Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Some Observations

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Some Observations

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    We lost to a superbowl challenging/ playoff caliber team in the Eagles. The Rams are a Pre-Season Champion type caliber team.
    See, I disagree. Our mediocre receivers got open against their secondary. Our backs ran very well against them. Our d-line spent half the game in their backfield, forcing Vick back into his old habits of horrendous passing and running at the first sign of trouble. Even that 41-yarder to DeSean was underthrown; it was just an amazing effort by Jackson to reel it in. They committed nearly as many penalties as we did, and it looked like there were several illegal blocks that went uncalled, as well. It was a lot closer game than the scoreboard shows, but to me, the poor offensive line play, poor run defense and high number of incompletions painted both teams in an unflattering light. Either they were both really rusty from the shortened camp or they were both just that sloppy.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    See, I disagree. Our mediocre receivers got open against their secondary. Our backs ran very well against them. Our d-line spent half the game in their backfield, forcing Vick back into his old habits of horrendous passing and running at the first sign of trouble. Even that 41-yarder to DeSean was underthrown; it was just an amazing effort by Jackson to reel it in. They committed nearly as many penalties as we did, and it looked like there were several illegal blocks that went uncalled, as well. It was a lot closer game than the scoreboard shows, but to me, the poor offensive line play, poor run defense and high number of incompletions painted both teams in an unflattering light. Either they were both really rusty from the shortened camp or they were both just that sloppy.
    Regarding Jackson, that is what good receivers do. It is their job to bring in those passes. Don't forget about the two that he dropped as well. Easily could have scored on at least one of them. I do agree that the shortened camp has hurt all the teams, not just both of ours. There were a lot of non calls, but not just non calls against the Eagles. I saw a hell of a lot of holding by the Rams that went uncalled as well. In all honesty, I think that by week 4 or 5 we should start to see all the teams start to perform to their fullest capability.

As an Eagles fan, looking at your team, though, I have to say that if you guys don't get some other DEPENDABLE receivers, you are going to have a long long season. Once S. Jackson got hurt, your offense fell apart. That just isn't going to cut it if you make it into the playoffs. Your defense is going to get battered and worn if your offense can't carry their share.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Sure they were rusty, but Philly made big plays down the strecth. Only big play the Rams made was the 47 yard Jackson TD run. Bradford looked unsure of himself running the offense, he needs to figure out what works for him, he's a step slow and hesitatant. Mike Vick's case may have more to due to rust. Coming up with the big plays with your skills, on the road and getting the Win is all you can ask from your QB. In that case, Vick had a fairly exceptional day against the Rams, along with his supporting cast of Deshean Jackson, Avant and the RB. Screboard Eagles. Rams had better regroup for MNF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12