PHAT-MONEY Guest

Some Draft thoughts, and oh yeah, my boy Brock Berlin

My concern is SS. Cory Chavous is older and slower, we need to go get the second coming of the late sean taylor, lets dig into the U real quick. WE need kenny Phillips. he is the same type of player as Sean and is faster, and is an excellent coverage guy, the way i see it we are set at de and dt. we have james hall, leonard little, adam carriker, and la'roi glover, lets not forget our young stud clifton ryan, we need a stong safty and kenny, if he comes out will be the right man. Now for brock Berlin, he may be young but As a fan of miami i have noticed that since he left they have struggled to find an iddentity on offense, he is more mobile that marc bulger, and has more potential that marc did, don't get me wrong cause i love marc, but do we really need to rish marc getting seriously hurt for the sake of another win or two, i say we throw the young kid in there and see what he's got. in the preseason he never played with the #1's like holt and Ike, he may blossom, he may not but you will never know, don't you want to know.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Some Draft thoughts, and oh yeah, my boy Brock Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    My concern is SS. Cory Chavous is older and slower, we need to go get the second coming of the late sean taylor, lets dig into the U real quick. WE need kenny Phillips. he is the same type of player as Sean and is faster, and is an excellent coverage guy, the way i see it we are set at de and dt. we have james hall, leonard little, adam carriker, and la'roi glover, lets not forget our young stud clifton ryan, we need a stong safty and kenny, if he comes out will be the right man.
    I don't even want to touch Brock Berlin.

I'd surely hope that safety would be approxiamtely third on your list of needs. Now, don't get me wrong, Kenny Phillips is a great prospect, but without a defenisvle line that can get consistent pressure on the passer, it would not matter if we had Champ Bailey, Ed Reed, Asante Samuel and Brian Dawkins in the secondary. Because if a quarterback has time to throw, then he has a much greater chance of competing his passes, moving the ball down the field.

That's why my main issue is the defensive line, and I think you'll be hearing a lot from "our people." People who want pass rush so that OJ Atogwe, Ron Bartell and Tye Hill really stand out. I'd love an impact safety, but really, what difference does it make if you have to use that safety to blitz all day because you can't get any pressure with your down linemen? What happens, you see, is the "great" Chris Redman emerges to tear your second-half defense to shreds.

Offensive line is second on my list of priorities, and you need only reference what's happend to our line and their 17 different starting combinations to find out why.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

WE need kenny Phillips. he is the same type of player as Sean and is faster, and is an excellent coverage guy
    Even if Phillips declares, we may not be getting great value picking him in the first round without a trade down. It's too early to say at this point what his range is going to be, though there's no question in my mind he's the undisputed top safety if he chooses to come out.

Regardless, unless our front office's opinions on the merit of a first round safety have changed since 2003, they may not take him anyway even if the draft value is good there. Let's remember that the word on the street is we passed on Troy Polamalu in 2003 because the FO either didn't think safeties were valuable enough to warrant going that high. Are we now going to turn around and take one in the top 5-8 picks?

the way i see it we are set at de and dt.
    DT, yes. DE, couldn't disagree more. Little and Hall are both aging, and prior to being put on IR, Little wasn't exactly lighting up the world as a pass rusher. Behind them we have Adeyanju and... Eric Moore? Trevor Johnson? We need a future starter here; we're hardly set IMO.

do we really need to rish marc getting seriously hurt for the sake of another win or two
    Players want to win. Coaches want to win. You win by putting your best people on the field.

If Marc Bulger is medically cleared and benched because you don't want to risk him for a meaningless win, what kind of message are you sending to your players? your fans? your employer?

Linehan is fighting for his job; he's not going to bench starters and play back-ups to see whether or not they have a future here when he's not even sure whether or not he himself does.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

keith m. klink Guest

are you talking about the colorado state rams , because you sure can't be refrencing THE RAMS , if you think we desperately need a safety , try round #2 , but round #1 better be a DE , end of discussion . but the safety better be a hell of a lot better than the best OT available , or you can look at rd's 3-5 for your DB .