Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    chiguy is offline Registered User

Someone explain to me...

...why Pat Shumer has a job.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Someone explain to me...

1. Because he's not the OG who gave up 3 sacks today (that would be Goldberg).

2. Because he's not one of the WRs who puts less fear in DBs than a Girl Scout in pigtails.

JFMose is offline Registered User

A lot of things went wrong for the offense today...pretty sad, i thought we would put up a fight

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    1. Because he's not the OG who gave up 3 sacks today (that would be Goldberg).

2. Because he's not one of the WRs who puts less fear in DBs than a Girl Scout in pigtails.
    But he is the guy who

1. Continues calling the same run-pass combo all the time,

2. Didn't take a shot down field until the 4th quarter when it was too late to loosen up the defense,

3. Can't find a way to get a team into the end zone against a mediocre defense,

4. And, can't find a way to protect QB when the other team only rushes 4.

I agree with your assessment of the offensive players, but surely you can see how predictable the play calling is for the NFL.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    But he is the guy who

1. Continues calling the same run-pass combo all the time,

2. Didn't take a shot down field until the 4th quarter when it was too late to loosen up the defense,

3. Can't find a way to get a team into the end zone against a mediocre defense,

4. And, can't find a way to protect QB when the other team only rushes 4.

I agree with your assessment of the offensive players, but surely you can see how predictable the play calling is for the NFL.
    He's calling the plays we have the personnel to have a chance of success with.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Because SAM didn't take the initiative to make things happen early, not until desparation time late in the 4th. Lackluster and uninspired play from the Rook today. Totally outplayed by an Ailing Matt Cassel!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    But he is the guy who

You are exactly right. The players share some blame for not performing. But the play calling is also at fault. They waited until the last minutes of the game to try anything aggressive? Come on. The Rams deserve to lose with that kind of crap.

Two years to go until we are good. Need Oline help, receiver help, and play calling help. Bradford played like a rookie today. Hopefully he is learning from these disappointments and he will fix it. I sound like a broken record. But we are not ready.
    Last edited by supachump; -12-19-2010 at 05:31 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Because SAM didn't take the initiative to make things happen early, not until desparation time late in the 4th. Lackluster and uninspired play from the Rook today. Totally outplayed by an Ailing Matt Cassel!
    You are so off base. Bradford had NO TIME to throw the ball. There isn't a QB in the league who can succeed under those circumstances.

Keenum is offline Registered User

WE NEED WEAPONS. Just getting Avery and Clayton back next year will probably do us wonders, but I think we have no choice but to target a big time WR in the draft.

No excuse for the poor play of the O-line as well... I hope this was just a glitch for them, they had been doing pretty well ealier this year at giving Sam time.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Besides Amendola the starting WRs we have are BUMS. The Chiefs coulda pulled some random grandmas out of the stands to cover the losers the Rams have to start each week. It's a miracle our record is this good, and we have no one to thank except Bradford for that. Give him time and he'll make something happen. Today he had no time and you saw the result.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    WE NEED WEAPONS. Just getting Avery and Clayton back next year will probably do us wonders, but I think we have no choice but to target a big time WR in the draft.

No excuse for the poor play of the O-line as well... I hope this was just a glitch for them, they had been doing pretty well ealier this year at giving Sam time.
    We also have issues at the Guard position that need to be addressed, hopefully there are some solid, reliable guys who can execute the push for providing better holes for Jackson. But first and foremost, we need a WR in the 1st round. I like where this team's going but we're just not playoff material yet, no matter how terrible this division is. Other than that, bring on the Whiners!!!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Actually on a few times, he had TOO much time. Yet, none of our receivers can get any separation whatsoever, their route running and speed are poor, and with the interior line getting pushed back like they are 5'10 and 140lbs, Bradford gets sacked.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Yeah, too many drive killing penalties and very poor all-round execution, Shumer certainly needs to go.

Seriously, I have a question. What do you think would be best for the success of a rookie QB and young WR corp?

A. Stay with one OC in order to learn and build from a single system
    B. Changing OC's forcing them to learn and build from changing systems

I would think A would be the most obvious answer. Especially when said OC is being handicapped by so many young players and injuries.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You are so off base. Bradford had NO TIME to throw the ball. There isn't a QB in the league who can succeed under those circumstances.
    Nonsense, Bradford was horrible today. He's been pretty bad for three weeks. He inaccurate, skitish, and scared. He never steps up into the pocket, and he's indecisive ...

The excuses for him are getting old. He left at least 100 yards passing on the field today on BAD throws. There is always going to be pressure, he needs to learn to adapt to it ...

He's regressed significantly the past three weeks.

I'd like to point out that its not as if the Chiefs were loaded with great receivers. They've got a good running game and Bowe, but I'm not that scared by guys like Moleaki and Chambers.

The team needs to execute better, but we've seen overly conservative and uncreative play calling all year. How many balls were targeted to Alexander? Three, and one was so obvious the Chiefs were all over it. Why not use him early (you know, when we had a lead) to try to soften the defense up? And seriously...how many times do we need to watch Goldberg get blown up on 1-10 handoffs before we stopping calling that play?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast