throwback week

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Some things on my mind.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Some things on my mind.

Some of the injuries that happened last night are absolutely HUGE. Losing Amendola is going to kill us. Who will Sam throw too? People think Salas played well because he caught 1 screen pass and took it for some yardage. I hope he can step up and believe he will eventually, but there is no way he replaces Danny.

I would absolutely love to see us go after T.O. Some people on this forum are the biggest wussies and are so afraid of T.O and his character. He is a solid football player, 10x better than any WR we have, hasn't said a thing in like 3 years, and would improve our team. All those points are towards if he is fully healed and ready to play. People are so afraid of him being a cancer.

Its an absolute embarressment that we can find a GEM like Bradford who comes around almost never and we can't find him 1 consistent target other than Amendola.

The Ron Bartell injury kills us too. He is the reason we are aloud to blitz, or do some of the things we do. Him and Fletch are so good at pressing and playing phyiscal man to man defense.

Jason Smith will be a big loss too. We need to find somebody that can step in because Goldberg sure isn't going to cut it.

Bradford and Jackson need to be taken care of. Losing Jackson will hurt, though I have full trust in Cadillac and believe he will keep this offense going. Bradford needs to start throwing somewhere other than in the middle of the field from a crossing route.

Thats about it.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Some things on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Some of the injuries that happened last night are absolutely HUGE. Losing Amendola is going to kill us. Who will Sam throw too? People think Salas played well because he caught 1 screen pass and took it for some yardage. I hope he can step up and believe he will eventually, but there is no way he replaces Danny.

I would absolutely love to see us go after T.O. Some people on this forum are the biggest wussies and are so afraid of T.O and his character. He is a solid football player, 10x better than any WR we have, hasn't said a thing in like 3 years, and would improve our team. All those points are towards if he is fully healed and ready to play. People are so afraid of him being a cancer.

Its an absolute embarressment that we can find a GEM like Bradford who comes around almost never and we can't find him 1 consistent target other than Amendola.

The Ron Bartell injury kills us too. He is the reason we are aloud to blitz, or do some of the things we do. Him and Fletch are so good at pressing and playing phyiscal man to man defense.

Jason Smith will be a big loss too. We need to find somebody that can step in because Goldberg sure isn't going to cut it.

Bradford and Jackson need to be taken care of. Losing Jackson will hurt, though I have full trust in Cadillac and believe he will keep this offense going. Bradford needs to start throwing somewhere other than in the middle of the field from a crossing route.

Thats about it.
    How about T.O. along with Randy Moss? 3 what a couple of bookends that would make for Bradford. All Sam would have to do is drop back and heave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    How about T.O. along with Randy Moss? 3 what a couple of bookends that would make for Bradford. All Sam would have to do is drop back and heave.
    Randy Moss wouldn't come out of retirement for us. But our WR corps is bad just like it was last year. Almost no seperation and when they do get some they drop the ball. At least our run game looks solid.

It is still the first game of the year but it doesn't look to be any different than last year.

Randy Moss wouldn't come out of retirement for us. But our WR corps is bad just like it was last year. Almost no seperation and when they do get some they drop the ball. At least our run game looks solid.

It is still the first game of the year but it doesn't look to be any different than last year.
    When the Rams got up 7-0, they should at least attempted to go deep a few times, but they stayed conservative with the run and with passing the underneth stuff. Sometimes you just have to Go for it! Last year's season ending loss to Seattle, Bradford was regulated to only throwing the underneth stuff, that game had many dropped passes also, producing the same results as yesterday. TO/Moss comes with heavy baggage, Would the Rams want to deal with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boozer71 is offline Registered User

I'd sign either one of them today...no questions asked...It's an absolute disaster when an NFL team thinks their passing game is dead because of an injury to Danny Amendola....I like the guy, but if he's your #1...be ready for a long year...

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I know me and many other fans would heave...
    HUbison and Dwight Frye like this.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

When the Rams got up 7-0, they should at least attempted to go deep a few times, but they stayed conservative with the run and with passing the underneth stuff. Sometimes you just have to Go for it! Last year's season ending loss to Seattle, Bradford was regulated to only throwing the underneth stuff, that game had many dropped passes also, producing the same results as yesterday. TO/Moss comes with heavy baggage, Would the Rams want to deal with that?
    Being at the game yesterday was apparently much different than the TV experience. The Eagles were covering everyone - when they didn't have someone covered, the WR dropped the pass. The refs were also quite generous to Philly - they sure as heck weren't calling many of the penalties commited by the Eagles.

Had Jackson been able to continue, there is no way Philly would have stopped him. They had zero run defense for Jackson - Williams runs a different style, and they were able to slow him down. The fact that Goldberg was in instead of Smith really hurt, too - Sam did not have time to throw the ball because Philly hit the right side hard. Half of the time Sam was having to compensate for the lack of protection, and the other half he was looking for an open reciever. It's kind of hard to throw a ball when no one is there in the half second from the snap to the time the DE nails you to the ground.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Bartell may be done for the season...that's real tough for us to cope with.

Amendola for at least 75% of the season too. And Smith (altho it sounds like it's not a high ankle strain, at least, and just a strain - but still).

These hurt more than the loss. I expected the loss - these could derail us in the longer term. Not sure where or if we can find replacements, but we need to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Being at the game yesterday was apparently much different than the TV experience. The Eagles were covering everyone - when they didn't have someone covered, the WR dropped the pass. The refs were also quite generous to Philly - they sure as heck weren't calling many of the penalties commited by the Eagles.

Had Jackson been able to continue, there is no way Philly would have stopped him. They had zero run defense for Jackson - Williams runs a different style, and they were able to slow him down. The fact that Goldberg was in instead of Smith really hurt, too - Sam did not have time to throw the ball because Philly hit the right side hard. Half of the time Sam was having to compensate for the lack of protection, and the other half he was looking for an open reciever. It's kind of hard to throw a ball when no one is there in the half second from the snap to the time the DE nails you to the ground.
    All the Injuries sure did deal a heavy blow, I think Spags had this team ready to go, thinking they could beat or at least compete with Philly. Out the gate, The ED was electric (Watching on TV), The D was in on every play containing Vick and the Offense was on its way of making Philly roadkill, on their 1st play from srimmage.
    When JAX went out, you could collectively feel the Ed crowd going 'Here we go again'. It was all down hill from there, for the Rams.
    You being at the game, what was the feeling like when Jackson was sidelined?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post

I hate to be a downer but it seems like we have a different excuse every week as to why our offense cant produce. There is no more excuses. Jason Smith didn't make a difference because last night the whole line played horrible in pass protection.

1 week its the lines fault. The next week its Shurmur's fault (last year). Then its the lack of a running game. When will we just finally realize our offense is suffering and we need to get Bradford a real dangerous weapon?

I hate to agree with Boozer but hes right, " It's an absolute disaster when an NFL team thinks their passing game is dead because of an injury to Danny Amendola ". Its time we go out in the draft or FA and grab someone that can catch 100 passes, crack 1,000 yards every year, and scare defenses.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

^^^^Thank you thats what ive been preaching for the longest and you my friend are on the same page as me.Excuse week after week,we all know whats the problem,we need to let these "hard working" receivers and get real wideouts.Sosa39Rams i swear its like you read my mind as i was reading all the threads on here today you sumed my state of mind up perfect lol.

Its time we go out in the draft or FA and grab someone that can catch 100 passes, crack 1,000 yards every year, and scare defenses.
    I thought Mike Sims-Walker would be that guy. He must be still learning the Rams playbook, he was basically a non factor yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

punahou is offline Registered User

I straight out got bashed about me bashing this past draft in re to Salas/Pettis/Kendrick. And yet we still have no WRs..... Kendrick was hyped this pre season, yet disappeared yesterday. The lack of a good receiver still is hurting us like it has the previous years=(

Boozer71 is offline Registered User

I thought Mike Sims-Walker would be that guy
    I didn't....but I did think he'd make a difference....1 catch for 5 yards isn't going to cut it. Let's hope he's just behind in picking up the system and these numbers will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    I straight out got bashed about me bashing this past draft in re to Salas/Pettis/Kendrick. And yet we still have no WRs..... Kendrick was hyped this pre season, yet disappeared yesterday. The lack of a good receiver still is hurting us like it has the previous years=(
    I was bashed for wanting to pick up a young 'Heisman' RB, out of Alabama, in the 1st round of the draft, he would've come handy yesterday!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast