Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,051
    Rep Power
    172

    Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Rams fans have received a great deal of news in recent weeks that should make them hopeful.

    Zygmunt is gone. Shaw has been put out to pasture. A "football guy" is making decisions for the team. Spagnuolo is the Head Coach.

    And yet, I check in this morning and the board is full of worries and negativity.

    Oh no! Shaw overruled Devaney on Garrett!!!! (no proof of this, but hey, why not take PFT as gospel despite their dubious track record?)

    Eeek! Spagnuolo has an out clause!!!!! (never mind that clauses such a this are not unusual and there is no evidence that the Rams are actually for sale or that Spags would exercise the clause if there were a sale)

    Aaaah!!! A Denver Broncos fan thinks we made a bad hire!!! (Really? We should be worried about that?)

    I think some fans are not happy unless they are worried and/or complaining. Its quite sad. I think fans like that need to take a deep breath and reconsider whether following sports is really for them. I mean, is it really worth it to engage in a hobby that never really makes you happy?

    Maybe needlepoint would be a better option for some Rams fans.


  2. #2
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Aaaah!!! A Denver Broncos fan thinks we made a bad hire!!! (Really? We should be worried about that?)
    They're just jealous we got Spags, and they got someone from the patsies by the name of Josh McDaniels.

  3. #3
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Absolutely great post AV. Certain to stir up alot of controversy, which I like!

    Fact is, alot of fans will never be happy. Does it really matter what happened behind the scenes? It's behind the scenes because we aren't supposed to know about it. Same thing with the locker room. If there wanted us to know what happens in there, there would be cameras there ...

    We finally have football people running the show, and a real coach, but for some it's not enough ...

    If we improve to 8 wins this season, they'll complain because we didn't make the playoffs ...

    If we make the playoffs, they complain because we didn't get to the Super Bowl ...

    The same fans that don't show up to the EJD will be complaining when the team leaves for L.A. ....

    I think some fans truly are Super Bowl or bust. The true diehards will love their Rams no matter what. Gotta love the posts where some claim they'll quit being fans based on a coaching decision. Good for them!

    For fans that are around the message boards and have learned how the NFL works over the years, you would think they would quit believing all the nonsense rumors that get spread throughout the media. I have a very small select group that I trust information from, and I can assure you it isn't any of the yahoos that were reporting who our coach was going to be over the past week ...

    Fact is, most of them don't know anything other than us. The insiders give them just enough information to make a story and that is all. The reason they do this is because they want the team in the media regardless of the info ...

    At this point, are articles from PFT or RotoWorld even worth posting? They are hardly ever right. I remember a time when posts containing rumors without a real source were deleted.
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -01-19-2009 at 12:43 PM.

  4. #4
    ScottD413 Guest

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    I'm not upset or complaining about it, but the Rams ARE for sale. Every media outlet in the country has reported this.

  5. #5
    bigredman Guest

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Rams fans have received a great deal of news in recent weeks that should make them hopeful.

    Zygmunt is gone. Shaw has been put out to pasture. A "football guy" is making decisions for the team. Spagnuolo is the Head Coach.

    And yet, I check in this morning and the board is full of worries and negativity.
    Gee AV. I look at the board and I see just as much optimism as cynicism. Shaw hasn't been put "out to pasture" and currently remains very much active regarding providing input toward decisions made by this team. That's a fact.

    Oh no! Shaw overruled Devaney on Garrett!!!! (no proof of this, but hey, why not take PFT as gospel despite their dubious track record?)
    This was reported by ESPN. Now, isn't it a fact that Garrett was brought in for another interview at the end of this week? If Spags was Devaney's man all along, why would he do that? Maybe your own prejudice to want to believe all things Devaney is our savior flavors your opinion as well?

    Eeek! Spagnuolo has an out clause!!!!! (never mind that clauses such a this are not unusual and there is no evidence that the Rams are actually for sale or that Spags would exercise the clause if there were a sale)
    You're wrong. The out clause in case the team gets sold is a very unique one. That's why there was such a stir when it was reported regarding Parcells, and mentioned regarding Spags as well. Up until now, I have only heard of such a clause in player's contracts, mostly in other sports. Until this confusion is cleared up, its certainly reasonable to react to it and offer opinion.

    I think some fans are not happy unless they are worried and/or complaining. Its quite sad. I think fans like that need to take a deep breath and reconsider whether following sports is really for them. I mean, is it really worth it to engage in a hobby that never really makes you happy?

    Maybe needlepoint would be a better option for some Rams fans.
    Come on. What harm is it? Why do you want to run them off?

  6. #6
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,585
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Hmm, hey ... I'M happy! VERY happy about recent developments within the Rams organization.

    I know that saying "full of worries and negativity" is a manner of speech but since this weekend I've seen several posts, make that 'quite a number of posts', that are either thankful, positive and/or hopeful about the way some things are working out for the Rams so far.

    Are you just trying to stir up a thread, AV?

  7. #7
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,051
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    I'm not upset or complaining about it, but the Rams ARE for sale. Every media outlet in the country has reported this.
    No, they have not. But keep posting it, and maybe people will believe you.

  8. #8
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,051
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Gee AV. I look at the board and I see just as much optimism as cynicism. Shaw hasn't been put "out to pasture" and currently remains very much active regarding providing input toward decisions made by this team. That's a fact.
    He had input on the HC hiring. How much is a matter of speculation. But, in the end, we hired a good candidate.

    This was reported by ESPN. Now, isn't it a fact that Garrett was brought in for another interview at the end of this week? If Spags was Devaney's man all along, why would he do that? Maybe your own prejudice to want to believe all things Devaney is our savior flavors your opinion as well?
    You can speculate all you want as to which Garrett was brought in. I can think of many plausible explanations. (1) They thought Garrett might be fired in Dallas and wanted to see if he'd be interested in the OC job. (2) They were worried Spags might be hired by the Chiefs. (3) Maybe Shaw wanted Garrett and Devaney overruled him. (4) They were negotiating with Spags, but wanted to keep Garrett there as a bargaining chip.

    You're wrong. The out clause in case the team gets sold is a very unique one. That's why there was such a stir when it was reported regarding Parcells, and mentioned regarding Spags as well. Up until now, I have only heard of such a clause in player's contracts, mostly in other sports. Until this confusion is cleared up, its certainly reasonable to react to it and offer opinion.
    Opinions are fine, but why do you assume the worst?

  9. #9
    moloch41 Guest

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    I blame reality TV for this.

  10. #10
    bigredman Guest

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Opinions are fine, but why do you assume the worst?
    I don't know. I've been meaning to talk to you about that. I mean, I have this pain that I'm sure is cancer. My wife is on the phone with someone all the time. She says its a friend or her mother, but I know its because she's planning to leave me. Everybody is losing their job, and I just know I'm next, and if there's a meteor headed for earth, I'm sure it's going to land on me. What do you think it could be?

  11. #11
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,051
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Just think of all the positive Karma you're building up for the future!

  12. #12
    ScottD413 Guest

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    No, they have not. But keep posting it, and maybe people will believe you.
    I get nothing but grief and negative remarks from you lately AV. What is your problem man?

    Just because you say something doesn't make it true. My opinions are just as valid as yours.

    As far as the Rams being for sale, I have not posted anything about it until this thread and I get a "keep posting it and people will believe you" remark. Look AV, I have read/heard that the Rams are for sale on ESPN, FOX, CBS, SI, and many, many papers and websites. If you want to keep your head in the sand about it that's fine, but don't rip into me for not taking your word as gospel.

  13. #13
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    But but but, Kurt Warner is in the Super Bowl! Wahh!!

    Seriously, Spags was not the guy I backed, but I can easily see why to choose him over Frazier and Ryan. Ryan runs a 3-4 ad that would take time to switch to. Frazier has less overall experience(more years as coordinator) and not quite as good results. But most importantly, Spags does have the fact that he and Devaney have worked together and know each other.

    Haslett had a bit of an inside track because he knew the players and could talk with Devaney about what changes to make. Spags has that as well, and will be able to know what we have through Devaney and Devaney will better be able to look for the talent Spags wants because he knows him. I like Spagnuolo's defensive schemes and I like that he has a SS that probably won't be resigned and can come play for us. It makes me happy. I'm happy Av!

  14. #14
    bigredman Guest

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    I'm already on record....

  15. #15
    supachump is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    san fran
    Age
    45
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    And yet, I check in this morning and the board is full of worries and negativity.
    I agree. A bunch of crybabies and worry warts around here that will never be happy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Trivia - Share What You Know
    By AlphaRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: -11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
  2. Jim Thomas Chat --March 25
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -03-25-2008, 06:58 PM
  3. Gordo Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -03-17-2008, 07:59 PM
  4. Jim Thomas Live Tuesday, January 15
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
  5. Postgame With Gordo: November 25
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-26-2007, 10:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •