RamWraith is offline Registered User

some things from Randy Karraker

Question for Randy Karraker-
    I know it is WAY too early, but do any of the draft picks have a chance of starting, besides Barron? Will Grant Williams be gone? I assume Nutten and Dishman will not be back?

Randy's response

I think both safeties, O.J. Atogwe and Carter, have a chance to start. Nobody has said yet whether or not Arch will be healthy enough to play. So, while I think Hawthorne will probably start at one safety, it's possible two could start or at least play a lot.

On offense, Barron will be the only one starting. Nutten and Dishman's numbers and lockers have been given out to others, so I'm assuming they'll be gone. Dishman for sure is, and apparently Nutten has retired again. You don't sign/draft that many replacements with the expectation that they would return.

I think because of Incognito's injury, Williams has a chance to make the team. Starters Pace, Tucker, McCollum, Timmerman and Barron, with reserves Tercero, Saipaea, Turner, Terrell and Williams. I don't think they trust anybody but Williams to play LT if Pace goes down (until Barron is comfortably integrated), and Martz really likes him. I bet Incognito is on the PUP and then goes on IR...just a guess there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Martz's Future with the Rams--

If Martz gets the Rams to the NFC title game, he'll gobble up tons of power, and probably get an extension that places him over Zygmunt, Armey and perhaps even Shaw, if those three are there. His only boss would be Georgia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Martz sounded adamant about there being new turf this season from your station's sound (I think) from Rams' Park this weekend. Assume this is a done deal?

They think they'll have a new turf for the regular season. Pre-season games may be on the old stuff.

By the way...one other note from the weekend. Because of traffic and parking in Earth City, they probably will close weekday practices to the public. Weekends will likely be open, and they may move some weekend practices to places with more seating.

general counsel Guest

Re: some things from Randy Karraker

I agree with him on grant williams, i think allford may be the odd man out. Nothwithstanding the foregoing, the idea of grant williams at left tackle is about as comforting as the plague.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I don't know...I think you might have a secret infatuation with Mr. Williams and you really hope he makes the team and proves us all wrong what a dead beat he is

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I agree with him on grant williams, i think allford may be the odd man out. Nothwithstanding the foregoing, the idea of grant williams at left tackle is about as comforting as the plague.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Then again it's always been said Grant Williams is a better LT than RT. He filled in during preseason and did great, but that is the preseason. He also filled in at Seattle the game where Pace got tossed and did great. However this is a small sample size.

He did win a Super Bowl as the starting LT going against the likes of Grant Wistrom.

It's just one of those things that make you go, hmmmm...

RamTime Guest

Karraker just lost credibility in my eyes by making such a ridiculous statement. It tells me he takes shots in the dark without substance. The Statement that Martz may have more power then Shaw is completely laughable. I think any Ram Fan that has been around for a few years knows that this just isn't going to happen.

nuts, RamTime beat me to this.

More power than Shaw ...................... bwahahahahahahahahaa......... the mans a fool I tells ya.

The only one who will have more power than Shaw is the man or woman that SHAW appoints to replace him.

RamTime Guest

The only one who will have more power than Shaw is the man or woman that SHAW appoints to replace him.
    You got that compost correct.