RamWraith is offline Registered User

Some Bernie stuff

Zymunt will push for Fairchild.

Shaw will want to go outside the organization for a new coach.

Vitt privately is saying he doesn't want the job -- because there's too much BS that goes along with it that he can't stand doing ... media obligations, PR stuff, having to meet and be on the phone fequently with team executives....he just likes to coach. He can also change his mind.

--B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Is Vitt for Real??He's done a terrific job.
    But it's been only three games.
    Let's see how it plays out -- lot of tough games ahead.

And he'll certainly be encountering coaches who bring more brain cells to the competition than Jack Del Rio.

--B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night Vitt showed the team battle scenes from the movie "Gladiator."

--B

Outstanding job by the Rams coaching staff, but in one respect they were fortunate that they got to go against the stiffs on the other side of the field.

How did Jack Del Rio get a head coaching job? Because he looks good in a golf shirt?

The incompetent coaching by the Jax staff on both sides of the ball was so preposterously bad, that it's almost humorous.

They never played 8 in the box to stuff Steven Jackson -- which is the one thing they had to do to win the game.

They never fully exploited their own running game by constantly attacking the Rams' front seven.

Let's see: the game plans were to win by stopping Jamie Martin and by letting Byron Leftwich air it out?

What clowns.

--B

Subject: Charlie Weis signs new 10 year contract You mean, Weis didn't want to bolt from Notre Dame after one season to come to STL for the privilege of learning something about football from Jay Zygmunt?

I'm stunned.

--B

Post subject: Bernie, any truth to the Rams saying SB too expensive?

Shaw says a lot of things in jest, or with tongue in cheek, so I'm not going to take this at face value until I get the chance to speak to him about context.

Candidly, Martz is starting to say some things that simply aren't true.

He was trying to convince some of us the other day that he didn't want to draft Travis Scott, when in fact he was the only employee of the St. Louis Rams who wanted to draft Travis Scott. Armey had Scott rated as a undrafted free agent who was good for nothing more than a look at camp. And Martz picked him in Round 4.

--B

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Some Bernie stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie
    Vitt privately is saying he doesn't want the job -- because there's too much BS that goes along with it that he can't stand doing ... media obligations, PR stuff, having to meet and be on the phone fequently with team executives....he just likes to coach.
    And perhaps the biggest BS of all, putting up with Shaw and Zygmunt.

They never played 8 in the box to stuff Steven Jackson -- which is the one thing they had to do to win the game.
    This shocks me. I would think going into this gameplan you would try and shut down Steven Jackson in order to force Jamie Martin to beat you. Maybe Jack Del Rio didn't get the memo?

He was trying to convince some of us the other day that he didn't want to draft Travis Scott, when in fact he was the only employee of the St. Louis Rams who wanted to draft Travis Scott. Armey had Scott rated as a undrafted free agent who was good for nothing more than a look at camp. And Martz picked him in Round 4.
    If I was Mike Martz, I wouldn't want to take credit for that pick, either. He's not going to make any allies anywhere if he isn't honest.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Some Bernie stuff

Hopefully the bye week will keep some of this organizational crap out of the headlines. Good time for the Rams to go on hiatus.

Shaw and Zygmut, if they have the interests of this team in mind even the slightest bit, need to shelve this stuff until a more appropriate time...like after the season.

It's apparent the Rams are winning IN SPITE of their FO.

Martz should fade away as well, now that he did a few interviews.