Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Something obvious that I hadn't considered about the Glover signing until now...

If that's the case Tx, wouldn't Kennedy then be a better fit at NT instead of Glover? If we choose not to resign Pickett, then it's time to start looking for some valuable depth then.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Something obvious that I hadn't considered about the Glover signing until now...

I'm confused Nick -- I thought you were enamored with Pickett (as are most people around here). Is Glover clearly an improvement over Pickett? If not, why was everyone so anxious to throw big money at the guy? (Yes, I'm being a little facetious.... )

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy
    I'm confused Nick -- I thought you were enamored with Pickett (as are most people around here). Is Glover clearly an improvement over Pickett? If not, why was everyone so anxious to throw big money at the guy? (Yes, I'm being a little facetious.... )

Pickett and Glover are different players. Pickett is more the run stuffer who clogs up holes while Glover is the pass rusher. I would love to see them playing side by side. However, i think most people are counting out resigning Pickett because of the money spent on Glover, which might mean the Rams cannot afford to nor need to go in a bidding war with another team over Pickett

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Glover has a track record of pro-bowl production, Pickett has had one good year. I know this upsets most folks on this board but most people around the league see Pickett as "servicable" rather than "dominating".

I think that we may well see Pickett back purely because I can't see a bidding war developing to the point where we won't pony up for him. The league simply doesn't view him as some of us do. As well as this, if someone with Glover's production signs for what he did, then someone with Pickett's numbers won't be able to dictate terms on us.

If however I prove to be completely wrong on this, then I think we could well see the 'bag snatcher's' (D-Lew) return.

To go back to previous thread's on the subject, if Pickett was as great a run stuffer as supposed then our run D would have been better than it was.

Glover should be able to help get us the push that will enable our LB corps to clean up after him and his friends, something we just didn't see last season.

Call me sentimental, but I still can't let up on Kennedy yet. I really hope he turns it up a notch or two with the arrival of Glover and a change in coaching staff.

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

is hargrove entering the final year of his contract this year. if so he should have even more motivation to do well. as for pickett, i do hope we retain him because our DT rotation would be awesome.

Jeff 8513 is offline Registered User

I think they should sign a veteran in the defensive backfield, because with a front line with Glover included is going to turn opponents away from the run quite a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12