Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

So what have we learned?

I think we've learned that...

-This offensive line is not very good, especially when you remove Orlando Pace from the equation. Steussie as a back-up tackle just did not get the job done, and we're still not getting a very consistent push on the inside.

-The defense we saw against the Broncos may or may not be the real Rams defense, but regardless, they didn't make the trip to the west coast today. Blown coverages, inability to stop the run, inability to get to Smith when blitzes were called.

-Marc Bulger is still going through growing pains in this offense. For the second week in a row he had some passes that just made you shake your head. There seems to be some miscommunications between he and the receivers as well, because he and Torry were not on the same page. He also overthrew Holt on what would have been an easy touchdown.

-OJ Atogwe really blew that Bryant touchdown pass. In cover two, the safety has to get over there to make a play on Bryant. Not only was Atogwe late, but he took a horrible angle on top of it.

-Klopfenstein is the real deal as a pass catcher, having brought in two tough balls today. But as a blocker, he still needs some serious work. He whiffed on a block that got Bulger sacked, and couldn't hold back his man on a run that resulted in a loss of yards.

-Leonard Little played one heck of a game, but where was the rest of the D-line? For some reason I don't recall hearing anyone else's name really called nor do I recall seeing them on the screen, except when I saw La'Roi Glover get bulldozed by the San Fran O-line on Gore's touchdown run.

But perhaps most importantly...

-This team looked very good in week one, and lost a tough road game in week two. The chicken little's will likely claim we're done now and that we're no better than last year's team, but it's only week two and we're 1-1. There's a lot of football left to be played, and we have a smart coaching staff that I believe is capable of making adjustments when things don't work. We're still trying to find our identity as a team, and this is not going to be easy. That being said, we still have 14 more games on the schedule and a lot of time to work things out. There's no reason to overreact, just as no one should have overreacted after last weekend's win either.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: So what have we learned?

Don't forget also that J.R. Reed is the real deal as a Kick Returner.
    RamsFan16

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

ive been thinking since day one of the linehan era we wont be SB contenders till next year,its plain to see that we are 3plus top notch players short of that,i still think we`ll make the playoffs this year tho,if we can sort out our O-line !!

*warning all my posts this evening have been influenced under the consumption of 2 bottles of jim beam!*

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Strap in fans, this is going to be a long year.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

We certainly have potential. I don't want to look at this as a restructuring season. Time is running out for the old folks. Hopefully we can get it together. First year coaches don't necessarily get the hype for a superbowl season. Lets hope for a decent season.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Rambos is offline Registered User

I saw Marc have time, but no where to go with the ball. I still see SJ running side to side not hard up the gut. I still don't see the TE being used. I still don't think Marc looks very good in this system and I know it takes time. We did take some shots down field, we just could not make a play. I still did not see any no hudle. I still say we will be in first place after next Sunday.

Adamjk is offline Registered User

To be honest I think it was the fact that we came out in the second half and were just not interested that lost this game for us. Basically three plays have won this game. The kick return after the half and the 2 big TD plays. While I can't guarantee it, I think this would have been a very different game had we concentrated and avoided that big kickoff return. By the time we had recovered from that we were 17-10 down.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I think you're pretty much on target accross the board, Nick. I do think that Haslett called a little too conservative a game today, but I can't say that it would have changed the outcome if he had been more aggressive.

At this stage, the team is 1-1, having won at home and lost on the road. Could be worse. I'm sure they're not giving up in Carolina (0-2), Tampa (0-2) or Miami (0-2).

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Is it possible that our Defense played a little more vanilla today than in the first game? Knowing what is ahead (AZ)?
    RamsFan16

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

At this stage, the team is 1-1, having won at home and lost on the road. Could be worse. I'm sure they're not giving up in Carolina (0-2), Tampa (0-2) or Miami (0-2).

Yes AV, however Carolina, Tampa not so much Miami, have'nt played as bad as we have taking everything into account over the first 2 games.
    Nick makes IMHO very solid, good, fair points, I for one can see the talent we have, the opportunity we have to really make a go of it this year in the NFL.
    I'm gutted at this loss i would like to think we all are, However i'm not going into a rant of whose fault it was or it was'nt, The over whelming worry in which will carry me through this coming week, is the fact that IF we play this bad we'll be regarded as a laughing stock for ineptness, and yet i know we have 90% of the stuff in place to make sure we dont play like we just have this evening.
    One thing for sure is and i will stand by, we play like we have this evening, next week against the Cards, we will lose! period. That is what worries me.

Mark

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

We have 16 games to play. We are not going to win them all. That is a fact. We are going to have ups and downs and the offense is taking its sweet time in firing on all cylinders. We are sputtering offensively right now and we need more than sputtering to win games.

I am not so upset by this loss, but more annoyed at the loser niner fans who talk very simple smack and will hang around here trying to rub it in, because they have nothing better to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

That doesn't excuse the uninspired play today.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Two things worry me the most:

Offensive line: injuries, stability and adequate reserves

Bulger & the receiver corps: Bulger looks uncomfortable & unsure, Bulger and our receivers (with Bruce being the exception this game) seem to not be on the same page which is very uncharacteristic

Shore this up and over time I see better things...:l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

What worries me the most is, Tatem Bell, Mike Bell, now Frank Gore with Edgerrin James on deck.

DHNF is offline Registered User

I think we've learned that the Niners own the Rams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast