Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Someone needs fired over the game last night!!!!!!!!!!

RAMK1NG is offline Registered User

Re: Someone needs fired over the game last night!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan1 View Post
    Fire the head coach!
    No that wouldn't be smart Spags is the reason we have such an improved defense we just need to focus on our next game and hope Steven "Action" Jackson plays

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Firing anyone two games into a lockout delayed season is not the answer.

Watching Salas was extremely frustrating, but I think he'll get his act together. The one encouraging thing I took from his performance was the ability to get open. Once he starts hanging onto the ball, he's going to be a weapon.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Rooky or no Rooky, that was the worst display of non-football talent I ever saw.
    Well, rookys will be rookys.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Would it be correct to say that our "rookys" are playing like "Wookys"?

Just askin...

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Come on, now, you know better than that. Salas hardly distinguished himself and certainly hurt the Rams with the fumble but he had plenty of company. Eight penalties, poor red zone offense, a costly turnover on the lateral and a lousy rushing game did them in.
    When are the Rams going to play '53 as 1' football?! Spags most go, because he has yet to provide this 'Company' with what it takes to be on the same page, as a team, achieving one common goal.
    Rams need a big name coach, Spagnuolo's name has 9 letters, but his is not nearly big enough!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    When are the Rams going to play '53 as 1' football?! Spags most go, because he has yet to provide this 'Company' with what it takes to be on the same page, as a team, achieving one common goal.
    Rams need a big name coach, Spagnuolo's name has 9 letters, but his is not nearly big enough!
    So DGR, who would you like to come in and take over the HC spot in week 3? just curious.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Marty Schottenheimer has a bigger name than Spags.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Yes, no doubt, someone needs a < to be >, or not?

But I'd wait a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    So DGR, who would you like to come in and take over the HC spot in week 3? just curious.
    Cowher should have surely been placed as Rams HC over Spagnuolo. Stan Kronke seems like he's an owner that's not gonna stand for the foolishness his Rams have become to relish in. Tampa you can be curious all you want, but you can best believe that Stan is seriously assessing the Rams headcoaching situation before it starts to circle the drain and spin helplessly out of control.
    Maybe not week 3, but I would like to see Cowher in here, if sooner not later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lets look at Cohwers stats, coaching 15 years as HC of the steelers and having a winning record 12 of those years. a record of 159-90. 9 division championships, 2 conferance, 1 SB. not bad stats i must say.

Well at the time we were lookgin for our last HCD, Cohwer wasnt looking to return to coaching yet, so saying we should of got Cohwer wasnt an option at all. And now, who knows if hed even want to coach the rams if/when he did return. Just cause you want Cohwer, doesnt mean we'll ever get him.

I agree with you that Kroenke is assesing every move, every game etc, including the head coaching positiong, but i dont thinkg hes looking at spags and telling him if hes doesnt get us to the playoffs this year hes fired.

As much as youd like Cowher in here, he hasnt yet returned to coaching, let alone coaching for the rams. i believe spags has till the end of next season to prove himself. people these days wants results asap, not like back in the day. but i think spags, even if we have a losing record and miss the playoffs this year will still be our coach next season.
    RealRam and ZiaRam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Lets look at Cohwers stats, coaching 15 years as HC of the steelers and having a winning record 12 of those years. a record of 159-90. 9 division championships, 2 conferance, 1 SB. not bad stats i must say.

Well at the time we were lookgin for our last HCD, Cohwer wasnt looking to return to coaching yet, so saying we should of got Cohwer wasnt an option at all. And now, who knows if hed even want to coach the rams if/when he did return. Just cause you want Cohwer, doesnt mean we'll ever get him.

I agree with you that Kroenke is assesing every move, every game etc, including the head coaching positiong, but i dont thinkg hes looking at spags and telling him if hes doesnt get us to the playoffs this year hes fired.

As much as youd like Cowher in here, he hasnt yet returned to coaching, let alone coaching for the rams. i believe spags has till the end of next season to prove himself. people these days wants results asap, not like back in the day. but i think spags, even if we have a losing record and miss the playoffs this year will still be our coach next season.
    I'm kinda using Cowher as example of the type of marque HC thats needed to bring respectability to a ballclub. The Rams had an owner by the name of Carroll Rosenbloom, who was a cut above all the rest, who saw to it that his team would be well represented as one the leagues best. Rosenbloom always strove to have his ballclub in position to win it all.
    This guy fired George Allen in the preseason!

Then There's GEORGIA. It can be debated, that shes was the major influence of the Rams GSOT!
    She presided over one of the Greatest Team the NFL will ever Know.

Stan Kronke knows this all to well, as the new head man has to most definitely wants to cut out all the crap that's been consistantly plaguing this team for too long know.
    If Spags has to be the fall guy, well at least he'd lasted longer than George Allen.
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-21-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    I'm kinda using Cowher as example of the type of marque HC thats needed to bring respectability to a ballclub. The Rams had an owner by the name of Carroll Rosenbloom, who was a cut above all the rest, who saw to it that his team would be well represented as one the leagues best. Rosenbloom always strove to have his ballclub in position to win it all.
    This guy fired George Allen in the preseason!

Then There's GEORGIA. It can be debated, that shes was the major influence of the Rams GSOT!
    She presided over one of the Greatest Team the NFL will ever Know.

Stan Kronke knows this all to well, as the new head man has to most definitely wants to cut out all the crap that's been consistantly plaguing this team for too long know.
    If Spags has to be the fall guy, well at least he'd lasted longer than George Allen.
    I undertand what you mean by hiring a top tier HC. But we have to remember, even Cohwers first stint as a HC didnt work out. He lasted 3 years first time around. Now what if he was given 4 years? Maybe that 4th year woulda been the breakout year. we may never know.

3 years seems to be the staple now a days on the coaching timeline to get things done. But sometimes it takes an extra year or two for it all to come together. And unfortunalty, some coaches are given even longer time and still never really produce. Just like the draft, getting a HC is a crapshoot as well.

I still believe spags will be around next year regardless if the rams make the playoffs or not this year. Im still going to back Spags, next year might be different, but then again, thats next year and we dont know what will happen the rest of this year, let alone next year.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -09-21-2011 at 08:47 PM.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I did not start this thread to be about Cohwer or Fireing Spags! Please keep the discussion on target and tongue in cheek as it was ment as a joke and should stay as one.

SSG Butler
    oh and GO RAMS

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

I Feel You, Realize we are missing some tools from our bag dude, However granted, The Rams had so many opportunities, and with the Flags flying like butterflies around us. Logic is to WATCH THE BALL INTO YOUR HANDS,,, your going to get hit, why not get hit with a ball tucked away and yardage gained...Besides, the woosie Giants were not tough, we couldnt make the plays, with the Raven hornets nest on the horizon, we need to step it up... Hopefully Rookie misteaks are over! Go Rams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12