Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    The Rammer's Avatar
    The Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    5

    Some bright and low spots today:

    Chris Long had a great game and Victor Adeyanju showed some promise. Craig Dahl and James Laurinaitis seemed to play very well, and Amendola had a nice day minus the fumble, which happened when the game was up for grabs. Kicking and punting coverage was pretty good. Also, it was very nice to see Brandon Gibson make his first career touchdown.

    As stated before Amendola had a huge fumble lost on a punt return. Danny Gorrer got torched all day and almost had an interception for a touchdown. Keith Null showed why he a year ago he was playing D2 football for Ryan Leaf, and Alex Barron played terribly, not to mention the fact that now Mark Setterstrom is hurt and we have to play Roger Allen III.


  2. #2
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    Mark Setterstrom is always hurt. That is why I have been stating we need an upgrade at the guard position.

  3. #3
    The Rammer's Avatar
    The Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Mark Setterstrom is always hurt. That is why I have been stating we need an upgrade at the guard position.
    I think that when he's healthy, he's been good. Greco is not that good, but also not too shabby. Jacob Bell is a good player, he should be back for next year along with a new right guard.

  4. #4
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rammer View Post
    I think that when he's healthy, he's been good. Greco is not that good, but also not too shabby. Jacob Bell is a good player, he should be back for next year along with a new right guard.
    I don't want to play the "when he's healthy" game with Setterstrom. He is never healthy, so we really need to part ways with the guy. Stop wasting our time with him.

    As for today, yes there were highs and lows. That Gibson catch was spectacular! One of the nicest receptions on the Rams this year. Also, Avery coming back to catch that ball which looked to be going out of bounds.


    The O-line was HORRID today. It didn't even look like Keith Null had time to throw. It's hard to evaluate Null, seeming there are a ton of starters on IR. And we have terrible ones playing (Barron)

    The draft can't come soon enough can it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

  5. #5
    sdobbers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    I doubt he'll be there by the time that the second round comes around but if he is...we should draft Mike Iupati to be one of our new guards.

  6. #6
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I don't want to play the "when he's healthy" game with Setterstrom. He is never healthy, so we really need to part ways with the guy. Stop wasting our time with him.

    As for today, yes there were highs and lows. That Gibson catch was spectacular! One of the nicest receptions on the Rams this year. Also, Avery coming back to catch that ball which looked to be going out of bounds.


    The O-line was HORRID today. It didn't even look like Keith Null had time to throw. It's hard to evaluate Null, seeming there are a ton of starters on IR. And we have terrible ones playing (Barron)

    The draft can't come soon enough can it.
    I agree. I think it's time for us to get rid of Setterstrom. He's decently serviceable as a back-up, but I do not trust him as a full time starter because of his injuries, and because of his blocking. He's not very good, but he's not a total bum either.



    Our O-line was pretty bad today. No lie.

  7. #7
    bradwill's Avatar
    bradwill is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    Setterstrom is a good run blocker and so-so in pass blocking, exactly like Incognito. With his injury history, I can't see relying on him as a starter. Greco is simply not good. Bell played poorly last year and the same this year until suddenly in the last month he really turned it around. Then he gets injured. Need a guard and need an OT to replace the can't depart-soon-enough Alex Barron.

  8. #8
    BAMF_Z32 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    Quote Originally Posted by sdobbers View Post
    I doubt he'll be there by the time that the second round comes around but if he is...we should draft Mike Iupati to be one of our new guards.
    100% agree, the dude is a beast

  9. #9
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    Quote Originally Posted by sdobbers View Post
    I doubt he'll be there by the time that the second round comes around but if he is...we should draft Mike Iupati to be one of our new guards.

    I'll third that. Right guard seems to be emerging as a position of need now, along with damn near everything else.

  10. #10
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,643
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Some bright and low spots today:

    I doubt we draft a guard high up in the draft with all our other needs, but id be surprised if we didnt touch guard at all in the draft, and we will pick up someone in free agency.

    Remember that Adam Goldberg is pretty handy at guard too, but he is having to play tackle right now with Smith out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •