Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Are some of us wrong??

You have to remember. His health isn't reliable right now.

RamsFan16

maineram is offline Registered User

Health as a HC right now probably is an issue. The long hours, starting from scratch with a new team running his offense.
    If he doesn't get a HC'ing gig this year, I could see a team like ....Da Bears hiring him as a consultant. He gave Lovie a shot and endorsed his move to the Bears as thier HC. Let's face it, the Bears offense is, NOT GOOD, right now. Martz pointers with Lovies Defense....
    Come on, Wade Wilson...Think about it !!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I could totally see him as a consultant to the Bears, and could help Grossman and that offense with Mussein Muhammed get to the next level. Especially if they go out and get another decent receiver in the offseason.

rebel13 is offline Registered User

Martz as a head coach reminds me of some other miscast "over their head" buffoons.....Jimmy Carter as President, Mike Vick as a pro bowl qb, Steve Miller as an NFL announcer, etc.
    Come on people, he just led the Rams from championship contender to gutter. And you think he's a head coach candidate? This is not about health, it's about him being an idiot. And a lousy coach. All you lovers of Martz, you got your wish. Martz and his qb. And the results speak for themselves. Make all the excuses you like, you were wrong wrong wrong. [YOU NEED TO LEARN TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINIONS WITHOUT MAKING PERSONAL ATTACKS - ATTACK THE POST, NOT THE POSTER - Av]
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-18-2006 at 03:04 PM.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

He is a Great OC and a Marginal HC. He has the potential but needs some grooming as a HC. He may have to re-prove himself as an OC before he gets another chance for the big job.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    Martz as a head coach reminds me of some other miscast "over their head" buffoons.....Jimmy Carter as President, Mike Vick as a pro bowl qb, Steve Miller as an NFL announcer, etc.
    Come on people, he just led the Rams from championship contender to gutter. And you think he's a head coach candidate? This is not about health, it's about him being an idiot. And a lousy coach. All you lovers of Martz, you got your wish. Martz and his qb. And the results speak for themselves. Make all the excuses you like, you were wrong wrong wrong. This is definitely a reflection of your football IQ. :tongue:
    I'd like you to explain to me exactly how an "over (his) head" buffoon wins over 50 games, gains 4 playoff berths, one SB appearance, sets an NFL record for consecutive 500 point seasons, and produces Pro-bowl QB's from players previously seen as journeymen.

If this is wrong,wrong,wrong then define what you would class as success.

If this is idiocy then define genius.

If this is lousy then define achievment.

See if you can do it without resorting to some puerile perjorative. Better still, take a leaf out of Moklermans' book and construct a comprehensive rebuttal.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -01-18-2006 at 07:52 AM.

majorram is offline Registered User

What a great reply fat pang love it!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

I'd have to agree with those who factor in not only Martz's health and asking price, but his ego, or at least as it is perceived, around the NFL.

Perhaps his recent health experiences have humbled him in some way, and that'd be great, but the NFL's a lot like the state of Missouri. You gotta show 'em first.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

In my opinion the issues that MM had/has with the Rams front office have scarred his rep.. Let's face it, the front offices of all the NFL teams now each other in one way or another and they do talk. Yeah MM has had some interviews but again in my opinion that's to cover up the obvious. Mike Martz does not play well with the upper management.

I hope I'm wrong because I would like to see this man back in the the NFL some day.

In my opinion the MM thing starts with the issues he has or had with the front office of the Rams. This situation has damaged his rep. and the entire league knows about it. I feel that's why he's being overlooked by the teams in search of a HC. Yeah he'll be asked in for interviews but that's to protect the obvious, untill he cleans up his rep. and ability to work the top brass he'll be an after thought.

In my opinion the MM thing starts with the issues he has or had with the front office of the Rams. This situation has damaged his rep. and the entire league knows about it. I feel that's why he's being overlooked by the teams in search of a HC. Yeah he'll be asked in for interviews but that's to protect the obvious, untill he cleans up his rep. and ability to work the top brass he'll be an after thought.

rebel13 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    I'd like you to explain to me exactly how an "over (his) head" buffoon wins over 50 games, gains 4 playoff berths, one SB appearance, sets an NFL record for consecutive 500 point seasons, and produces Pro-bowl QB's from players previously seen as journeymen.

If this is wrong,wrong,wrong then define what you would class as success.

If this is idiocy then define genius.

If this is lousy then define achievment.

See if you can do it without resorting to some puerile perjorative. Better still, take a leaf out of Moklermans' book and construct a comprehensive rebuttal.
    The answer is very simple. He inherited an extremely talented team a championship team in case you have forgotten. How can you not recognize this? Once his ego took over and he thought that he could do this again without #13, who was the real leader of the team, the downfall began. All your stats listed above have very little to do with the "retard". Do you remember Barry Switzer? Same situation, although Switzer did win a Super Bowl. And he did not dismantle the team, nor did he lead them into the gutter. That being said, how much credit did you give to Switzer for winning games after he took over for JJ??? Certainly the definition of success cannot be leading a championship team to mediocrity, can it? Success would be classified as increasing the success you inherited, or at least maintaining it. Or inheriting a bad team and turning it into a championship team. I don't call what Martz has presided over as a "success". It is a disgrace and that is why no one will hire this retard. It's time for all the Martz supporters to recognize this. How's that for a rebuttal? Although I'm not sure what I'm rebutting.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    The answer is very simple. He inherited an extremely talented team a championship team in case you have forgotten. How can you not recognize this? Once his ego took over and he thought that he could do this again without #13, who was the real leader of the team, the downfall began. All your stats listed above have very little to do with the "retard". Do you remember Barry Switzer? Same situation, although Switzer did win a Super Bowl. And he did not dismantle the team, nor did he lead them into the gutter. That being said, how much credit did you give to Switzer for winning games after he took over for JJ??? Certainly the definition of success cannot be leading a championship team to mediocrity, can it? Success would be classified as increasing the success you inherited, or at least maintaining it. Or inheriting a bad team and turning it into a championship team. I don't call what Martz has presided over as a "success". It is a disgrace and that is why no one will hire this retard. It's time for all the Martz supporters to recognize this. How's that for a rebuttal? Although I'm not sure what I'm rebutting.
    That was going really well until the "retard" part......

Mike Martz and his offence were responsible for our Super Bowl win and our consequent years of winning, exciting Ram football. Whatever he inherited he helped to build in the first place certainly on the offensive side.

Mediocrity is easily defined in an age of parity and its a failure to win more than you lose, a failure to stand head and shoulders above the rest of the pack and you cannot claim in either category that this has been the case for the last 5 years excepting this year where he only coached 5 games.

As for dismantling the team, being successful in the age of the cap tends to do that for you. You cannot pay Grant Wistrom that kind of cash, Kevin Carter got all hollywood on us, Dexter McCleon wasn't a top notch corner, London Fletcher was Lovie's call, Todd Lyght was old, Keith Lyle's production fell off, Ernie Conwell got above market rate at the time ............do I really need to go on?

Actually I do because I notice a picture of no.13 as your avatar. Kurt Warner was let go for reason's of production and no more. Look at what Kurt did over his last 10 games, come back with stats and tell me that he deserved to start over Marc Bulger.

As far as I can tell your point of criticism revolves around his failure to 'maintain' the success of our SB win. The only way to do that I presume is to consistently win SB's and on that yardstick most of the coaches in the NFL could be considered a disgrace.

It seems that he will never be forgiven by some for the manner in which we lost SB36, which to me smacks of the expectation of success and is more arrogant than he will ever be.

You can criticise him and I do, for his iffy game management, his lack of offensive balance when the pressure was on, his hiring of a man as DC whose long term history didn't suggest success, and his refusal to recognise where the true balance of power lay in our organisation and accomodate it.

But despite these shortcomings, which would be considered fatal in many other HC's he won more than he lost and took us to the playoffs regularly.

Expectation must always be tempered by the realisation that this is damn tough league to win with all the variables that involves. Anything else just isn't reasonable.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Martz a genius?...........can't agree with this one! Sorry Fat Pang if he were a genius he wouldn't have lost his team nor his job. Creative I'll give you but not a genius. rebel you are correct, when MM started to think he was untouchable is when the walls started to crumble. MM is one of the most creative OC's Ive ever seen but a guy drafts the likes of Crouch and Bellasari to then try to change their careers to a position that really they have never played for sometime and the other wasted draft picks, hiring of coaches with really NO prov en record clock management,wasted timeouts non wasted timeouts etc, That to me does not define GENIUS!.............Actually awh never mind!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

He also was responsible for our Superbowl loss then

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast