Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Someones heads should roll for this garbage!

This is absolutely the worst display of football Ive seen in awhile. I dont care if they are hurt. Every team has injuries and problems. The good teams play past them and find a way to win. Its pretty obvious this is NOT a good team. I dont like Bulger, never have, and Stephen Jackson is an overrated back as there is, but no way this team should be so absolutely rotten. Heads should and right now. Why wait until the end of the season. Get a coach in here who knows how to win. Start making some trades or plans for next year. Lets get a head start on it now. This season is toast.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Someones heads should roll for this garbage!

ur right do something man

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    This is absolutely the worst display of football Ive seen in awhile. I dont care if they are hurt. Every team has injuries and problems. The good teams play past them and find a way to win. Its pretty obvious this is NOT a good team. I dont like Bulger, never have, and Stephen Jackson is an overrated back as there is, but no way this team should be so absolutely rotten. Heads should and right now. Why wait until the end of the season. Get a coach in here who knows how to win. Start making some trades or plans for next year. Lets get a head start on it now. This season is toast.
    Well, if you think the core of the team (QB and RB) is horrible, then logically the team should be horrible.

At this point I dont even care what they do. Just change things around, try something different. Start ferrot for a few games and ler Bulger rest and get his head on straight. We certainly cant get any worse than what Ive seen the first 4 games. This is embarrassing!!
    Last edited by Spiderwolf; -09-30-2007 at 06:35 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I dont care if they are hurt. Every team has injuries and problems. The good teams play past them and find a way to win.
    I don't know that I've ever heard of a team that through four games has not finished a contest with the same offensive line it started with. That's just one example of the multitude of injuries this team has already faced in a short season. Since you think every team plays through these kinds of injuries, can you help me out and name another team that has successfully overcome this challenge?

I dont like Bulger, never have, and Stephen Jackson is an overrated back as there is
    Jackson didn't even play this week but finds a way to sneak into your post. Now that's some dedicated criticism.

Why wait until the end of the season. Get a coach in here who knows how to win.
    Which coach who "knows how to win" is sitting on their duff right now without a job, and thus is available for the Rams to bring in now?

This is why you can't just hit the reset button in the middle of the season. You fire your head coach, but there are no viable promising candidates out there right now so you promote an interim head coach in the meantime. Right now that would probably be Haslett, whose defense folded like a flimsy napkin today and wasn't exactly a mammoth of a coach during his stint in New Orleans.

If you want a new coach, fine. But you ought to demonstrate at least some realism in your expectations and requests.

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

The injuries more significamnt than you think. Rams are nothing without Pace. Bulger is one of the top QB's in my opinion, bad play calling makes him look bad (different story with Mike Martz). Jackson isn't overrated, if the Rams could actually be in the lead more often they wouldn't have to pass as much in the second half. I'm suprised Jackson is hurt, he is one of the biggest strongest RB's in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Well, if you think the core of the team (QB and RB) is horrible, then logically the team should be horrible.
    And so they are!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

And so they are!
    But I notice you originally wrote, "(There is) no way this team should be so absolutely rotten."

YOUR RIGHT!! Since I dont have the answers, (and never said I did, I just tyhink we need changes) we should just leave everything like it is and keep losing and embarrassing all Rams fans! Man, thats brilliant!! Jackson is over rated BIG TIME!! I dont care if he played today or not. Bulger is horrible and another QB deserves a chance. As far as the coach, no i dont know whos out there, but Linehan needs to go. promote somebody from within and fire this bum. We simply cannot sit pat and hope everything gets better. This team blows and changes need to be made.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't know that I've ever heard of a team that through four games has not finished a contest with the same offensive line it started with. That's just one example of the multitude of injuries this team has already faced in a short season. Since you think every team plays through these kinds of injuries, can you help me out and name another team that has successfully overcome this challenge?
    Hmmm........good point!

I could be mistaken; but I think the Martz coached Rams of 2004-05 overcame numerous injuries to the offensive line. Seems they were taking guys off the street at one point.

They went 8-8 and made the playoffs. They won the wild-card playoff game @ Seattle.

:l

blood85 is offline Registered User

Maybe they can bring back Ray Malavasi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I could be mistaken; but I think the Martz coached Rams of 2004-05 overcame numerous injuries to the offensive line. Seems they were taking guys off the street at one point.
    Numerous, yes. To this level and magnitude? I don't believe so. We definitely had a revolving door of bodies (we lost RT Turley and C Wohlabaugh early for instance), but Pace, Timmerman, and McCollum started the entire '04 season. Right now we're down to two starters, one of whom is Romberg and the other is Barron playing out of position.

It's as bad as it's ever been out there in recent years, if not worse IMO, in terms of the five-man unit we're putting out on the field.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I can understand and feel the frustration. The losses are killing me to. Let's not forget injuries are part of the game and depth is critical especially in the world of Professional Football. Our problem is that the list of injuries has gotten out of hand. There is no "NO" team in the NFL that could overcome the numerous injuries our team has sustained.

3 of the Starters from the o-line. (Pace, Incognito, Setterstrom)
    1 starting cornerback (Tye Hill(
    1 starting cornerback (suspended) (Fahkir Brown)
    1 starting linebacker (Pisa)
    1 starting running back (Steven Jackson)
    1 wr- Drew Bennett, he's still not healthy although he's playing.
    1 starting quarterback, Marc Bulger is at about 50% if you ask me.

That's 9 starters out of 22.

Combine this with new players at key positions still learning the system. (McMichael, Leonard, Bennett).

Name 1 team that could overcome that list. Make sure you plug in the names of the other team that are comparable to our list. Go ahead I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    It was revealed in a recent article that McMichael has been playing hurt, and personally I'm not convinced Holt is at 100% either. According to recent reports, Bruce, Goldberg, and Chavous sustained injuries to some degree today. And Wroten is suspended as well.

So it's both starters and the depth we've accumulated that are being injured. I mean, there was a point today when we had only one reserve linemen who could come in and replace an injury today. One. We're simply running out of bodies, and that's something no NFL team is going to be able to recover from IMO.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I can understand and feel the frustration. The losses are killing me to. Let's not forget injuries are part of the game and depth is critical especially in the world of Professional Football. Our problem is that the list of injuries has gotten out of hand. There is no "NO" team in the NFL that could overcome the numerous injuries our team has sustained.

3 of the Starters from the o-line. (Pace, Incognito, Setterstrom)
    1 starting cornerback (Tye Hill(
    1 starting cornerback (suspended) (Fahkir Brown)
    1 starting linebacker (Pisa)
    1 starting running back (Steven Jackson)
    1 wr- Drew Bennett, he's still not healthy although he's playing.
    1 starting quarterback, Marc Bulger is at about 50% if you ask me.

Combine this with new players at key positions still learning the system. (McMichael, Leonard, Bennett).

Name 1 team that could overcome that list. Make sure you plug in the names of the other team that are comparable to our list. Go ahead I dare you.
    I'll give you 2 teams that if they lost 1 player they would be in deep doo doo.

Patriots- Tom Brady ,,,I wonder how Brady's broken ribs would affect his team? Same goes for the Colts and Peyton Manning. That's just 1 player, we have 9.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast