ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Something to Ponder

I was bored and started doing a little thinking (scary, I know). If someone were to guarantee the Rams would win one, and only one Super Bowl in the next 5 years, would you take the offer? Or would you rather pass and play all 5 years just hoping that the team wins more than that?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Something to Ponder

Thinking...hmmm what a concept.

I would take the offer. One guaranteed win is good and not many teams get to the big game very often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I was bored and started doing a little thinking (scary, I know). If someone were to guarantee the Rams would win one, and only one Super Bowl in the next 5 years, would you take the offer? Or would you rather pass and play all 5 years just hoping that the team wins more than that?
    I wouldn't because it would make the other 4 years very boring.....unless maybe it was predestined to be in the 5th year, but I wasn't aware of it. Then after the 4th year of not winning, I could bet the farm on the Rams to win and retire after they do so in the 5th year. Yea, that's the ticket.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

Gee, and here I thought we already did take the deal...
    This space for rent...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Well, if you knew that, you could make a mint betting the Rams to win it all for the next 5 years. As long as their odds were more than 5-1 over the span, you'd be sure to cash in. And, if they didn't win for the next four years, you could bet the farm in year 5 and know you were going to win.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

To answer my own question, I don't think I'd take the deal. I mean look at New England. Before the 2001 season I guarantee their fans would have taken the deal. But after just 4 years they now have 3 championships.

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Very interesting pondering kinda question, but I don't think I'd take that deal only because I want to go into every season excited and hoping our RAMS are going all the way. Now, after that being said, and after 5 years have come and gone and we did not win the big one, I will definitely change my answer!!!! :smile:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Let's make a deal, Let's make a deal............Naaaaah That would be like watching a fixed boxing match!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RamTime Guest

WOW! I can't believe there is another person who's mind actually goes there. I have asked myself that so many times in my life I can't count. Since someone else asked it makes the answer simple. Why I can't trust myself enough to do the same is beyond me. I guess it's because if the Rams did win the Superbowl next year and my contract was for 5 years I'd probably break my contract. I may even say something like "I never agreed to that." Since it took the Rams 34 years to win a Superbowl I'd say 1 in 5 is a steal. there is one thing I want added to those terms and that is we sweep SF and beat New England in the Superbowl. OK two things.
    Deal?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

That's funny RamTime.

As long as it was not predetermined which season would be "the season", each season would have uncertainty, hope, and desire attached to it so it would always remain interesting, and then you could break the contract after the win happened. Not a bad plan at all.

I love the New England clause. That would be so sweet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

The way I think?I'd like to stack the Rams with the best player in the league at every position for five years like the Yankees do,and see what happens.