RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Some News that may Hurt the Rams Playoff Chances

It may not make a difference, and I'm hoping it doesn't, but It does definitely help the Panthers against the Saints.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

"Delhomme practices, could play

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme practiced Wednesday for the first time in more than three weeks and could play in the Panthers' regular-season finale against New Orleans.

Delhomme had been sidelined since suffering ligament damage in his right thumb in Carolina's loss to Philadelphia on Dec. 4, unable to grip a football. But Delhomme was able to throw Wednesday and worked with the first team. He's listed as questionable for Sunday's game, a must-win for the Panthers to keep their slim playoffs hopes alive.

"It's real good to get your starting quarterback back," Panthers coach John Fox said. "With his leadership and what he means for this team, it's important to have him back."

Chris Weinke has struggled filling in for Delhomme in the past three games. Carolina ended its four-game losing streak with a 10-3 win over Atlanta by running the ball a team-record 52 times. Weinke threw only seven passes, completing four for 32 yards and a touchdown.

The win kept Carolina (7-8) in the playoff hunt. The Panthers would qualify with a win against the Saints, combined with losses by the New York Giants against Washington on Saturday and Green Bay against Chicago on Sunday night.

"We've adjusted to injuries all season long, regardless of the position," Fox said. "Guys have hung in there and it's always good to get one of your starters back."

Receiver Drew Carter (ankle) and linebacker Thomas Davis (shoulder) did not practice Wednesday and are listed as questionable.

Also Wednesday the Panthers placed cornerback Dion Byrum on injured reserve with a hamstring injury and signed safety Cam Newton
    ."

bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: Some News that may Hurt the Rams Playoff Chances

I don't think this is such bad news. Delhomme wasn't exactly burning things up when he was starting earlier in the season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

No matter Delhomme had been playing lousy....no reason to think that will change especially after not playing the last 2 games.

Destiny......

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Nothing could be worse than Stinky Weinke. Someone posted he has lost 17 straight games? Ouch. Delhomme at least gives them a snownalls chance in hell of winning this game.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

New Orleans is ON FIRE and young they want blood!!! Delhomme will not be a factor.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

blouie2 is offline Registered User

Are the saints playing for anything? Home field? A bye? I think they are. I see a whippin' coming on.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

actually they play for nothing but momentum, which a young team needs in order to keep on winning. as for the division, its thiers and a first round bye. they are a lock on #2 seed in the nfc.

young teams can't handle loses as well as veteran clubs, especially going into a bye week and coaches know this. look at reggie bush and crew keepin it on the ground and bull nosing this one out. it will be a close one.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8