r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Some Observations From The Rams-Ravens Game

Sam Bradford has been nothing short of amazing the last two games. It's looking more and more like he just may have "it". His touchdown pass to Bajema was a thing of beauty. Spags asked him for two strong performances in a row, and Bradford delivered. I don't know how he can be denied the starting job on opening day.

Bobby Carpenter has been quietly making some big plays. The interception to seal the win against the Browns, a tipped pass leading to an interception and a sack against the Ravens. Would love to see him continue to step it up.

Brandon Gibson had a solid performance, despite bobbling the Null pass that led to the interception. 4 catches for 40 yards and a great acrobatic leaping grab for his 2nd TD of the preseason. He stepped up his game.

Keith Null had a very good day and probably will keep his spot on the roster.

Fells and Onobun both had decent games, it will be interesting to see what happens with the TE's.

Chris Chamberlain showed some quick hands on the interception. Too bad he got no blocking help from his teammates on the return.

Josh Brown looks rock solid.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Re: Some Observations From The Rams-Ravens Game

Sam has given us all hope for the season, for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Feeley start game #1 then put Sam in later in the game. Spags may want to see how the team, esp the OL, does vs a strong front seven like The Cards & an actual game plan before putting him in.

Agreed on BC and CC. Who'da thunk the Rams LB corps would transform into one of the deepest units on the team like this?

Agreed on Gibby. I like this kid & still think he's a stronger candidate than DA for the #2 spot. May take a game or three because DA has built a rapport with Sam.

I really don't get the passion for Fendi. I know he has the athletic upside but, based on game performance, he's no more than a PS player barring injury to Fells or Uh-Oh.

Not sure about Null. I think Lewis is a lot further along than Null was at this point last year & has that mobility dimension to his game.He has also shown some remarkable mental toughness; coming back from the INT last week & the clutch 3rd down throw to Curry yesterday that really helped to seal the deal.Null doesn't get rattled, either, but he doesn't necessarily respond productively.

If I were Ogby, I'd be extremely worried right now. I think Darby outplayed him significantly.I think his only chance is that he still runs better between the tackles than Darby.But I wouldn't be surprised to see either Ogby or Toston lose his spot to a vet pounder after the cutdowns.

Another guy who might be sweatin' it is King. He got beat a few times yesterday but Troy Smith was so awful that he got away with it.

In general, I think it says a bit about the direction of this team that many guys whom I think will probably be cut still showed a lot of promise. Curry, Hull (can you keep him over Vobora?), Stewart-raw coverage skills but great tackling, and the junkyard dog, Cudjo.( I think Troy Smith will have nightmares about that sack for a while; looked like one of those old commercials where the office worker gets creamed by an NFL player). The Rams are getting to the point where other teams might even covet some of our cast-offs.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Some Observations From The Rams-Ravens Game

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Sam has given us all hope for the season, for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Feeley start game #1 then put Sam in later in the game. Spags may want to see how the team, esp the OL, does vs a strong front seven like The Cards & an actual game plan before putting him in.
    We'll see, but Spags has gone from emphatically saying Feeley was the starter to now saying he'll make the decision in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Agreed on BC and CC. Who'da thunk the Rams LB corps would transform into one of the deepest units on the team like this?
    Definitely the unit I feel most comfortable with as far as ability and depth.