Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Some Week 2 Thoughts

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Some Week 2 Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Just found this on Rams injuries from yesterday vs ATL.

The injury report got a little longer this week.

St. Louis Rams Rodger Saffold went down with a knee injury in the second quarter. He left the game and did not return. Saffold left the stadium on crutches.

The severity of Saffold's knee injury is unkown. Head coach Jeff Fisher said that Saffold would get an MRI on Monday. For now, Joe Barksdale is most likely to continue starting in place of Saffold on quarterback Sam Bradford's right. That adds an extra element of game planning to the mix for the Rams. Barksdale struggled against the Falcons' pass rush. He'll need help from an extra blocker against the better pass rushing teams.

Needless to say, it's still not clear when Saffold will be able to get back into the starting lineup.

This is Saffold's fourth season in the league. He hasn't made it through more than 10 games since his rookie season in 2010.

Safety Matt Daniels was injured Sunday as well. He broke his ankle. Daniels wasn't seeing many snaps with the defense, but he has been a key component in an improved special teams group. It's important not to overlook the loss. The Rams are struggling to play consistently; a change to the special teams lineup just adds one more wrinkle to the equation.
    That sucks for Daniels, he just worked so hard to get back.

I wonder if Davis gets called up from the practice team to replace him. We could use a guy who can play teams without get a flag on every punt return.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    That sucks for Daniels, he just worked so hard to get back.

I wonder if Davis gets called up from the practice team to replace him. We could use a guy who can play teams without get a flag on every punt return.
    I was just waiting to read to the end of this thread to ask the same question. hate to see anyone get hurt, but happy to have a chance to see Cody move up.
    This space for rent...

vanillasue is offline Registered User

I blame the interception on Bradford as the DB/LB was right there to tackle Richardson even if the ball had been caught. If Richardson catches the ball we still lose yards there. There was no sense in even throwing that pass and this gets back to getting away from dink and donk. Throw the ball down the field or throw it away. Horizontal plays we need to get away from. Useless.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    I blame the interception on Bradford as the DB/LB was right there to tackle Richardson even if the ball had been caught. If Richardson catches the ball we still lose yards there. There was no sense in even throwing that pass and this gets back to getting away from dink and donk. Throw the ball down the field or throw it away. Horizontal plays we need to get away from. Useless.
    I think it's preposterous to blame the interception on Sam when clearly it was the result of a receiver failing to bring the ball in. I agree Sam should have been looking downfield more, especially on that play as Cook was breaking open over the middle of the field, but that has nothing to do with the error made by Richardson in failing to secure a very catchable ball.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Why didn't you just say this in the first place instead of clouding the issue by using the ambiguous term "caretaker QB"? I've certainly never heard an NFL QB called that, and in all honesty, my first reaction to reading it was that you were trying to poke Bradford supporters with a stick. Apparently that wasn't your intent, but you made a point of being critical of his play, said Martz would never want him, and compared him to a "scared Marc Bulger", so the reactions you got should have been expected.
    "Scarred Marc Bulger," not scared. He was fearless and that and the Martz offensive gameplan shortened his career.

I could have been clearer re: Sam, I agree. I'm not a detractor of his and hope he rises to the next level and soon.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    "Scarred Marc Bulger," not scared. He was fearless and that and the Martz offensive gameplan shortened his career.

I could have been clearer re: Sam, I agree. I'm not a detractor of his and hope he rises to the next level and soon.
    Fair enough. Here's to Bradford changing your perceptions.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think it's preposterous to blame the interception on Sam when clearly it was the result of a receiver failing to bring the ball in. I agree Sam should have been looking downfield more, especially on that play as Cook was breaking open over the middle of the field, but that has nothing to do with the error made by Richardson in failing to secure a very catchable ball.
    Let me be the QB for a second here and make a decision on the possible outcomes of this play.

1) Incomplete pass - nothing positive and probably best possible scenario
    2) Completed pass and loss of yards - nothing positive
    3) Completed pass and broken tackle for gain of some yards - highly unlikely as Richardson is going backwards.
    4) Interception - Again, nothing positive.

Conclusion - Unquestionably, Bad decision by the QB and therefore his fault.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    The sad part is that you're not joking... you really think this way.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hey Nick,

I was watching game with non-Rams fans.......I am in Kauai And they universally thought the pass had too much mustard on it. I did not think so but wanted to see what others thought. Certainly was in the bread basket for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123