Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

So now,how many of you still think Martz is a genius?

After today's laugher! along with last weeks sqeeker . He now confirms my thoughts on himself as being a leader of this team! Actually it has gone back to his first year of taking over this team! Mad Mike is noooooooo Head coach (period). Anyone could have taken over this team and would have been this successful. If you can call his tenur here a success so far! then he goes and hires the DC from the Cards (which havent been that good in recent years) to try toget this D-fense up to par. IMPO its not going to happen! WE need D efensive tackles that will plug up the middle not continue to get run over! Offensive line should have been addressed also (didnt happen) But what did he do in the draft? (NOTHING that we really needed this year) Don't get me wrong here! I like Jackson!!!!! But, our needs we much greater! Got rid of the Qb that should be leading our team! Should have traded our draft picks for proven line help on both sides of the ball!!!!! Instead he is blundering this franchise he inhereted! I believe he should gracefully step down as head coach and return to his true calling as a oc! IMPO a head coach should be a decision maker and as of today his decisions totally suck! challenges ,timeouts,play calling,roster moves,getting this team focused week to week,etc. Now withthis resume would you as a business owner hire this guy to run your Franchise? Not me! Georgia open your eyes! You are loosing your Dynasty!...........................along with some fans i might add! If this Mad <Mike football continues you will loose more than just games and fans You also will loose revinue! Isnt that the reason you cut Kurt and company? Because it was a business decision that was supposed to help the team with it's cap. Did you like the results in the 90's? If not careful it will happen again with all the poor business decisions& game decision's your genius Head coach is dictating!........................i for one do not want to watch a team of this caliber to keep declining and loosing our oppertunity to be considered as a DYNASTY! I was sick of loosing for all of those years! Lets get back to winning!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: So now,how many of you still think Martz is a genius?

I agree, Martz's blocking and tackling was horrible today.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Exclamation Re: So now,how many of you still think Martz is a genius?

Extreme overkill on this one. Martz was not perfect today but you cannot put it all on his shoulders for the lines on both sides playing terrible. I agree he needs to make adjustments. I am one of the biggest Martz bashers but most of the off season was a combination of Martz and F/O prolly more F/O. Dont ever forget that this is Georgias team anyone in So Cal knows that. And if you
    still want to put it on Martz remember she decides wheteher he stays or go so it could all go back to her.

P.S it is noted that you picked on her a little to thank you for that.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

First of all -
    Who said he was a genius?

Second of all -
    For the love of pete, when will fans realize - Players win and lose football games!!!!

:bored:

Av you wouldnt know anything about the game of football even if came up and slapped you in the face! Martz is the so called leader of this team is he not? He is the one that make's decisions is he not? He's the one that continues to make stupid and poor decisions is he not? If you can continue to give him the credit for winning then you have to give him the credit for losing would you not? I'd bet you that any one of the other coaches with this team would have won at least 1 Superbowl with the talent Mad Mike has had!...........Martz is no head coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and hes the one to blame for keeping all of these so called no tacklers or blockers as you stated!.......He has the power on this team to get the right players in here to make blocks and tackles now doesnt he? So IMPO he's to blame.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

do the Rams have anybody in the booth to let martz know how far that ball went on the o/side? Every coach should know where a team kicks off from! It was damn clear to me , but then again it's always a better view from the couch! But come on!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Av you wouldnt know anything about the game of football even if came up and slapped you in the face!
    How can "the game of football" slap someone in the face. Does "the game of football" even have hands? What a silly retort, speakingintongues61.

I'd bet you that any one of the other coaches with this team would have won at least 1 Superbowl with the talent Mad Mike has had!
    Okay, speakingintongues61, I'll take that bet!!! Now, all we need is a time machine and the ability to force Georgia Frontiere to choose someone else as Head Coach when Vermiel "retired."

Let me ask you... how many beers did you have while watching the game?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!!! :redface:

Come on, guys. We lost to potential playoff team in their home opener. The odds makers had us picked to lose before we ever stepped on the field. Are we better than the 'cons? Yes, but that's why games are played. Just like we were better than the niners, last year, when we went to San Fran and got beat worse than we did today. We came out of that debacle and finished 12-4. We started last year 1-1 and in fact should have been 0-2. We came out fine. We will do so again this year. For Pete's sake, the Packers lost at HOME to the Bears and I don't hear anyone ready to write off their season.

We got problems, but I still say we can finish this season with double digit victories and a playoff berth. Nobody said this season was going to be pretty, but we will continue to be a playoff team.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

I do!

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

All I can say is WOW!! I haven't always agreed with Martz, but c'mon it's only the second game of the season for goodness sake. Who else is going to run this team. Martz is the one who created the offense. If we get someone else things will be different, and I don't think it will be in a good way.

P.S. Avenger, I posted this after 6 beers. :redface:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Potential play off team? :tongue: I don't think so ! This was a low I haven't seen in awhile. Sorry the mudhens ain't that good!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Potential play off team? :tongue: I don't think so ! This was a low I haven't seen in awhile. Sorry the mudhens ain't that good!
    Theo, I find myself agreeing with you on a lot of things, but this isn't one of them. I think we're better, but they could win the NFC South. I don't see the Saints, Bucs, or Panthers having a better chance than the 'cons.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

There are a few of you on here that absolutely think that MM is the next best thing to come along since peanut butter and jelly and were the first to jump on KW if i recall. What if this wasnt the Rams head coach continueing to keep making these horrible decisions with personnel,clock manag,challenges,excuses,(for the teams play etc.),play calling and on and on! Now wouldnt you think that they would be the laughing stock of the league! Not to mention that they would have been fired by now? Mad Mike does not make the plays on the field but,as a leader shouldn't you set an example? MARTZ SEEN THE GAME IN A MUCH DIFFERENT WAY IN THE BOOTH AND THATS WHERE HE SHOULD GO BACK TO!........He has no confidence in Bulger or he would start calling the wild and crazy plays he once called! Hell i tell my daughter what she wants to hear sometimes don't you? He doesnt want Marc to fail! because it would then look as though he didnt know what he was talking about or thinking by setting and then releasing Warner! It will bite him on the arse! His game planning,play calling etc. better improve or he will be gone!

I hate peanut butter and jelly.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    do the Rams have anybody in the booth to let martz know how far that ball went on the o/side? Every coach should know where a team kicks off from! It was damn clear to me , but then again it's always a better view from the couch! But come on!!!!
    I think Martz knew the challenge would fail. Really I don't have a problem with that challenge if Martz was simply using it to slow down the falcons momentum. The challenge certainly didn't lose the Rams the game. Actually I think it had very little effect on the final outcome, however, the defense held after the onsides recovery by atlanta. Something to think about since the falcons could have blown the game open at that point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast