Will51 is offline Registered User

some one please tell me whats goin on

how do we pass on cris jenkins, marcus stroud, shaun rogers, justin smith, alan faneca, the list goes on, we need help on defens and offense so why cant we break the bank to get it

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Re: some one please tell me whats goin on

well we could. but we didint. I really Can't tell you why. But either way things will work out. so sit back relax and wait this out. Jacob Bell Is scheduled for a visit on Monday.. Just Sayin.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    how do we pass on cris jenkins, marcus stroud, shaun rogers, justin smith, alan faneca, the list goes on, we need help on defens and offense so why cant we break the bank to get it
    You need to read AV's post on what we will do with our cap

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

yahoo sports is reporting that the dolphins and Jason Taylor will most likely part ways by the draft and he is better than the whole lot of names there.

Let's cross our fingers

PHAT-MONEY Guest

but he is old. how much will he contribute? I can see him going to a divison rival. Maybe The Patriots? Old players always seems to go there to win a ring in there final years. Or he could go to The Jets Or Browns. I would pass on him this time aroung though. we could use the money to help our team in other ways.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

cris jenkins
    Injury problems and inconsistent. The Jets had to give up a third and fifth round pick to acquire Jenkins, and then had to sign him to a five-year, $35 million contract with $20 million guaranteed. Huge numbers for a guy who is probably on the decline as a pro, and the Rams apparently were not as interested last year as some made it seem.

marcus stroud
    Stroud was also acquired for a third and fifth round pick, and is scheduled to make $5 million in salary in '08. He'll turn 30 in June, hasn't been quite the same since a 2006 ankle injury, and was suspended four games this season for violating the NFL substance abuse policy. Not much upside here for a team trying to get younger and healthier with more character in the locker room.

shaun rogers
    Traded to Cleveland in exchange for a player and a third round pick, apparently more valued to the Lions than Cincy's deal of a third and fifth round pick. Rogers has been widely criticized for questionable effort and conditioning, and has had his ups and downs as a pro. The Lions were also supposedly trying to trade him out of the NFC, so even if the Rams wanted him, they had that obstacle to go through.

justin smith
    I'll make this one short - there's no way Justin Smith is worth a $45 million contract with $20 million in guarantees. The ***** overpaid for a good but not great base defensive end whom they're going to try standing up as a linebacker it seems.

alan faneca
    Rams were interested and were making a big push; reportedly the interest was not entirely reciprocated. The Jets made Faneca the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL. Awful lot of money to go towards a guy who turns 32 in December.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

we need to build from the bottom up. those guys are up there in age. thats why we passed. its probably why we didnt fight for bruce's contract back.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If the Rams aren't willing to spend more than $8 million per year on a 31 year old guard, they obviously don't care about winning.

And no, I wasn't able to write that without laughing. I remember around 1997 the Rams were going after a DE who ended up in San Francisco. People declared that the Rams needed to over pay to attract players. Imagine the stupidity of that statement. Then when the guy did absolutely nothing for two seasons and was cut, well that didn't seem to matter.