Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: So what's the problem with the Dome?

Well said.

Love Domes. Interesting I think that a lot of the people that hate them seem to live in environments where it never drops below 60.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Well said.

Love Domes. Interesting I think that a lot of the people that hate them seem to live in environments where it never drops below 60.

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner....I nominate BrokenWing for poster of the day.

First prize is a weeks worth of toasted ravs.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I watched the great Rams comeback @ Seattle and we were in the nose bleeds. I thought it wouldnt matter where or when i watched a game if it were the Rams, but after seeing my wife and kids suffer from being cold i was convinced that it wouldnt be a family affair if the weather was foul. It wasnt super cold but sitting up top with the wind blowing did the job. Being so far away, my dream is to watch the Rams play @ the Ed. Be happy with what ya got.
    Last edited by Guam rammer; -11-04-2010 at 09:05 PM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    you can really smell the grass ?
    Yes, I could smell it at Tampa Bay because of the heat two weeks ago, and I was fortunate enough to tour Lambeau field so I got to walk on the grass and smell it there as well. Plus I usually try to get seats in the lower level in the hopes of an autograph and less likely to run into a "Typical Raider" type fan.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenwing View Post
    Hey, it gets down to 40 sometimes here in the winter and the ocean water is like 56 degrees!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Hey, it gets down to 40 sometimes here in the winter and the ocean water is like 56 degrees! [/QUOTE]

Right....

Let me know when it hits 0.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Hey, it gets down to 40 sometimes here in the winter and the ocean water is like 56 degrees!
    Right....

Let me know when it hits 0.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll keep a eye out!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Some ppl will always prefer outdoor games over dome games....These are usually the same ppl that say that anyone that complains about a blatant helmet to helmet, or late hit "never played the game" or "should put a skirt on" Lol end rant!

PS--I prefer the Dome because it is comfortable and its where my Rams play!! and btw---i played the game for years and wouldn't look good in a skirt

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I see both sides of the argument. I usually make the trek out to Buffalo about once a year to catch a Bills game. I've sat through rain, snow, you name it. Its still a lot of fun. Anybody (like me) who is used to living in the cold knows how to dress appropriately to handle miserable weather. I always have a blast there and being outside is a big part of it. Its just a lot of fun to be outside in the sun, watching football and drinking a beer with the rowdy fans.

On the flip side, living in Syracuse, the majority of my live sports watching has been in the Carrier Dome, and I also love the dome environment. Aside from the obvious weather related benefits, one thing I really like about the dome is how loud the place can get. Even in the last few years when SU football has been a joke and attendance has been pathetic, that place can still get pretty rockin in big situations. When it is completely full, I think it is much louder than an outdoor stadium could be. Certainly seems louder than the crowd at Ralph Wilson anyway.

So bottom line is... they are both great! Don't knock anybody else's opinion. There is a lot of fun to be had no matter where you watch the game. Especially helps when your team is winning!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Right....

Let me know when it hits 0.[/QUOTE]

Why, in Gods name, would anyone want to live where the temperature hits 0?

I also love the comment about people who live in nice weather towns preferring outdoor stadiums.

Duh.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I'm with MoonJoe. I watched the Rams/Bungles in Cinci a few years back. It was sleeting and 30 degrees the entire game. It was great. You have to dress for the weather. Your Sam Bradford jersey and Nike shoes won't keep you warm.

Plus, we can use it as an advantage. Find a packers fan and ask them if they think the freezing cold at Lambeau in Janurary is an advantage for their team. You know it is.

St. Louis knows how to make a good stadium. Just look at Busch. When you go by that place, you immediately think Cardinals. It is a shrine to all things redbirds. When I look at EJD, I don't see a shrine to the Rams. I see a place that has Spongebob on Ice on Saturday and football on Sunday.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    I'm with MoonJoe. I watched the Rams/Bungles in Cinci a few years back. It was sleeting and 30 degrees the entire game. It was great. You have to dress for the weather. Your Sam Bradford jersey and Nike shoes won't keep you warm.

Plus, we can use it as an advantage. Find a packers fan and ask them if they think the freezing cold at Lambeau in Janurary is an advantage for their team. You know it is.

St. Louis knows how to make a good stadium. Just look at Busch. When you go by that place, you immediately think Cardinals. It is a shrine to all things redbirds. When I look at EJD, I don't see a shrine to the Rams. I see a place that has Spongebob on Ice on Saturday and football on Sunday.
    I believe they played hockey last year at Fenway, doesn't take away the appeal of the green monster and the Red Sox and most of these stadiums have to double as concert venues, it keeps people working and I agree about Busch Stadium, everything about it says Cardinals except for the U2 concert they are having there in July.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

These days, you can have your cake and eat it too with domed stadiums. Retractible roofs and roll out natural grass is the only way to go IMO. You get the best of both worlds and everybody is happy. Too bad the technology wasn't around in the later half of the 90's.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -11-06-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Why, in Gods name, would anyone want to live where the temperature hits 0?

I also love the comment about people who live in nice weather towns preferring outdoor stadiums.

Duh.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to live here, but I also don't have a choice. IL pisses me off. Although it's not the weather.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Domes are the best because with outdoors when the weather gets cold the cheerleaders dress more. With the climate controlled dome you get to see them more enough said lol.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

I am from CA. I have been to many stadiums in different states as well. Football doesn't bother me at all in a dome. The Ed was real nice. With all the rumors about the quality of the stadium I thought it was going to be in bad shape. I liked the stadium and don't c any problems with it.

Baseball has to be played outside it's more a part of it's element.

GO RAMS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast