RockinRam is offline Registered User

Something I noticed...

Although just coming off a near victory from an undefeated team, I must post a concern. In yesterday's game, I saw every single player on our team hustling on every single play, even after the play. They were playing harder than their hardest to win this game. But...there was one player I continually noticed that was not doing this.

It was Alex Barron.

It pains me to say this, to see this, as I've been proud of his performance this season. But, I consistently noticed that while Jason Brown, Jason Smith, Goldberg, even Jacob Bell hustling downfield to help continue making blocks, picking guys up, Alex Barron is 5-10 yards back, walking and staring.

While this is a minor concern, it kind of irritates me. He is known to be a mild, reserved guy who is not loud and aggressive. But if Jason Smith, a rookie, is showing you up, picking his fellow teammates up, do the same! Don't walk, don't casually take your time! Hustle!

His performance in blocking for Bulger is good. But other than that, he needs to start showing like he wants to win, and help this team.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Something I noticed...

Maybe we saw different times during the game, but I noticed Barron downfield on numerous occasions ...

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Something I noticed...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Maybe we saw different times during the game, but I noticed Barron downfield on numerous occasions ...
    When the play calls for him to actually be downfield, and block. On pass plays, run plays where he doesn't need to be, he's usuallynot. I'm sure I missed a few times when he did hustle, but mainly it was obvious that every other lineman, especially Smith and Goldberg, rushing downfield, trying to push the pile, bowl over other guys, while Barron is just walking.