Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: so you think taking Jenkins was a risk huh?

Will51 is offline Registered User

so you think taking Jenkins was a risk huh?

Take this into consideration... In 2010 janoris held alshon Jeffrey, julio Jones and aj green to a COMBINED 14 rec. For 114 yards and 1 td. Add to the fact all those receivers stand 6'3 or taller. Not much of a risk if u factor in we had 3 second round picks. If this guy stays out of trouble and plays to his potential we will have an elite shut down corner, something that has been missing since aeneas left.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: so you think taking Jenkins was a risk huh?

Quote Originally Posted by will51 View Post
    take this into consideration... In 2010 janoris held alshon jeffrey, julio jones and aj green to a combined 14 rec. For 114 yards and 1 td. Add to the fact all those receivers stand 6'3 or taller. Not much of a risk if u factor in we had 3 second round picks. If this guy stays out of trouble and plays to his potential we will have an elite shut down corner, something that has been missing since aeneas left.
    If ............
    HUbison likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    If ............
    Exactly. The definition of "a risk" is that there is that unknown factor. That factor being; "has the kid grown up enough to stay away from the wacky weed, and keep his junk in his pants or wrapped in latex?"

If the answer ends up being "yes", he'll be a tremendous asset. If the answer is no, than he'll be another wasted NFL pick. Only time will tell...

Therefore, yes, he is a risk.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

isnt every pick a risk? players bust all the time, i dont see the difference.. whether its smoking drugs or just being lazy, a bust is a bust.
    rammiser, Tampa_Ram and Agrajag like this.
    Defence Wins Championships

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    Take this into consideration... In 2010 janoris held alshon Jeffrey, julio Jones and aj green to a COMBINED 14 rec. For 114 yards and 1 td.
    How did he do against them in 2011?

Hopefully, we get the 2010 Jenkins. He was the one that was allowed on the field. The 2011 exiled Jenkins won't do us any good.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    How did he do against them in 2011?

Hopefully, we get the 2010 Jenkins. He was the one that was allowed on the field. The 2011 exiled Jenkins won't do us any good.
    No college corners did well against Jones and Green in 2011. Because they didn't play in college in 2011.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Exactly. The definition of "a risk" is that there is that unknown factor. That factor being; "has the kid grown up enough to stay away from the wacky weed, and keep his junk in his pants or wrapped in latex?"

If the answer ends up being "yes", he'll be a tremendous asset. If the answer is no, than he'll be another wasted NFL pick. Only time will tell...

Therefore, yes, he is a risk.
    last time I checked Nfl players don't get suspended for impregnating women. I don't know why people keep bringing this up when it has nothing to do with him playing or playing well.
    KoaKoi, DE_Ramfan and Agrajag like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    No college corners did well against Jones and Green in 2011. Because they didn't play in college in 2011.
    The point of course being that Jenkins was not available, in 2011, to cover any SEC receiver.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    last time I checked Nfl players don't get suspended for impregnating women. I don't know why people keep bringing this up when it has nothing to do with him playing or playing well.
    It was brought up because the Rams announced they intend to call him every day to "keep him out of trouble", as a "safeguard". I think that's a reasonable cause for concern. The Rams obviously don't trust him to stay on the straight and narrow.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The point of course being that Jenkins was not available, in 2011, to cover any SEC receiver.
    True, but no SEC receiver caught any passes on him either :P
    Nick likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I guess people are concerned that if he has his mind on partying and having women, then he won't be focused on football, which will detract from his playing ability. Some guys can do it, some guys can't. Just because some guys have been successful while making bad decisions doesn't mean it should then be automatically disqualified as a concern. Some guys, when they get the money, all they care about is living big. Will Jenkins be like that? I certainly don't know, but I don't think you can dismiss maturity concerns with a wave of the hand like swatting away an annoying fly.

Marijuana concerns, obviously, are the fact they can remove him from the field as per violation of NFL rules, so hopefully he realizes that once he is retired, he can smoke his freakin brain out if he wants, but until then, the only way to stay on the field and making money is to stay clear of it.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

pure definition of a shut down corner.
    Nick likes this.

Good point. And that is the same justification I'm going to use to get my own shot at the NFL.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Good point. And that is the same justification I'm going to use to get my own shot at the NFL.
    Get tased while smoking a joint at a small school with 3 different women and Fisher might take you in the first round.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Does wearing a condom while sleeping with multiple partners make you any better than the guy that doesnt wear one? Sure you might have less kids but people are fooling themselves if they think that a lot and i mean a lot of professional athletes arent womanizers. Just because Jenkins has 4 kids doesnt make him more out of control then a guy with no kids but hundreds of groupies in every city.

As for smoking pot sure it can get him in trouble in the NFL. Does this make him a bigger risk then any of the guys we picked? In my opinion it does not. How many DT's have we taken in the 1st round that have not panned out? Pretty risky taking another dt at 14 if you ask me. We took a wr from App State pretty risky if you ask me. They are all a risk and a gamble. I dont care how much research you do a team does not know if they are getting the next Jamarcus Russell or the next Peyton Manning. If they knew Montana and Brady would have been #1 overall picks and Kurt Warner would have never bagged groceries for anyone. We had 3 2nd round picks if 1 of them pans out ok. If 2 of them pan out that would be nice. If all three pan out consider us lucky.

I like the risks our front office is taking, afterall the old regime wasnt really taking risks rather picking 4 pillar guys. Teams need talent and they arent all gonna be Mary freakin Poppins, and dont need to be to succeed.
    Just Fix It

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast