RamWraith is offline Registered User

Some Bernie stuff

On Marc Bulger:
    BernieM wrote:
    He didn't call out the team, he didn't call out anyone except a couple of young O-linemen. Big freaking deal.

And this is coming from a guy who set the tone and the example for the young players with his "who cares" remarks during the preseason.

--B

On Team's feelings on Jimmy Kennedy:
    BernieM wrote:
    I think the appropriate words would be "fairly useless."

--B

BernieM wrote:
    OK, I'll try another phrase:

He's terrible.

--B

BernieM wrote:
    I don't blame the fans.
    This dome was very loud Monday night.
    Rams fans continue to sell the place out.
    I don't care if Bears fans got in; that's happening all over the NFL -- did you see all those Saints fans @ Dallas on Sunday night?

As long as fans sell out a stadium, they earn my respect.

And I don't blame anyone for being pizzzed at the bad drafts, the dumb plays, and all the things that go wrong. It's OK to want and demand better.

Sorry if that disappoints you..

--B

BernieM wrote:
    Hey, get mad at Holt or anyone that you'd like.
    I think he's a great player, and I know his heart is in the right place.
    He's got an excellent chance at the Hall of Fame.

But let him drop a few passes -- and the criticism is remarkably vicious. I think it makes Rams fans look foolish, but I could be wrong.

I mean, there are actually people on this and other forums tonight who are ripping Bulger, Holt, Bruce and the Rams offense...

HUH?

The Bears came in here allowing 12.5 points a game... the Rams scored 27, rolled up 433 yards and 21 first downs, and got 4.5 yards a carry and 10 catches from Jackson, and 356 yards passing and three TDs out of Bulger, and two TDs from Holt .... and people are ripping the offense?

Unreal. How stupid do you have to be?

--B

AugustaRamFan Guest

Re: Some Bernie stuff

Although Kennedy project goes on he is terrible and willbe a bust! Just another high first round pick that turned into a million dollar waste of time.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i actually agree with Bernie about th offense

there should be no criticism on them, they did enough to win and win well, its the defense and special teams that cost the game

Rambos is offline Registered User

The Bears came in here allowing 12.5 points a game... the Rams scored 27, rolled up 433 yards and 21 first downs, and got 4.5 yards a carry and 10 catches from Jackson, and 356 yards passing and three TDs out of Bulger, and two TDs from Holt .... and people are ripping the offense?
    Question if this offfense can put up numbers like these against the Bears. Why can't we do it week in and week out? Is it coaching? Game plan? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Question if this offfense can put up numbers like these against the Bears. Why can't we do it week in and week out? Is it coaching? Game plan? What?
    I think its more that the Bears didnt feel the need to gameplan against the Rams, where as in the past teams like Arizona have keyed off on certain players to reduce their effect on the game. The bears didnt do that.

It also helps that we didnt give up any sacks. I dont know what the difference was, and Bulger got hit a lot, but the ball was always out before he got hit

coy bacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan View Post
    Although Kennedy project goes on he is terrible and willbe a bust! Just another high first round pick that turned into a million dollar waste of time.
    Hey now, hey now. Nobody else is allowed to criticize Mr Kennedy cept me. I got the corner on this market baby, step off!

Actually, I'm wondering about JK's numbers. I'm guessing that its not fair to describe him as a "bust" relative to overall performance, but as a 'bust" relative to being a 1st round draft pick. Ya'll remember when the Rams screwed over Messers Jeff Z and Young, to keep the other duds? Ahh, the joys of hindsight... shoulda, coulda, woulda. Lost or squandered opportunities.

I'm thinkin the Rams need to sign Leroy Jenkins to play DT.

Young and Pickett would be a decent pairing in the middle right now...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie
    I don't blame the fans. This dome was very loud Monday night. Rams fans continue to sell the place out. I don't care if Bears fans got in; that's happening all over the NFL -- did you see all those Saints fans @ Dallas on Sunday night?

As long as fans sell out a stadium, they earn my respect.

And I don't blame anyone for being pizzzed at the bad drafts, the dumb plays, and all the things that go wrong. It's OK to want and demand better.

Sorry if that disappoints you..
    Hmmm. The dome WAS very loud Monday night, so loud that the Rams offense had to go to a silent count because they could not hear over the crowd noise. The CHICAGO crowd noise. Does that disturb anyone??

I think it's great that fans sell the place out, but I just can't respect anyone who routinely blows off games and sells their tickets to the highest bidder on eBay. What kind of "fan" does that?

As far as being puzzled at things that go wrong and wanting better, are there actually any people that are disappointed with others wanting things to improve? Where does Bernie get this stuff?

majorram is offline Registered User

The Rams silent count issue on O really distrubes me........ no, no just plain freaks me out and we are playing in our house.... unbelievable... HHmmm a silent count in OUR house guys......

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I think its more that the Bears didnt feel the need to gameplan against the Rams
    I don't think that's true at all, you are taking away from how well the offense played against the Bears. Teams don't just say "we don't need to gameplan." Especially after the Bears almost lost to the Cards (and they really should have lost). The Bears weren't taking us for granted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

RamsFan16 Guest

On Bernie's comment on the teams feeling on Kennedy being that he's useless, is that his personal opinion or do you think its the teams actual thought?