Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Some positive things to take away from todays loss

faulkyou is offline Registered User

Some positive things to take away from todays loss

Um, a, er, hmm.

Yeah.... I got nothing.

Wait......I got one.

Their creative ways of self destructing impress me more with every week.

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Re: Some positive things to take away from todays loss

Ok guys I know that it's frustrating but if you think about the silver lining. This is the Green Bay Packers ranked #1 in the league. But also if you look at the stats we had more total yards/ rushing/ist downs/total plays/ even time of possession. We even held them scoreless in the 2nd half. Big plays and stupid penalties at the wrong time killed us. if we score tds on those ist two drives of the second half we are looking at 24 to 17 going into that last drive. I still have hope for the future.
    Last edited by rayzorram; -10-16-2011 at 04:23 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

lot of if's there, I can't help but think the Pack could have put it in gear anytime and put this game away if they had wanted to, they are very good, but you are right the stupid penaties continue to hurt,but a little confidence can come from this which will lead to improvement next week or so I hope

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Jackson looked great, Bradford did a much better job of getting the ball out quickly, Pettis shook off the punt return jitters, Salas had a career day, DX made some nice catches, McDaniels cleaned up the playcalling, Spags took some chances, the OL did a better job executing and the defense settled down nicely in the second half.

Still a lot to work on, but I too have hope.
    MauiRam, cfh128 and hawaiianpunch like this.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

The pack took their foot off the accelerator or else they would have put up at least 40.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorram View Post
    Ok guys I know that it's frustrating but if you think about the silver lining. This is the Green Bay Packers ranked #1 in the league. But also if you look at the stats we had more total yards/ rushing/ist downs/total plays/ even time of possession. We even held them scoreless in the 2nd half. Big plays and stupid penalties at the wrong time killed us. if we score tds on those ist two drives of the second half we are looking at 24 to 17 going into that last drive. I still have hope for the future.
    you must have those new 3D glasses that see what we cant see. We need a real coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    you must have those new 3D glasses that see what we cant see. We need a real coach.
    which truth are you not seeing the stats or the stupid penalties?

which truth are you not seeing the stats or the stupid penalties?
    Are you kidding me? Whats our win/loss stats????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Stupid penalties are coaching or lack of talent. Wetch is it?

JFMose is offline Registered User

I think the Josh Brown missed FG just set the tone for the rest of the day. Kendricks is going to be great, we had a little preview of some potential. Still young and stupid though. Nice to see Jackson up and running again. But still, our defense is a joke. I can't say anything positive about the D

SavageRam is offline Registered User

There's only one stat that matters, the one on the scoreboard.

I agree with the others, if the Packers felt the least bit threatened in the second half, they would have turned the engine back on.

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Are you kidding me? Whats our win/loss stats????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Stupid penalties are coaching or lack of talent. Wetch is it?
    Hey brother the title of the thread is positive things to take away from this game. I think my pointing out todays stats is a positive. As far as the penaltys go , false starts is for a lack of discipline not talent. I'll admit that it was a big if in regards to saying if we score on those two drives a TD we are in the game but remember we were in position to do it. And yes Green Bay didn't score in the second half. They probably could have at least scored a field goal at the end but with class they chose to take a knee. No one including myself is naive enough to think that we don't need improvement on both talent and coaching. We will have to wait and see how this game carries over to next week. Unfortunately with Saffold hurt it will definitely hurt pass and run protection for whoever replaces him if he is that injured. I'm as frustrated as you are but you've been a Ram fan long enough to keep looking for the silver lining! GO RAMMIES

Hey brother the title of the thread is positive things to take away from this game. I think my pointing out todays stats is a positive. As far as the penaltys go , false starts is for a lack of discipline not talent. I'll admit that it was a big if in regards to saying if we score on those two drives a TD we are in the game but remember we were in position to do it. And yes Green Bay didn't score in the second half. They probably could have at least scored a field goal at the end but with class they chose to take a knee. No one including myself is naive enough to think that we don't need improvement on both talent and coaching. We will have to wait and see how this game carries over to next week. Unfortunately with Saffold hurt it will definitely hurt pass and run protection for whoever replaces him if he is that injured. I'm as frustrated as you are but you've been a Ram fan long enough to keep looking for the silver lining! GO RAMMIES
    Well i positively disagree with you! We need change, and you dont get it by being positive. The Lions are good for one reason and one reason only, they got reed of mat milon. If the lion fans were still positve about there team with mat, they would still suck.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Bradford looked pretty good at times. He threw a number of ill-advised passes that were almost picked, but they weren't, so he got away with them. I could see some potential for this offense to score. Seems like the offensive game plan/scheme was a little better this week. A little more opened up.

It's obvious you just react and don't read that I said we do need improvement but here's a post from a moderator with over 7900 posts and a rep power of 100 answering one of your posts.From r8rh8rmike: It doesn't take talent to go on the snap. If anything, it's a lack of discipline by Saffold and Smith, with a lack of accountability by the coaching staff. I'm thinking a Marine Corps Drill Sgt needs to be brought in for practices. You make a good point about the Lions getting rid of Matt M. and I can respect your right to want the coaching staff fired so how about we move on and look forward to the future ,what other choice do you have?
    live4ramin and hawaiianpunch like this.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

getting really tired of the "positive things", we need some W's
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast