tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Some KFFL reports on the Rams, Glover's contract etc

Rams | Contract update: L. Glover
    Tue, 7 Mar 2006 05:48:31 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the three-year contract signed with the St. Louis Rams by DT La'Roi Glover is worth $12 million, including a signing bonus of $3.5 million

Rams | Linehan optimistic Bruce will re-sign
    Tue, 7 Mar 2006 05:53:35 -0800

Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan said Monday, March 6, he's optimistic WR Isaac Bruce will be back with the team. Bruce becomes a free agent for the first time in his career, but the Rams still are hoping to sign him to a contract that both the 11-year veteran and the team can live with. We've had nothing but positive interaction," Linehan said of the negotiations between Bruce's agent, Jimmy Sexton, and Rams president for football operations Jay Zygmunt. "Even though, there was a cut that was made, it doesn't mean, in my mind, hat we are not going to get a deal done. I feel very positive about resuming talks and getting that uniform back on our guy. We'll do everything that we can to make that happen."

Rams | Glover signing decreases the need to re-sign Pickett and Lewis
    Tue, 7 Mar 2006 05:51:25 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the signing of DT La'Roi Glover by the St. Louis Rams decreases the likelihood of the Rams re-signing free agent DTs Ryan Pickett (Rams) and Damione Lewis (Rams). "It doesn't eliminate the possibility," head coach Scott Linehan said. "We still need to address our overall depth and ability inside on our defensive front. So we're still talking to those fellows about the possibility of coming back."

Rams | Team may drop interest in Bernard
    Tue, 7 Mar 2006 05:48:53 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the signing of DT La'Roi Glover by the St. Louis Rams almost certainly ends any interest the Rams might have in free agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks), who led NFL defensive tackles in sacks last season (8 1/2).

Well the contract seems large, averages out at about $4mill a year, although its likely that the last year is more expensive then the other two. The parts about Bruce and the re-signing of Pickett and Lewis is from the interview Linehan gave earlier, but i dont think resigning Pickett is out of the question. The Glover signing just makes it less important to get Pickett resigned. I didnt know the Rams had interest in Barnard either, but i wouldnt mind him here if he came at the right price. We can finally take some defensive lineman off the seahawks for once instead of the otehr way around.

RamsFan16 Guest

Re: Some KFFL reports on the Rams, Glover's contract etc

If we don't attempt to sign Pickett anymore. We should attempt to sign Sam Adams (Bills) or Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) because we have no one else for the middle then. Brian Howard is undersized. We need Pickett or Bernard or Adams. Enough Said!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Some KFFL reports on the Rams, Glover's contract etc

Well, we do still have Kennedy, who's definitely big enough to be a NT, but I would still like to have Pickett back.

ramhard is offline Registered User

Implications for Pickett - sets upper bar

What the Glover signing does do is set the upper bar for Pickett. He's been seeking $4M per year, and if Pro Bowl tackle is willing to play for $4M a year then the market for him will be less. Would a 3 year with a $3.33M per year average do it (3 years for $10M with something like a $3M signing bonus? I think it will, the question is do you pay that?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Implications for Pickett - sets upper bar

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard
    What the Glover signing does do is set the upper bar for Pickett. He's been seeking $4M per year, and if Pro Bowl tackle is willing to play for $4M a year then the market for him will be less. Would a 3 year with a $3.33M per year average do it (3 years for $10M with something like a $3M signing bonus? I think it will, the question is do you pay that?

I think Pickett will be seeking a longer term deal then 3 years, but thats good for the Rams as they can backload it