start running some hitch and go's, posts, and post-corner routes.
4. run 2-3 screens at those outside linebackers, that will slow down their pass rush.
5. Above all else make sure that the o-line is comfortable with their responsibilities.
oh yeah for the defense
3. Throw as many different pre-snap looks at Romo as we can think of; we have got to confuse him.
2. Use a lot of stunts against their o-line.
3. Try to force Romo to stay in the pocket; i.e. blitz the outside not the inside on pass plays.
4. Fire the linebackers through the A-gaps against the run.
Prayer. Lots of prayer.
ramming speed to all
Hmm this a tough one.
1st. I would actually barely use the blitz and play a lot of heavy cover 3 and cover 2 type defenses to make Romo throw into heavy coverage. His two favorite targets are clearly Jason Witten and T.O. I'd like to see the Rams make some of their other receivers beat us.
2nd. Contain the run on the outside. Once again i'd rather have the extra line backer to protect against a big run for a two or three yard instead of giving up big gains.
3rd. Run the ball A LOT, give the D a chance to rest and for gods sake try to score.
Pee in their Gatorade. Send 'em hookers the night before the game. Put Laxatives in their pre game meal. Tell TO that Romo is better than him. Tell Romo TO said he better not get tired and that he has questions about his sexuality. Take the leash off of Incognito (if he plays. Oh hell, do it even if he doesn't). Tell Claude Terrell that the Dallas Linebackers taste like cookies. Give Bulger 4 seconds before he needs to run for his life. Need Randy McMichael to get involved with passing game aside from pass protection. Bennett needs to show us why the Rams gave him all that money. The Dallas Linebackers are Big and Strong they can't be smart. That just wouldn't be fair. The offensive line needs to hold, leg whip, and bite Big D defenders or we will all be mourning Bulgers demise.
Hagans needs to be the return guy. Cross your fingers and believe in Bruce!!!
If you think blitzing and pressuring Romo will work look at the beats game, they tried all game and he just moved around in the pocket hittin people downfield all day
And the rams arent the bears defensively, they best way to play him would be to not blitz often in my opinion
I posted this in another thread and I feel it's what we should do.
I think we need to open it up in this game and throw caution to the wind. I know our o-line is banged up but in order to win we need to spread Dallas out and run 3 and 4 wide sets early and often. We will need to score a lot to win this and we're not going to score a lot throwing wr screens. What do we have to lose at this point? Jackson is out and Leonard is a rookie. I think we will need to set up the run with the pass this week. If Olsen treats this game as he did the Bucs game expect to see the score around 44-10 Dallas. We have to go downfield, I dont care that the o-line is banged up this is the NFL and those guys arent inept. Bulger may take hits and may get pressured but if the coaching staff is going to play him with broken ribs then you have to call plays on offense as if he was healthy. If you have to scale back a playbook because of an injury its time to insert a backup. If we dont come out firing and take chances we have zero shot at winning.
Open up the Playbook and come after Romo Like the return of the bears 46 Defense. What have we got to lose?? We are 0-3, nobody expects us to win anyways, Let's get after it and see what happens.
- 1st down - Jackson up the middle for a 3 yard loss because the defense knows it's comming.Olsen always runs on first down in redzone! :(
Then Wilkins comes in and loses the nickname "money" :\ by missing the field goal. However, if you take the play chart above and REVERSE it you might have some creativity.
- 2nd down and 13 now - Quick dump off to Minor who drops it - covered anyways.
- 3rd down and 13 - QUICK screen to Jackson.
Here's the plan.
1. Get a 3 point lead.
2. Commit penalties on every play until the clock runs out.
3. With 0:00 on the clock, stop the Cowboys from scoring on the final play of the half.
4. Repeat in second half.