HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

So what FAs will be out there?

We've talked a little about the draft, but what about the free agents that hit the market? Well, here's a sample of some that may be available (depending on re-signing, franchise, and transition tags):

WR - Bryant Johnson, Arizona --- Face reality, big guy. The birds have Fitz and Boldin; moving up the desert depth chart doesn't look doable. Johnson is a big red zone target, and a more serious deep threat than Bennett.

Other options - Drew Carter (Carolina), Keary Colbert (Carolina), Justin Gage (Tennessee)

OT - Max Starks, Pittsburgh --- Same build as Pace.....he's not Pace, but as close as this FA group has to offer. Probably the best Tackle in the class.

Other options - Nat Dorsey (Cleveland), Travelle Wharton (Carolina)

DE - Terrell Suggs (Baltimore), Justin Smith (Cincy), Jared Allen (KC) --- I'll Take ANY of them!

Other options - not much left in this class

LB - Karlos Dansby (Arizona) --- Excellent athlete with great size, top of the class

Other options - Kawika Mitchell (Giants), Chillar (Rams)....yes, I am serious; watch the games, you'll realize it's not that far-fetched

CB - Drayton Florence (Chargers) - Pretty decent mix of cover skills and run stopping

S - Gibril Wilson (Giants) --- Would mean a move for Atogwe to SS, but I could live with it.

Other options - Mike Doss (Minny) - IF he can stay healthy, he would be a cheap option.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: So what FAs will be out there?

We need depth at the o-line immediately from free agency and the draft. We also need to get some top notch receivers in this draft or the next because believe it or not, Holt and Bruce won't live forever, let alone be able to produce like they have in the past...Same goes for Pace, I feel like a sinner or something, but it is a harsh reality...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Keenum is offline Registered User

Tony Romo is schedule to be a free agent
    No way the Cowboys let him become a FA though. Jones will lock him up soon.
    I'd really like to see us go after Karlos Dansby if possible. He does have injury problems though, but when healthy, he's a stud.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Jared Allen and/ or Max Starks are a must. Jared Allen 2nd in the league in sacks and is a UFA gota get him, better than an unproven rookie. This guys is a must !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Max Starks young guy that i think could be the future. Both young talents i want wish it was possible to have both. If we got both then Kenny Philips that is a dream off-season for me.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

If it's anything like last year's crop of free agent defensive ends, they'll all get resigned or franchised. I'll be surprised if any of those three hits the market.

Dansby would be a fine addition if for some reason we can't retain Chillar. Even if we keep Chillar, Dansby would be a good pickup.