Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RebelYell

Thread: So with the possibly inevitabld firing of Williams, does Mcginnis take his place?

FestusRam is offline Registered User

So with the possibly inevitabld firing of Williams, does Mcginnis take his place?

Well, ofcourse things were just going a little to good for our Rams this offseason, then this debacle is slammed in our face.

At first I thought Williams would survive this. I hoped he would. However, with the general perception that he will miss quite a few games over this, I dont see him making it. We cant have our DC missing significant time.

Besides, even if he isnt suspended, Fortuninerhater made a great point in another thread basically stating our defense will be under a microscope as long as hes here. Any injury or borderline "dirty play" to an opposing team will be scrutinized like no other. We really dont need that. Idk how anyone can disagree with that.

With that said, my front runner is obviously Mcginnis.

How does everyone feel about him as DC, perhaps compared to Williams, and what kind of defensive philosophy will we see him instill in our team?

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: So with the possibly inevitabld firing of Williams, does Mcginnis take his place?

I think McGinnis will be the perfect choice, however I don't really feel like speculating until GW gets his official punishment.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: So with the possibly inevitabld firing of Williams, does Mcginnis take his place?

In my opinion it's a no-brainer Mcginnis gets the job if Williams is sidelined for some time. He'll install what Williams wants done and when Williams comes back, Mcginnis can return to his other duties.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    In my opinion it's a no-brainer Mcginnis gets the job if Williams is sidelined for some time. He'll install what Williams wants done and when Williams comes back, Mcginnis can return to his other duties.
    Yeah, I'd think you'd have to go that route since he's already in place and employing the system they plan to run. Going outside the organization would set us back yet again.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Av nailed this one a few days ago .. and pointed out that Dave M. was likely a wise insurance move, a bit of preemptive planning if you will ..

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I could see this happening unless Mcginnis does a knockout job and would like to be kept at DC. Then Williams would probably need to work his way up again. Or maybe Mcginnis would rather go back to Asst. Head Coach, who knows.

Either way, after Williams serves his time, which will probably be lengthy, I see no harm in bringing him back. He is the scapegoat for something that is commonplace in the NFL after all.

The only way I see him surviving this with only a fine is if a landfall of evidence comes out about mutliple other coordinators and head coaches doing the same "bounty" system. I doubt that happens though.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Whatever Williams receives, shouldn't Sean Payton receive the same penalty or more? He was his direct superior, knew about it and didn't stop it.

If he ran this under Fisher, is Fisher exempt?
    How about his time in Buffalo, Jacksonville and Washington?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Honestly I don't see the anything wrong with attention in relation to this... good or bad. The more attention the better! With Fisher, Williams, Sam, our draft status and our trade to get weopons and a FA splash or two should get people turning their heads our way and it's about dam time!!! Hopefully we'll get more national televised games!

RamSoup is offline Registered User

"Possibly Inevitable", Does that make sense, If its possibly going to happen its not inevitable is it?

Anyways yes absolutely Mcginnis will step in and fisher might even have a bigger role as well if needed im sure.
    I doubt williams will actually be fired unless the suspension is a season or longer which i personally dont think will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RamSoup View Post
    "Possibly Inevitable", Does that make sense, If its possibly going to happen its not inevitable is it?
    Ok think out of the box here.

Im saying its a possibility hes suspended for a long period of time. IF this is to happen, his firing is inevitable, in my opinion. Thought I made that pretty clear in my thread.