Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

So we have, what, 3 starters left on Offense?

So we have, what, 3 starters left on Offense? Holt, McMichael, and Barron? Actually with Cogs coming back it's 4. And how many backups gone now? The body count is staggering. Have you guys in your life every witnessed such a massacre take place? Could Vince Lombardi himself even pull out a win with this J.V. squad?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: So we have, what, 3 starters left on Offense?

as i have said for three weeks now, there is not one single team in the nfl that would be competitive with our offensive line injuries, let alone our missing pro bowl qb and rb. Talent is the key and we just dont have it right now.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

I have never seen any team lose so many guys. The O is about as bad as I have seen in all my years. Even Holt the one starter is not 100%, Hagan was clearly the best WR we had today.

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    as i have said for three weeks now, there is not one single team in the nfl that would be competitive with our offensive line injuries, let alone our missing pro bowl qb and rb. Talent is the key and we just dont have it right now.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

right on the money there gc

... however part of the whole part of being an NFL franchise is getting your best players out on the park consistently this is a management thing ... injuries such as broken collarbones and knee injuries are just bad luck ... but soft tissue injuries such as Isaac Bruce's hamstring are poor management by the fitness staff.... and who is in charge of the general well being of the entire coaching staff, fitness staff and playing staff ... the head coach... even one or two less soft tissue injuries at this stage would be valuable at this stage... so Linehan has to accept some responsibility for the perceived bad luck.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

It's given that we almost cannot score with both Steven Jackson, Marc Bulger and Orlando Pace out, who would have thought it'd be this bad before the season started. We aren't exactly lucky there (understatement of the year).

On the other hand I believe our defense is close to all starters now (who is missing? I'm not sure we are without anyone important now?), what's going on there? We have no excuse for being so bad on defense, we are actually worse than last year - look at the Ravens offense today, they scored what 9 points against the Whiners yet put up 22 on us. Seriously what do we do about that defense, it looks almost exactly like the Marmielade D we used to have. No matter what we do that doesn't seem to change.

I would like to say injuries is the only problem our team has and blame the 0-6 on that alone, but the problems run deeper than that.

general counsel is offline Registered User

we are certainly NOT worse than last year on defense, we are FAR better against the run and i dont care what the stats say. You cant turn the ball over time and again and give the other team field position in your own territory and think that you arent going to give up points. Think about how many short field situations the ravens had today and they scored only 1 td and that was only after a ticky tacky pass interference call that could have gone either way. In addition, we have some young players on defense that will improve. Sure, we need more help on defense, but i think the point is that we at least have hope on that side of the ball for the future. Offensively, we need to get our injured guys back and determine if pace can ever play again.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    It's given that we almost cannot score with both Steven Jackson, Marc Bulger and Orlando Pace out, who would have thought it'd be this bad before the season started. We aren't exactly lucky there (understatement of the year).

On the other hand I believe our defense is close to all starters now (who is missing? I'm not sure we are without anyone important now?), what's going on there? We have no excuse for being so bad on defense, we are actually worse than last year - look at the Ravens offense today, they scored what 9 points against the Whiners yet put up 22 on us. Seriously what do we do about that defense, it looks almost exactly like the Marmielade D we used to have. No matter what we do that doesn't seem to change.

I would like to say injuries is the only problem our team has and blame the 0-6 on that alone, but the problems run deeper than that.
    We aren't bad on defense, you have been reading Bernie haven't you. When we turn the ball over as much as we did today and only allow 5 FGs and a TD...22 points, that's not that bad. Sure the Ravens aren't an offensive powerhouse, but they still have a good run game with McGahee, and Mason can still play. I was shocked the score wasn't higher due to all of our turnovers. You can't blame the defense when all the offense does is put them in bad positions. We look nothing like Marmie's D.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    So we have, what, 3 starters left on Offense? Holt, McMichael, and Barron? ...Have you guys in your life every witnessed such a massacre take place? Could Vince Lombardi himself even pull out a win with this J.V. squad?
    No, never. I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, that in 42 years of following the Rams, I have never seen anything like it. Not sure about the rest of the NFL teams but for us this year has been a disaster injury wise.

Like a boxer, down after a devastating blow, I feel we are still trying to get up as the referee counts "One! ... Two! ... Three! ... Four! ... Five! ... Six!..."

I hope we'll be able to get up by 'ten' and win some rounds. :x

Rambos is offline Registered User

[QUOTE][what's going on there?/QUOTE]

This offense is so BAD, thats what is going on there. 5 INT and One fumble, turn overs are killing this D! We held them to 5 FG and one TD today. The D got our O the ball around the ten yardline. What do we get zip.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Yep, take away 3/4 of the Colt's offensive line, Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai and you think they'd do well? This is a shell of a team.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    So we have, what, 3 starters left on Offense? Holt, McMichael, and Barron? Actually with Cogs coming back it's 4. And how many backups gone now? The body count is staggering. Have you guys in your life every witnessed such a massacre take place? Could Vince Lombardi himself even pull out a win with this J.V. squad?
    I don't remember seeing anything like this, ever. Today's hit list: Romberg and Bennett. We're not only losing talent, we're losing continuity and the ability to effectively run what we want on offense. The Rams are in a virtual no win situation on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOf Denmark
    You can't put constant pressure on a defense with the offense doing nothing. 5 times the Ravens started drives in Rams territory with a 6th starting on their own 47. It's a wonder the score wasn't even more lopsided. The defense is fine all things considered.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I don't care what sport we're talking about, an injury list of this length is just lethal to a team.

I don't want people talking about strength coaching or off-season prep either as the injuries are varied and we're six weeks into the season. Its just not possible to to win when you cannot field the same team two weeks in a row. No continuity, no repetition, no confidence and then it starts to snowball on you and it gets even worse.

Bernie's piece about the defence was puerile. Any D that holds a team to 22 points when paired with an O as limited as ours is right now has to be doing something right.

itsguud is offline Registered User

To prove the point to my whiner friend who co-hosts our sports radio show I did up a body count for the Rams, we have had at least 29 of our 54 original players miss time with an injury. That list I did up last week.

I can't even understand how over half the team could be injured, the team bus could have gotten into an accident and we would have less injures.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    We aren't bad on defense, you have been reading Bernie haven't you?.
    Good point. You can't believe everything you read.

We have been staunch on defense, and to reittorate what has already been said, you can't turn it over six times and expect your defense not to get scored on for two reasons.

A) They're on the field for longer
    B) Field position

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

in the third quarter our offense gaves the ravens starting position in our half for all three of their drives, one in the red zone, one on the 27 and one on the 49, and all the ravens could get was 6 points. Thats a good showing from the D, no matter what you believe.

and if you look at the drives that the rams O had, i think 5 actually went for negative yardage overall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast