RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Something that I've been thinking about

The D-Line, for the most part, has been dissapointing. The line often overpursues and seems to lack the knowledge of the fundametnals for that position. I would like to see te D-Line brought together and shown some highlights of the Deacon and Youngblood. Show how they dominated. Show how they became the legends that they are. This D-Line needs to have PRIDE! The Rams once boasted probably the greatest D-Line of all time. These defenders now get to play for the same team that once boasted this great defense. Teach these guys the fundamentals, instill some pride, and get a new D-Coordinator.

If those three things happen, then I believe that we can once again see a defense that we can be proud of.

*I know that this probably doesnt make too much sense, but I had to get his out.

The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Something that I've been thinking about

I wonder why Kollar's name is never brought up when people talk about disappointments in the defensive line. After all, Kollar probably spends more time specifically with this unit than Marmie does, since Marmie is overseeing the entire defense.

I like Kollar's intensity. I just want pride instilled in this group. Kolalr should bring in the Deacon and let him talk to these guys. Really, the defnesive line has played well except for overpursuit. The problem is that the scheme is awful. the players arent buying into it, and neither am I

Tailgage-Mayor is offline Registered User

I also wonder why Kollar avoids criticism. Clearly the 3 number 1s have not made the impact we expected. So is the problem 3 questionable draft picks? The scheme? Or Kollar?

Clearly these 3 guys were stars in college, so what went wrong with all of them?

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont think that there is anything "wrong" with pickett. Kennedy has improved in his first full healthy season. The nutcracker is a bust.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

There's nothing "wrong" with them. Like I've said though, there needs to be pride to play on this line. Years ago,the Rams had the greatest D-Line of all time! I really just hate the menaltiy on defense. It's not a "we're going to stop them" menatality. It's a"we're going to hopefully hold them to a field goal" menatlity. This needs to change.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I dont think that there is anything "wrong" with pickett. Kennedy has improved in his first full healthy season. The nutcracker is a bust.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Pickett was a reach. He never should have been drafted in the 1st round. The guy projected as an early 3rd rounder. Has he played like a 1st rounder his entire career? No, but how is it his fault for where he got drafted. Has he played above his projected 3rd round spot? I'd say so, especially after getting past his ankle injuries.

Kennedy got bad advice from an NFL'er who was a former teammate at PSU. My guess is Lavar Arrington. Kennedy was told that the NFL is exactly like college except you don't have classes. This was the mindset he entered his rookie year with and it nearly killed him. Should he have searched elsewhere for advice? Yes, but he's a kid who got a word from someone he trusted. Then he gets the foot injury last year that should have kept him out the whole year, but he came back and contributed. This year, both he and Pickett have played well. I know some will disagree with that statement, but if you watch the game, runners aren't going through Pickett and Kennedy to get their yards. They're either spreading the defense and running at D-Lew or countering off tackle while Hargrove, Little, & our LBs overpursue.

Damione "the Testicular Terminator" Lewis is a good ol' fashioned bust. He needs to go to a 3-4 team and play DE, but he just won't get it done as a 4-3 DT.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

Big Bison, the name Testicular Terminator is very impressive creative thinking. I prefer the Gonad Gnasher or Man Fruit Masher myself, but i really do like your turn of a phrase.

One thing for sure, a BUST is a Bust is a Bust. We may get on each other on this board, but i defy anyone to express satisfaction with the play of damione lewis. I also wish people would place at least some of the blame on lovie for that pick rather than putting it all on martz's head.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i agree with nick, how come kollars name doesnt come up when people are trashing the d-line, also about lovies pick of d-lew, i agree bad pick and a giant bust, but how do you know for sure, he was rated high,took a shot, it just didnt pay off.

I'm not trashing the Rams D-Line in any way. I just want to see some pride on this line again. I want too see the guys hold their heads up high when they play on the same line that once held the Fearsome Foursome.

I've been a huge supporter of Pickett and Kennedy. They are constanly double teamed, but still find a way to stuff the run. Little and Hargrove are left one on one. The problem here is that they overpursue.

I just want to see pride on this line. I want too see guys proud to be on this defense. I want to see the intensity that should follow that pride, and everyone knows that the D-Line will make or break your defense. Everything starts in the trenches.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

im sorry i didnt word my reply right, i didnt mean you were trashing the d-line but as a group they have been beaten up pretty bad by everyone including the media.