RamWraith is offline Registered User

Some painful things have to be addressed this off season

1) Clements has to be top priority. Brown moved to nickel

2) Brown moved off the line. His attitude sucks and he doesn't give a rip. There are a ton of free agent tackles this off season

3) My kingdom for some interior defensive line-man. The only thing we can hope for is that the Titans can't afford a couple of theirs.

4) Chillar is got to go. And Spoon needs to go back to the outside. But alas I have no answers for the middle. It is slim pickings in the free agent market

5) Draft a defensive end in the first round

6) Deon Grant is calling my name. At least the guy can hit

7) Not signing Bulger in the off-season would be a crime

8) Haslett must go. We have all seen enough and he was given a ton to turn this around.

9) I love Bruce...but

10) Curtis has got to get signed.

11) Time for Timmerman to take a back-up role.

12) ONE HUGE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Some painful things have to be adressed this off season

i would prefer signing Charles Grant, we cant afford to draft more DLs

London Fletcher-Baker is available in the offseason i think, he can definitely play MLB, but i think we should draft one too.

Clements might get franchised again, although i think he has a clause which says he cant. Either way, its going to be tough convincing him to come to STL.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

2) Brown moved off the line. His attitude sucks and he doesn't give a rip. There are a ton of free agent tackles this off season
    Help me out, Wraith. Who is Brown?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i assume he means Barron

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i assume he means Barron
    If you look up Barron in the dictionary here's what you'll find:

FALSE START!!!

AN NFL TERM USED FOR A PERSON THAT CAN'T STAND STILL.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

1) Clements would be nice, but only if we still have the budget to address our other needs, too. Clements isn't going to help the run D at all.

2) There might be tackles available, but the reality of the NFL is that when a guy's getting paid first round money there's pressure to play him. I think Barron will be starting at RT again next year, and we can only hope the coaches do something to get him under control. I mean I understand how a DE gets caught offsides trying to jump the snap count, but the LT knows when to expect the snap.

3) Definitely got to look for a solution at DT.

5) There are enough really good defensive ends coming up for free agency, that I'd be partial to trying to sign one. But even then it wouldn't hurt to draft another. Who did we even have out there after Little got injured yesterday? A street free agent? Our depth at the position is pretty much nonexistent.

7) Couldn't agree more.

8) I don't think firing Haslett would improve the defense. What we gave him was a bottom of the league rushing defense and a depth chart nearly devoid of pass rushers. We made a lot of moves in free agency last year, but still...Rome wasn't built in a day.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

8) I don't think firing Haslett would improve the defense. What we gave him was a bottom of the league rushing defense and a depth chart nearly devoid of pass rushers. We made a lot of moves in free agency last year, but still...Rome wasn't built in a day.

I agree . . . on the other hand, the 2000 Ram defense was AWFUL, and Lovie Smith pretty much turned it around in one season, when we returned to the Super Bowl.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Haslett needs to stay. We all thought a lot of these free-agents were going to be great (Glover, Brown), and they're alright...I guess. But we wouldn't have them at all if it weren't for Haslett. He must've done something right. We all know Glover back in his day was good, I still have faith in Brown, believe it or not, and with a few good drafts the next few years, this D could get rolling. Its just the crappy drafts that bring us to no where. When we had a bad Defense a few years ago, it stayed there, because each and every draft we'd have, we'd have busts everytime. The FO needs to sign Bulger to a 7-year extension or something. At least 5+ years for him. He NEEDS to stay with us!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

1) Not sure Clements is a need here. The Rams do need to bring in someone to compete at corner, but Clements will command a huge contract and I think we need to spend our money elsewhere. Besides, you could have an all-pro backfield and, without a pass rush of any kind, they're going to be exposed. That's not to say improvements don't need to be made in the secondary, but I don't think that's the place we should go overboard.

2) Barron... eh. I want to give him one more year to get his head on straight, but I'd also like to see the Rams bring in a veteran who is going to push him for that job if he remains lazy and uninterested.

5) I'd actually prefer to sign Charles Grant or Justin Smith in the offseason. Currently we're picking #8 in the draft. That means we likely miss out on the best DE prospect (Gaines Adams), and I think it's too high to take the next best (Quentin Moses).

8) I disagree. Give him one more year to get some more pieces for his scheme. Then if we haven't seen any improvements, ship him out. Though there is a rumor floating around that Alabama is courting him for their head coaching job...
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Sorry Barron....Brown on the mind when posting, you know what the color that stands for ;-)

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Sorry Barron....Brown on the mind when posting, you know what the color that stands for ;-)
    that brown colored weed only rich folks could afford?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Some painful things have to be addressed this off season

If you look up Barron in the dictionary here's what you'll find:

FALSE START!!!
    -- LARAM0
    Good one! LOL. Actually, not funny but humorous.

I would want to keep Coach Haslett for next year. And as Nick mentioned, let's see if the Barron can get his act together by next season as well.

On the other hand, Wraith, I realize desperate times call for desperate measures but regarding No. 9 ... no, I would not want to see Bruce leave for 07.

10. Yes, sign Curtis!