Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bela is offline Registered User

So, Oct. 15th shaping up to be huge!

Hello from Seattle Rams fans...

Congrats on the win yesterday. I don't have you guys figured yet. The Denver win was impressive, but the 49er loss?

I take a look at our division, the standings, and the upcoming schedules. And, it seems to me that the Rams have got a good chance at being 4-1 (1-1 division) headed into the Seahawk game on Oct. 15th.

The Hawks however, have a tough one this week in Chicago. The non-homer in me says that we've got a 50/50 shot at this one. But for fun, lets assume the Hawks lose, and because of the bye, we come to St. Louis 3-1 (1-0 div.).

Sets up an interesting game... Rams win and the division is deadlocked. Can the Rams hang with the Hawks though? I dunno, definately not at Qwest, but in St. Louis? It should be a helluva game.

How's the Ram nation feelling these days? Are we going to have a battle in the west this year or do the Hawks run with it? Looks to this hawk fan like the odds are decent we're all locked going into week 7.

Can the Rams play with the Hawks and make this division interesting? Or, are they in 49er/cardinal land? The first half schedule gives you a shot, but can the Rams capitalize?

One things for sure, this Hawk fan is looking forward to the 15th!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: So, Oct. 15th shaping up to be huge!

We normally beat you guys at Qwuest, Remember last year was the only year you owned the NFC West. You're going to have to dominate a little longer before you make such statements.

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    We normally beat you guys at Qwuest, Remember last year was the only year you owned the NFC West. You're going to have to dominate a little longer before you make such statements.
    What? There was no smack talking in my post.

Frankly, I do not think it is unreasonable to think the Rams would be huge underdogs at Qwest. Do you think otherwise?

But, the entire focus of my post is how big the game on the 15th in St. Louis will be, and how the rams have a shot to play for the division... where do you get the "such statements" stuff from?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I think it will be a big game also and I am looking forward to it. Perhaps this is the game that I should make another trip to St Louis for. It should be a very exciting game if the Rams get their offense tuned up. I'll bet that it will be a high scoring game.

Good game against the Giants yesterday. You abused them. How did they managed to score so many points in the 4th? Were you running prevent D?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Good game against the Giants yesterday. You abused them. How did they managed to score so many points in the 4th? Were you running prevent D?
    man your guess is as good as mine. It was 42-3 headed into the 4th, and I think the guys we're already thinking about the locker room buffet and after game celebrations.

good time to have it happen though. It's a lesson, but not a costly one, and it gives the coaches have something to grind on 'em for this week.

Looks like you guys had quite the game yesterday. I didn't see it, but the recap reads like it was a real nailbite - if not a bit sloppy.

I must admit, its a bit strange seeing the Rams win defensive battles.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Yes it is strange seeing them win defensive battles. It is a nice change.

I miss the Hawk fans. The ones that visit us have been nice and they can talk some decent football. Those whiner fans have been killing me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I miss the Hawk fans. The ones that visit us have been nice and they can talk some decent football. Those whiner fans have been killing me.
    No doubt. Can't stand the niner fans, and AZ, well, its like kicking a 3-legged dog. They are the only team in the NFL more pitifull than the Seahawks before last year.

Part of the problem is we haven't been in the division long enough to really develop a hatred for them. But the rams, after 2004, we truley hate ya'll. Seriously, I mean that from the bottom of my heart - passionate hatred. Especially Tory Holt...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Congrats on the Impressive win over the Giants. We did win a squeaker. But old friend Kurt Warner gave it back to us.

I'm not sure if we are up to the same level as the Seahawks just yet but maybe by the time we meet all our ducks will be in a row. At least I hope so.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Hello from Seattle Rams fans...

Congrats on the win yesterday. I don't have you guys figured yet. The Denver win was impressive, but the 49er loss?
    First of all, hello from the RamNation.

...and, when you "figure us out", let us know, 'cuz we're still wondering ourselves.

Yes, the meeting with you guys on the 15th is starting to shape up into quite a meaningful game. But hell, we've got two games to take care of before that happens, and like you said, after losing to the Whiners, who knows? I fully expect us to beat both the Lions and the Packers, but then again, I fully expected us to beat the Whiners and lose to the Broncos. Go figure....

How's the Ram nation feelling these days? Are we going to have a battle in the west this year or do the Hawks run with it? Looks to this hawk fan like the odds are decent we're all locked going into week 7.

Can the Rams play with the Hawks and make this division interesting? Or, are they in 49er/cardinal land? The first half schedule gives you a shot, but can the Rams capitalize?
    The Ram Nation is mixed. Some are a bit myopic and believe we'll finish with 11 or 12 wins. Others, like myself, try to look at it a bit more objectively and say we're probably a 8-8, or 9-7 team this year, at best. Can the Rams make the division interesting? I seriously doubt it, but only because I think we're still not there yet. But looking at the schedule, our opponents are identical except you guys get the Giants in the East, where we get the Skins, and you play the Bucs, where we get the Panthers. So who knows? A few injuries here and there, and few breaks (like yesterday, for us) and things can change. As for the Whiner loss, I guess I could say it was our Detroit game. I'm still amazed that the Hawks had to get a last second FG to beat the Lions. But, that's why they play the games, right?

Good luck with the Bears, you'll need to bring the "A" game to get a win there.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bela View Post
    Nice post bela. Like Utter, I'm glad to have some decent division rival discussion.

Right now, I don't think the Rams could hang with the Seahawks, but in 3 weeks? It will be interesting to see if the offense continues to improve, especially the offensive line play and red zone effectiveness. I've got to believe, barring injury, things will be clicking by the time our first meeting comes around. The defense is only going to get better and has proven they are opportunistic and can make plays.

It will also be interesting to see how the Seahawks handle a loss should they lose to Chicago. If the Rams win their next two, continue to improve their problem areas and the Seahawks get beat by Chicago, Oct. 15th could very well be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    The Ram Nation is mixed. Some are a bit myopic and believe we'll finish with 11 or 12 wins. Others, like myself, try to look at it a bit more objectively and say we're probably a 8-8, or 9-7 team this year, at best. Can the Rams make the division interesting? I seriously doubt it, but only because I think we're still not there yet. But looking at the schedule, our opponents are identical except you guys get the Giants in the East, where we get the Skins, and you play the Bucs, where we get the Panthers. So who knows? A few injuries here and there, and few breaks (like yesterday, for us) and things can change. As for the Whiner loss, I guess I could say it was our Detroit game. I'm still amazed that the Hawks had to get a last second FG to beat the Lions. But, that's why they play the games, right?

Good luck with the Bears, you'll need to bring the "A" game to get a win there.
    Thanks, and I agree. This week will be a real challenge. I really wish it was at Qwest!

I look at your schedule and the second half is pretty nasty. @SD, @SEA, @CAR, CHI, @MIN. Still, 10-6 seems pretty realistic. Looking at what the Hawks have left itís hard to find 6, or even 5 that theyíll lose (if they stay healthy).

Who knows though? Point being, at least come mid-October, we should have a nice divisional showdown game.

Oh and regarding Detroit Ė I thought thatíd be a tough game. We always seem to start slow, and are a different team on the road. Factor in the new coach and home opener affect and Iím not surprised it was close. Iím just glad we got outta there with the W.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

for those rams fans who are looking ahead to Oct. 15, you need to take a step back for a minute,we are not good enough to look past ANYONE, that include the lions and the packers,Mad Mike is out to prove something next week and the packers showed some offense yesterday to,and add to that we have only scored 2 TD's in 3 games.we need to win both of these tough games and then worry about the seahawks on Oct.15,hopefully we are 4-1 going into that game, but if you are going to jump ahead and assume we will be then just take a moment and watch a replay of the niners game or for that matter yesterdays game and you will understand that looking might not be a good thing.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    for those rams fans who are looking ahead to Oct. 15, you need to take a step back for a minute,we are not good enough to look past ANYONE, that include the lions and the packers,Mad Mike is out to prove something next week and the packers showed some offense yesterday to,and add to that we have only scored 2 TD's in 3 games.we need to win both of these tough games and then worry about the seahawks on Oct.15,hopefully we are 4-1 going into that game, but if you are going to jump ahead and assume we will be then just take a moment and watch a replay of the niners game or for that matter yesterdays game and you will understand that looking might not be a good thing.
    LOL!!! You speak as if we're playing the game... I seriously doubt that how I/we feel, or if I'm/we're looking ahead, has any affect on the actual outcome of the game... Now if the players do, that's a problem. But as a fan of the team, I think it's pretty safe to look forward and predict.

Speaking for myself, I was simply stating that we "should" beat both the Lions and Packers. Hell, after what I saw in SF, we could get beat in both as well.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    for those rams fans who are looking ahead to Oct. 15, you need to take a step back for a minute,we are not good enough to look past ANYONE
    Easy jk! Just some friendly discussion. I'm certainly not looking past anyone, especially after what happened yesterday, which is why my earlier post said we can't hang with the Seahawks right now. I also made sure to add lots of "if's". "?'s", and "coulds".

Rambos is offline Registered User

Alexander has a broken bone in his foot, he might not be back in time to face us. Well see, I hope he is I want to beat you guys at your best. Not... I just want to beat you guys!
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-25-2006 at 06:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast