rammiser is offline Registered User

So what the solution?

There are about 3 threads going right now on how Bulger isnt the right guy for this team. Yet those saying he's not right for this team have zero answers except lets draft a qb which is laughable. Bulger gives this team a chance to win when we have a healthy o-line a rookie doesnt. So instead of ignoring it like you guys have in all my other posts when asked what should be done with Bulger and who will replace him and how the cap hit will affect this team. Humor us a little with a solution instead of insults and no real answer. Also feel free to factor in the fact that if you choose drafting a qb who will probably take 2-3 years if good to develop that these players may no longer be here. Bruce,Holt,Pace,Little and Fahkir Brown. So we will need replacements for those positions during the accelerated cap hit we will take. Some of these same guys BRM and Theodus also want Jackson gone so it should be interesting to see who they have replaceing him too. I dont want to go through rebuilding for 10 years do you?

Just Fix It

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: So what the solution?

Bulger and Jackson are the guys we build our offense around. They're not going anywhere and certainly aren't going to be replaced via the draft anytime soon.

Stating the obvious...Shore up the o-line and a lot of our problems will go away.

AlphaRam Guest

We need the Pope to visit the Dome again. Perhaps do an exorcism.

blood85 Guest

We have ALOT more problems than Bulger making a few mistkes. Georgia, Linehan, injuries,poor draft choices ,bad off-season acquisitons, to name a few.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    There are about 3 threads going right now on how Bulger isnt the right guy for this team. Yet those saying he's not right for this team have zero answers except lets draft a qb which is laughable. Bulger gives this team a chance to win when we have a healthy o-line a rookie doesnt. So instead of ignoring it like you guys have in all my other posts when asked what should be done with Bulger and who will replace him and how the cap hit will affect this team. Humor us a little with a solution instead of insults and no real answer. Also feel free to factor in the fact that if you choose drafting a qb who will probably take 2-3 years if good to develop that these players may no longer be here. Bruce,Holt,Pace,Little and Fahkir Brown. So we will need replacements for those positions during the accelerated cap hit we will take. Some of these same guys BRM and Theodus also want Jackson gone so it should be interesting to see who they have replaceing him too. I dont want to go through rebuilding for 10 years do you?
    Great post (Can't rep have to spread it around). I have asked that question and other questions that never get answered. I'm not surprised that people won't/can't answer your question. It happens all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Two days have past and not one Bulger hater has a solution hmmmmm. Thay want to kick Bulger out but cant answer what to do once he's gone besides draft a rookie. Still waiting Bulger haters.:waiting:
    Just Fix It

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Two days have past and not one Bulger hater has a solution hmmmmm. Thay want to kick Bulger out but cant answer what to do once he's gone besides draft a rookie. Still waiting Bulger haters.:waiting:
    This post makes me happy. Can't give you positive rep either, because I have to spread it around they say ...

I've been receiving huge heat and suffering negative rep hits defending Bulger and asking the same questions ...

Where is the solution? I keep seeing that we should draft a QB in the first round. And do what? Wait three years until they are ready to produce? Come on people ...

Being someone that can point out problems, without identifying a solution, is only contributing to the problems. Kudos to all those fans who are standing proud and hanging in there ...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Some of these same guys BRM and Theodus also want Jackson gone so it should be interesting to see who they have replaceing him too. I dont want to go through rebuilding for 10 years do you?
    I would hate to work for a company that these guys work for. Jackson is by far our best player, so let's dumb him because he's confident and not a "yes sir, yes m'aam" type of guy ...

moloch41 Guest

Bulger is going to be fine. Right now he's banged up, the line is giving him no time to pass, and Scott Linehan is an absolute moron. Once we get some players back, draft others, get a new OC and HC, he'll be fine. Not to mention getting a healthy Steven Jackson back.

THEFIELDGOAL Guest

Bulger & Jackson are the good players. The real solution starts at the Offensive Line. This is the area that is killing our drives. Injuries are the worst thing that can just halt the positive process.
    But we have concerns on all aspects as mentioned before.
    We need to ensure as fans that the front office understands that this brand of football is not what we will stand for.
    So it's the O line that we need to draft first and then defensive help.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Allow the team to get healthy, then make a determination on what we really have because at this point, it's an unknown. Making uninformed knee-jerk decisions based on the madness we've seen this year would be a mistake IMO.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I would hate to work for a company that these guys work for. Jackson is by far our best player, so let's dumb him because he's confident and not a "yes sir, yes m'aam" type of guy ...
    I'm not one to announce that Marc Bulger be replaced, but I would ask that he play better. He has all the excuses in the world as to his poor play, of course. His front line is an assembly of walk-ons and toss-aways. But some of his picks were simply poor reads and/or bad throws. However, if you look around the league these days, the quantity of quality of QB's is amazingly limited. Jon Kitna? Rosenwhatever? McCown? ...and on and on. So, is Marc one of the better QB's? Of course he is. But for 65 mil, I'd like to see more.

You're not getting any feedback on Bulger because replacing Marc is not the solution in fixing the Rams, because he's not the problem. His play is not helping matters at the moment, but he's more than just a capable QB.

We have one undeniable problem that is the root to our failure. (I feel like a broken record with this) Bad lines. You absolutely, positively, without a doubt, cannot operate an efficient offense (or defense) without protection and blocking from your front five. It really is a simple problem. Fix the lines, and Bulger, Jackson and our receivers will begin to produce again. Unfortunately, fixing the problem isn't going to be so easy. Years of bad drafts (thank you MM) and poor player personnel decisions (unwillingness to pay and keep what good guys we had) has thinned us out to the point where we cannot absorb the injuries because we don't have any depth. Years of bad player decisions are unfortunately going to take years to fix.

Replacing Bulger right now would only set us back even further, IMHO.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

PossumBoy9 Guest

Run DMC

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Bulger and Jackson are the guys we build our offense around. They're not going anywhere and certainly aren't going to be replaced via the draft anytime soon.
    Why not trade out Jackson for a younger, fresher Darren McFadden?

As I write this, SJ has a bulging disc in his back.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Post Re: So what the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Bulger is going to be fine. Right now he's banged up, the line is giving him no time to pass, and Scott Linehan is an absolute moron. Once we get some players back, draft others, get a new OC and HC, he'll be fine. Not to mention getting a healthy Steven Jackson back.
    i totally agree. Dump Linny and Olsen. :notworking:

Get Bulger and Jackson back, go after several linemen in the draft and free agency. A new QB wouldn't help at all, and would be a waste of a first rounder which we could use on somone (Chris Long, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, or any others who may fall to us).

Hmmmmmmm........Four days later and the Bulger haters still have no solution, theywant him gone but can't give a solution to us for who or how he would be replaced. Still waiting.......................:waiting:

Ramfanraiderhater had a good post and yes I would hope Bulger could play better but I've seen him play better so I know he can. Come on Bulger haters lets hear it.
    Just Fix It