Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Some Rams Fans Just Can't, Or Don't Want To, Be Happy

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If you want to believe that words have no meaning, then I guess you can equate "not actively seeking to sell" (absent a "can't refuse" offer) with "the team is for sale." To me, those are pretty clear statements expressing that Chip Rosenbloom is NOT trying to sell the team right now.

To me, this is a monumental non-story, conjured up by fans with nothing better to do.
    If he received an offer he couldn't refuse he'd have to consider it???? so what ...

Doesn't mean he'd take it ...

Hell, some of people might consider selling their husbands or wives if they received an offer they couldn't refuse. Doesn't mean they would ...

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

You guys are totally right, EVERY team out there can certainly be bought out with the right amount of cash..its just this team in particular is that much more in the market than anybody else

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I enjoy the complaining about the complaining. Perhaps I should complain about the complaining regarding the complaining. If I did, someone would complain about my complaining about the complaining regarding the complaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Maybe needlepoint would be a better option for some Rams fans.
    A Rosie Grier reference? >8)

Name:  Grier.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  7.1 KB
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

2. CA fans will always be pissed that the Rams moved
    Because a she devil took our team away?; Never, no animosity here.

I' very please with the way things are turning around in the FO, and the hiring of Spagnuolo. He's seems like the right remedy to fix what is ailing this team; ATTITUDE!

Hopefully Spag's hard nosed style will rub off on the team.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Tony Banks is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Because a she devil took our team away?; Never, no animosity here.

I' very please with the way things are turning around in the FO, and the hiring of Spagnuolo. He's seems like the right remedy to fix what is ailing this team; ATTITUDE!

Hopefully Spag's hard nosed style will rub off on the team.
    I love the She-Devil quote. It reminds me of the the movie of the same name with Rosanne Barr, Meryl Streep, and Ed Bagley Jr. Total crap, but I digress.

I agree with the attitude comment. I also agree that things are moving in the right direction.
    :1:

dewalt_ram is offline Registered User

My car is not for sale either but if some idiot walked up and offered me a insane amount of $$$$$$ for it i would take it, as a fool and his $$ are easily parted. So to say they aren't is being naive, just as alot of the posts i see are not as negative as they are REALISTIC fans with valid concerns or questions and not in the giddy frame of mind the MESSIAH has come to save our beloved team and rescue us from the pain of the last 7 years its called REALISM more americans need to aquire some, rather than living in there fantasy world. I also have optimism moving forward, for 1 it cant be any worse, 2 some pretty sound decisions seem to have been made as of lately, but i still remain Realistic in how fast or if a complete turn around can happen in 1-3 years. Alot of the concerns are realistic ones & valid ones that we wont know the answer to for 1 week to many years & the point of a message board is to discuss them REALISTIC concerns with each other to gather OPINIONS.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I enjoy the complaining about the complaining. Perhaps I should complain about the complaining regarding the complaining. If I did, someone would complain about my complaining about the complaining regarding the complaining.
    Alpha you dog, you beat me to it!

AV, way to stir things up! No better way to get people posting about nothing than complain about complaining! Excellent move!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    A Rosie Grier reference? >8)

Name:  Grier.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  7.1 KB
    Rep to you for being the first one to get that reference! Of course, if Rosie were posting here, he'd probably point out that its alright to cry.

RAMPAGE! is offline Registered User

DONT WORRY BE HAPPY MMMMM M M M MMMMM

Riddle me this why is all the big meets out in LA???

Word on KFI am radio is that the city of commerce has passed the vote that will secure funds for the infastructure for the new stadium and this was pushed along by some local billionaire. Apparently it has been reported that he and chip have a good standing relationship and have had some closed door meetings.

One can only wonder???

We all know after Georgia passing Chip and Co cant afford to keep the team due to the death taxes and so forth

Not to mention Chip would look like a Knight in shining armor out in LA were he resides hmmmm...

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Alpha you dog, you beat me to it!

AV, way to stir things up! No better way to get people posting about nothing than complain about complaining! Excellent move!
    Do you feel like you are on an episode of Seinfeld?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMPAGE! View Post
    DONT WORRY BE HAPPY MMMMM M M M MMMMM

Riddle me this why is all the big meets out in LA???

Word on KFI am radio is that the city of commerce has passed the vote that will secure funds for the infastructure for the new stadium and this was pushed along by some local billionaire. Apparently it has been reported that he and chip have a good standing relationship and have had some closed door meetings.

One can only wonder???

We all know after Georgia passing Chip and Co cant afford to keep the team due to the death taxes and so forth

Not to mention Chip would look like a Knight in shining armor out in LA were he resides hmmmm...
    Not to throw fuel on a fire, but....

INDUSTRY, Calif. -- "Voters approved a bond measure Tuesday that would provide $150 million for infrastructure improvements at a 600-acre site near Los Angeles where a stadium has been proposed to lure an NFL team.
    Voters in Industry, a tiny town about 15 miles east of Los Angeles, passed the measure 60-1, though city officials have yet to certify the plan.
    The results support a proposal by billionaire developer Ed Roski's Majestic Real Estate Co. to build an $800 million stadium if an NFL team agrees to move there.
    Industry is hosting the latest in a long string of plans to bring an NFL team back to Los Angeles after the Rams and Raiders exited the nation's second-biggest market.
    Majestic, which helped develop Staples Center -- home of the NBA's Lakers and Clippers and the NHL's Kings in downtown Los Angeles -- is convinced a disgruntled football team would jump at the chance to play in a new stadium.
    NFL officials have said the league is monitoring potential stadium developments in the Los Angeles area but have declined to comment on specific sites or teams that might move to the region.
    Majestic agreed with NFL officials not to make any formal overtures to team owners until Industry officials certified the plan, which they could do on Thursday at a City Council meeting."

Sounds like the Los Angeles Rams of St. Louis could be coming home.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

So the topic of this post is that some fans can't, or don't want to be happy?

Let's see:

Happy fan:
    Team is competitive and makes a run for the playoffs consistently. Exiting players and fun to watch.

Unhappy Rams fan:
    Team goes 2-14 (again), fires coach mid-year, team is underperforming and has mediocre talent. Half of the good talent on the team is past their prime. Meanwhile, teams only MVP QB ever takes division rival to SB while his replacement takes downhill slide to mediocrity.

If upper management and coaching changes are what makes you happy, then knock yourself out.

We are back to the bottom as a franchise, and yes the only way to go is up, and yes it appears we may not have botched the coaching selection (time will tell)...but this ain't fun where I come from.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Do you feel like you are on an episode of Seinfeld?

Yes and the off season (at least for the other 29 teams like the Rams) posting has been almost "Springer" like...

It is going to be a loooooong summer!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123