Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LA Rammer
  • 1 Post By RealRam
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1

Thread: So Long Anonymity...

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

So Long Anonymity...

As lousy and depressing as the Rams have been over the years there was always one small advantage: we were able to maintain a certain level of anonymity.

That all changed this past Monday night in Seattle. You see to me the most painful thing about that game was that it was shown on national TV to an audience of people who are used to seeing decent and competitive NFL quality performances. I don't know about you all but I have in the past taken some solace in the fact that usually the only ones that have to watch this drivel are Rams fans, and the fans from our weekly executioner....er...opponent.

Yeah, no doubt those people are laughing too as the feeble Rams stink up the joint with yet another wretched attempt to play the sport of football, but I was always somewhat comforted that nobody ELSE saw it. That no matter how putrid the Rams played there was always the hope of what is called "plausible deniability."

I'm not sure exactly what that term may mean to others, but for me it is being able to explain to people that although the Rams may have lost the game, the score was not...*really*... *cough*...*cough*... truly indicative of the how the game went....*wheeze*...

Well, ok, that was not really the truth but what everyone else didn"t know won't hurt 'em is/was my motto. Unfortunately, after the Rams debacle on Monday Night my cover has been completely blown. I mean just about the whole **** country saw it. What can I say now?Wait 'til next year? Ahahahahah!! No, really what is there to say?

At any rate does anybody know where I can get a good discount on some brown paper bags? I figure I'm going to be needing them for awhile to come.

Man, am I going to miss the joy of anonymity.....

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: So Long Anonymity...

don't worry whatever embarrassment done will be undone we won't see prime time again for longtime
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Between this game, and last years week 17 flop...we have been embarrassed on national TV our last two appearances. The only shot we have at another primetime game next season is somehow having a turn around that results in us getting FLEXED into a Sunday Night Game.

RealRam is offline Registered User

As long as Jay Leno doesn't start making fun of us on his show like he does about the Colts and the Dolphins ... but you're right, RAMarkable (and I feel the pain too): the Rams are no longer under the radar.

On the other hand, Rams fans may be even more disgusted that we weren't even being noticed!
    RAMarkable likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Between this game, and last years week 17 flop...we have been embarrassed on national TV our last two appearances. The only shot we have at another primetime game next season is somehow having a turn around that results in us getting FLEXED into a Sunday Night Game.
    Actually, we're 0-3, if you want to count the Giants game on Monday night sandwiched in between the two Seattle debacles. Whether we're considered irrelevant or just bad in the eyes of others, it doesn't make much difference. It still feels rotten to be a Rams fan right now.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Don't use a paper bag, it's not politically correct.... Get a reusable bag.

Actually, it may be funny to see the reusable bag with the horns painted on it like the helmet. You could slide it over your head and still show your team spirit without anyone knowing you. I may copywright that.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

The only thing I'm mad about is the fact that the Rams didn't suck enough and too much at the same time. I lost my first round fantasy game by 4 points while playing the Squawks defense and Lloyd. All I needed was one of those damned TD passes to Lloyd to actually make it in his hands and I'd have won.

We knew this was going to happen, and I assume that not a whole lot of people watched this past Monday, simply because they knew what was going to happen already.

As for the "meat" in the primetime sandwich, we outplayed the Giants in the Meadowlands, and it was mistakes, cheating(Ow I just spained my ankle while typing this!) and turnovers that caused us to lose. Our offense was better, our defense shut them down most of the time. We just couldn't pound it into the endzone as is our custom. I said it then, and I say it now. We get receivers who can catch, and give Sam 4 seconds and a QB coach who can teach Sam how to actually throw an endzone fade, and we'll be on the winning train.
    I believe!

MelloStang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    As long as Jay Leno doesn't start making fun of us on his show like he does about the Colts and the Dolphins ... but you're right, RAMarkable (and I feel the pain too): the Rams are no longer under the radar.

On the other hand, Rams fans may be even more disgusted that we weren't even being noticed!
    Leno wont make fun of the Rams unless someone else does so he can steal the whole skit, hes good at it. The paper bags are being given out over at San Francisco the fans there don't need them anymore. I myself have had my bag since Warner went to the Giants it's always on my side waiting lol.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    Don't use a paper bag, it's not politically correct.... Get a reusable bag.

Actually, it may be funny to see the reusable bag with the horns painted on it like the helmet. You could slide it over your head and still show your team spirit without anyone knowing you. I may copywright that.
    Reusable bags? Hmmm... sounds like I could asphyxiate myself or something. One good thing about paper is that it "breathes" better. Well, so I'm told anyway...

At any rate I guess that would put "die-hard" fan to a whole 'nother level wouldn't it??

WHAT SAY YE?