Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By r8rh8rmike

Thread: Some Quick Thoughts On The Game

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Some Quick Thoughts On The Game

First of all, the entire game was FUN to watch. I'd forgotten what that experience was like.

The Chris Long TD after the Quinn strip sack was a thrilling way to start things off, but I was holding my breath because I was sure Quinn lined up in the neutral zone.

Obviously Tavon Austin had his breakout game. He was simply electric. Imagine what his season would look like with those yards and TD's called back by penalties. When the officials huddled after his 98 yard punt return, I was again holding my breath and thought they were going to say he called a fair catch. Luckily, they got it right.

The Special Teams today played lights out.

Clemens had a good game, although he didn't sense the pressure very well on the sacks.

How can Robert Quinn not make the Pro Bowl? He is an unstoppable force.

How did the officials initially miss BOTH the helmet coming off AND the runner stepping out of bounds on the early 4th quarter Colts TD that was nullified?

Zac Stacy didn't have his usual dynamic performance, but what about Cunningham with 72 yards?

Trumaine Johnson's interception in the end zone was spectacular, and he had a great overall game.

Pettis was nowhere to be found today, but if the tradeoff is Austin lighting it up.........

I'm REALLY looking forward to the highlight shows today.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -11-10-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    RealRam, MFranke and Tampa_Ram like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Some Quick Thoughts On The Game

Agree 100% with all of this. Just an amazing game to watch, especially with TA's coming out party!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Who would've figured. The NFL remains crazy and unpredictable and the Rams are no exception. It's nice to see us be on the giving end of a blowout after two heartbreakers in a row.

Austin's big game was long overdue, and today illustrated what his capabilities are if we can get him the football.

Quinn has had an excellent season, and it's nice that Chris Long got into the act with a big play to start things off. The defense overall has shown improvement, especially the defensive line.

Good to see us have an actual running game the last several weeks after 4-5 weeks of complete futility.

Will indeed be nice to watch the highlight shows as well as watch late afternoon games without being ticked off the Rams lost.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Agree 100% with all of this. Just an amazing game to watch, especially with TA's coming out party!!
    Austin's big game was long overdue, and today illustrated what his capabilities are if we can get him the football.

Quinn has had an excellent season, and it's nice that Chris Long got into the act with a big play to start things off. The defense overall has shown improvement, especially the defensive line.

Good to see us have an actual running game the last several weeks after 4-5 weeks of complete futility.

Will indeed be nice to watch the highlight shows as well as watch late afternoon games without being ticked off the Rams lost. -- NJ Ramsfan1

Aaaaabsolutely!!!