Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    stlramman is offline Registered User
    NO LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rams add cornerback Manning Jr., safety Condren
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    08/31/2008

The Rams didnít stop their roster-shaping following Saturdayís final cuts. The team has agreed to terms with cornerback Ricky Manning Jr., and has claimed safety Brannon Condren off waivers from Indianapolis.
    To make room for Condren on the 53-man roster, the club released tight end Richard Owens. They donít have to make a roster move on Manning until he signs his Rams contract, and that isnít expected to happen until Monday.

Manning Jr., 27, is a veteran of five NFL seasons. He entered the league as a third-round draft pick by Carolina out of UCLA in 2003. Known for his ballhawking skills, Manning has 14 interceptions in 79 regular-season games, including 37 starts.

He made a name for himself in the playoffs as a rookie, recording an interception in Carolinaís double-overtime victory over the Rams in the divisional round, and then recording three interceptions against Philadelphia in the NFC championship game.

Demoted behind distant cousin Danieal Manning as the Bearsí nickel back, Manning Jr. asked to be traded or released. He got his wish Tuesday, and agreed to terms with St. Louis on Sunday. Contract terms werenít immediately available.

Condren was a fourth-round draft pick of the Colts in 2007 out of Troy. He appeared in eight games as a rookie last season, recording four tackles from scrimmage, one pass breakup, and four special teams stops.

Of the 13 players released by the Rams on Saturday -- and quarterback Bruce Gradkowski was released and not traded -- tackle Mark LeVoir was claimed on waivers (by New England).

I am sure he will help our banged up secondary, but this is the guy who along with two others beat a man half to death calling him a jew and a fag. Spend the off-season getting rid of some bad apples and pick up another a week before the opener. wow!!
    Last edited by RamWraith; -08-31-2008 at 04:09 PM.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: So much for a team of high character

Well, Im happy we got Manning, Im happy Owens isnt here, and I've always liked Condren so...Great day for me! I hope Ricky stays out of trouble, and where do you see him on the depth chart...4th at worst.
    Last edited by chipperjones; -08-31-2008 at 04:21 PM.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

In regards to the issue of character, I believe we have already have a high profile player who killed a lady in a DWI related incident and then went on to be arrested again on suspicion on DUI and after he got help fans forgave him. People have a short memory in regards to off field problems as long as players peform on the field.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The way I see it is that we're just trying to keep up with the Cowpokes .. they got Pacman and we got Punkman ..

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I don't like his off field actions either, but our own team has seen some bad off field actions also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    In regards to the issue of character, I believe we have already have a high profile player who killed a lady in a DWI related incident and then went on to be arrested again on suspicion on DUI and after he got help fans forgave him. People have a short memory in regards to off field problems as long as players peform on the field.
    That is who I was referring to also, just didn't see your post before I posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

schut39 is offline Registered User

Good thing we got rid of owens, but we still have to release one other player to make room for Manning Jr., I wonder who it's going to be?

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

As soon as I saw that Chicago released him, I had the feeling we would sign Manning. I hate this guy simply because of his character. This Rams team hasn't played a snap yet and already it's my least favorite of all-time because of the character issues on it. Now we have Stephen "me, me, me" Jackson, Leonard "DWI" Little, and Ricky "Stompy" Manning Jr.

*sigh* Go Rams!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I still wish that Leonard Little was not on our team. He killed a woman with his actions. Not that I condone it, but supposedly, the guy that Ricky Manning beat instigated the fracas in hopes of netting a financial gain.

If Leonard Little ever asked me to make a figure of him, I would tell him no. I don't think he will as I have communicated this to other Rams players/their famalies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

moloch41 is offline Registered User

You people are missing the positive of this signing....Richard Owens was finally released!!!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    You people are missing the positive of this signing....Richard Owens was finally released!!!
    True. We are probably scouring the waiver wire for more tight ends....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Addition through subtraction .. Right ??

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I still wish that Leonard Little was not on our team. He killed a woman with his actions. Not that I condone it, but supposedly, the guy that Ricky Manning beat instigated the fracas in hopes of netting a financial gain.

If Leonard Little ever asked me to make a figure of him, I would tell him no. I don't think he will as I have communicated this to other Rams players/their famalies.
    I agree with you, it's beyond explanation how a person can kill another person through negligence and not only still be allowed their freedom but be allowed to live a lifestyle of privledge. But the fact still remains, that most people asside from the families of the victims involved realy don't care and that's a sad testimony to society in general.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

...the fact still remains, that most people asside from the families of the victims involved realy don't care and that's a sad testimony to society in general.
    I agree. It is a VERY sad world we live in. I try to ignore it as much as I can

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Come on guys...this is a sad thread. I'll admit I was one of those who wanted Little gone after that tragic mistake he made. I really dont know how he wasnt gone...but hes still here, and it worked out for the better. He is a changed man. No...no...no, you can never forget, but what kind of world would this be if you couldnt forgive either.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast