• 1 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By Goldenfleece

Thread: Some Blog dissing our D.

BEER is offline Registered User

Some Blog dissing our D.

indiansjoed

5:27 AM on August 22, 2011 | Likes: 0
    Report Abuse

It is no accident that the Titans ran wild against us, even without their best back. It happened all last year. Simply put we are not big enough on the line. Justin Banon and Daniel Muir are not big or talented enough to stop thr run. They weren't even starters are their previous teams. We needed to sign an impact DT, not back-up players like we did. Also, Diles and Poppinga were not starters on their previous teams. there is a reason for that, they are not good enough.

I think backups in one system can be starters in another, like ours. I trully believe we will be a top 8 to 10 D... Its great depth and rotation, is what I see.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Some Blog dissing our D.

I once read a blog stating Obama was an alien, so.....

I once read a blog about blogs. .... LOL he looks like jim carrey.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    indiansjoed

Report Abuse

It is no accident that the Titans ran wild against us, even without their best back. It happened all last year. Simply put we are not big enough on the line. Justin Banon and Daniel Muir are not big or talented enough to stop thr run. They weren't even starters are their previous teams. We needed to sign an impact DT, not back-up players like we did. Also, Diles and Poppinga were not starters on their previous teams. there is a reason for that, they are not good enough.

I think backups in one system can be starters in another, like ours. I trully believe we will be a top 8 to 10 D... Its great depth and rotation, is what I see.
    all those players were starters on their teams last year (apart from Poppinga but lets face it, not many would push out the starters they had there and B.P was injured anyway)

it`s like he`s one of those strange fellows that only watches the college game and keeps one lazy eye only on the NFL!

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I don't think Diles & Poppinga were even in the game for most of those big run breakdowns. And since when does a DT get blamed for losing backside contain on a cut back run? Kehl, Leber, & Stewart were there several times,iirc, and missed tackles. Lau has to take some of the blame,too; he seemed to be struggling to shed blockers & missed some plays/reads himself.And both Hall and Long will be squirming a bit when the tape is reviewed as well.

I don't think any of the new LBs or DTs has made much of an impact with the first string in the games so far; that's true, but it's too easy an answer to blame them for what happened vs The Titans.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You lost me at "some blog."
    Nick likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

blog blog blog

Its just conversation dude?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Also, the sky is not blue enough, the grass could be greener, and this steak I'm eating barely ranks in the top five I've ever had.
    gap likes this.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Think I'll go w/ Bernie on this one .... use the same LB's as 2010, get the same results. Once Poppinga, Diles and Leber are in there that should definitely stop those cutbacks.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    Think I'll go w/ Bernie on this one .... use the same LB's as 2010, get the same results. Once Poppinga, Diles and Leber are in there that should definitely stop those cutbacks.
    Hey someone with insight! I agree with you on Poppinga diles and Leber. I think the depth is going to be big for us.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

indiansjoed

Report Abuse

um ya, i think that the comments on nfl.com videos and articles are lame and wouldnt get all worked up about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    um ya, i think that the comments on nfl.com videos and articles are lame and wouldnt get all worked up about it.....

its just something to talk about.. Why not.?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Here's my "conversation." Considering that Bannon, Muir, Poppinga and Diles were all considered run stoppers, as opposed to pass rushers or coverage linebackers in their former homes, I think that it would make sense that maybe, just maybe, these guys who have had all of three weeks to practice together might get it together in the next three?

A message was sent this year by Spags, and that is that we're going to stop the run. We drafted a pass rusher 1st, yes, we couldn't pass him up, but all of our defensive pickups in free agency except for Leber, who plays a good coverage Will, but he's a vet so he can cover the run as well, were geared to stopping the run. Otogwe, a center fielder of a safety was released and we picked up Mikell who plays in the box. The four I mentioned earlier: Ravens/Bronco run stopper(Ravens is really all I had to say), Colts run stopper(if the Colts could stop a run), Texans run stopper(like the Texans could stop a pass anyway), and a run stopper from Green Bay(who would have played opposite the pass rusher in Matthews if healthy).
    I believe!

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Just two preseason games, lets not get too worked up.