RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Some Steven Jackson info. I was board

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/steven_jackson

OVERVIEW

Like most franchise backs, Jackson seems to thrive when allowed to carry the bulk of the offensive load The two-time All-American posted fantastic numbers in 2003 His career at OSU ended after three seasons, becoming the first Beaver player in history with eligibility remaining to enter the NFL Draft In 36 games, he carried 743 times for 3,625 yards (4.9 avg.) and 39 touchdowns while adding 680 yards and six scores on 66 catches (10.3 avg.) and 240 yards with a touchdown on seven kickoff returns (34.3 avg.) His 4,545 all-purpose yards rank second in school history behind Ken Simonton (5,606, 1998-2001) Also ranks second to Simonton (366) on the school's all-time scoring list with 276 points His 3,625 yards rushing rank 10th in Pac-10 Conference annals Ran for over 100 yards in 19 contests.

ANALYSIS
    Positives: Has an athletic, highly chiseled body with good overall upper and lower body muscle development Shows an explosive burst off the snap to get up the holes and has the speed to accelerate to the second level and break away for a long run Displays above average balance as a runner, showing the change of direction agility to make the first tackler miss His outside speed and body control allows him to turn it up when racing around the corner Will slam it hard up the gut on inside runs, keeping his pad level low and shoulders squared while securely protecting the ball Despite his size, his hip swerve and quick twitch moves gets him through even the smallest of seams Very effective receiver on swings and screens, showing natural hands and body control to make adjustments on the ball Maintains concentration and has good upper body flexibility going for the pass at its high point (won't flinch when getting hit) Willing blocker who will face up to the defender, displaying a good leg base and anchor Keeps his shoulders square through the holes and has the elusive burst to move through the piles Not afraid to take on tacklers, displaying a strong stiff-arm that can rock the opponent back (one of the best stiff-arm techniques in college).

Negatives: Has great initial speed, but can be brought down when defenses initiate contact in the backfield (needs room to gain acceleration) Good short area blocker, but does not always see the blitz develop and is not quick to locate linebackers when asked to block at the second level (needs better technique work to sustain) Patient and uses his blockers well, but despite his leg strength, he does go down a bit too much when trying to squeeze through the pile (looks frustrated working in close quarters, preferring to gain room to be more effective).

AGILITY TESTS
    4.3 in the 40-yard dash (indoors) 4.45 in the 40-yard dash (outdoors) 10.6 100-meters 355-pound bench press 520-pound back squat 314-pound power clean 298-pound push press 38-inch vertical jump.

HIGH SCHOOL
    Attended Eldorado (Las Vegas, Nev.) High, playing for coach Ken Trujillo Selected as a first-team prep All-American and the No. 1 prep player in Nevada by SuperPrep following his senior year Ranked as the 14th best running back in the nation by SuperPrep Selected to the Las Vegas Sun Super 11 second team, signifying Jackson as one of the top 22 players in the Western United States ESPN recruiting authority Tom Lemming ranked Jackson as the 62nd best player in the nation on his list of top 100 players Lemming also ranked Jackson as the 14th best running back in the nation All-American pick and the 15th best running back on the West Coast by PrepStar Led the state in rushing as a senior in 2000 with 2,764 yards and 34 touchdowns on 386 carries (7.2 avg.) and caught 14 passes for 263 yards (18.8 avg.) and three touchdowns, giving him 226 points on the season His 226 points also was the top mark in the state for 2000 Scored a total of 350 points in his final two years at Eldorado As a junior, he rushed for 1,212 yards and scored 17 touchdowns to lead the Devils to a 10-3 record, Northeast Division title, the Sunrise Region championship and an appearance in the 4A State Tournament Named the Player of the Year in the state of Nevada and Southern Nevada's co-Offensive Player of the Year First-team all-conference (Sunrise Region) pick as a senior as well as first-team all-state Rushed for over 200 yards in six games as a senior, and had over 300 yards twice, including games of 322 yards and three touchdowns and 315 yards and five touchdowns (was held under 100 yards just once in 13 games) Finished with 3,976 yards and 51 rushing touchdowns in his career, both marks were school records Three-year starter in football, a two-year starter in basketball (guard) and was a four-year letterman in track as a sprinter Posted a 10.6 best at 100 meters as a junior Following his graduation from Eldorado High, his football jersey number (34) was retired by the school Was on the honor roll and also a member of the National Honor Society.

PERSONAL
    Housing Studies major, enrolled in the College of Health & Human Services Cousin, Steve Price IV, plays football for Southern Utah Son of Steve and Brenda Jackson Born Steven Rashad Jackson on July 22, 1983, in Las Vegas, Nevada.

-------------------------
    From Sports Illustrated: 2004 NFL Draft Prospects
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/30735.html

BIO:
    Two-year starter awarded multiple All-American and all-conference honors during both campaigns. Finished his junior season with 350/1,545/19 rushing, also catching 44/470/3. Sophomore totals were 319/1,690/15 on the ground and 17/165/1 as a pass-catcher. Has averaged 4.9 yards-per-carry on 743 rushing attempts the past three seasons.

POSITIVES: Big, powerful ball handler with a variety of skills and abilities. Displays excellent vision and running instincts; patient, waits for blocks to develop then follows them at the line or down the field. Will pick and choose his spots, displays good footwork in a small area and weaves his way through the traffic, finding the open spots on the field. Sets up defenders, makes them miss and displays a good burst of speed. Runs with balance, adjusts off the initial hit and effective between tackles or cutting the corner on the outside. Punishing runner that moves the pile and wastes defenders as he plows over them. Looks like a runaway locomotive in the open field and does not go down without a fight. A legitimate receiving threat who runs well after the reception. Effective blocking for the passing game.

NEGATIVES: Cannot run to daylight and lacks the great acceleration in the open field. Would not be considered an elusive or explosive back.

ANALYSIS: An all-around running back that can be a workhorse carrying the ball, Jackson has all the skills to be a top ball handler at the next level. Has proven durability as well as productivity the past two seasons and combines power, speed and football intelligence. Terrific prospect for the next level.

PROJECTION: Early First Round

------------------------
    about.com
    http://football.about.com/cs/playerp...venjackson.htm

Position: Running Back
    School: Oregon State
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 233
    40-Yard Dash: 4.45

Positives: Steven Jackson has good size (6-2, 230 pounds) yet is still elusiveness enough to make defenders miss. He has mid 4.4 speed in the 40 with a quick first step and a good burst through the hole. He has good balance and power, runs low to the ground, and isn't afraid to take on would-be tacklers. Picks up a lot of yards after initial contact.

He catches the ball effectively out of the backfield. Uses the stiff arm very well and is a load to bring down once he gets through the line. Should be a workhorse back on the next level.

Negatives: Running and catching the ball, Jackson is pretty well rounded, but he needs to work on his blocking skills if he wants to be a complete back at the next level. He also lacks explosive speed.

Projection: In my opinion, Steven Jackson is the best all-around back in the draft and should be selected somewhere in the middle of the first round.

Nothing important but its kind of interesting.

RamsFan16

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: Some Steven Jackson info. I was board

cool sig RF16
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Thanks man! Someone made it for me at another site. I liked it:bling:
    RamsFan16

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Like most franchise backs, Jackson seems to thrive when allowed to carry the bulk of the offensive load …
    I would like to point that out to the new HC Scott Linehan.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Hodgins is offline Registered User

not the type of back who should get a sweep on 3rd and 1 is he

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

Haha Hodgins I have to agree with you there. I kind of got angered when they did that but I kept my cool. My favorite 3rd and short play was quick slants though when holt and bruce run a slant and bulger hits them right away. Good play.
    RamsFan16

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Yeah I'm agreeing with both you guys. By the way, RF16 that sig was nice, what happened to it?

Its still up there man.
    RamsFan16

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Sorry lol... I though it would appear on every post you make. I'll shut up now and go back to bed. It was a long day...

Haha its alright man. THey have it so you can see your signature every post with over 1000 characters or something. But if you pay you can see yours all the time!
    RamsFan16

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Thats really cool were do you go to get that done and will they do just about anything one might have in mind ???