Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By gap
  • 1 Post By ZiaRam
  • 2 Post By Rambos

Thread: Something that really erks me?

BigGameHolt81 is offline Registered User

Something that really erks me?

It seems to me that like every time over the past couple years we get rid of a WR that just didn't really pan out for us, another team always finds a way for them to produce? What is it? Is it our coaches not using them right? Qb? Or the horrible line we've had.

A couple examples off the top of my head and I'm sure you all can think of some others.
    Avery in INDY has been producing.
    laurent Robinson had a big year in Dallas last year.
    The past couple weeks Danario X has emerged as a threat in the SD offense.
    And I know there are a couple others that I just can't think of right now

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: Something that really erks me?

These are all getting production from being "the other guy". For the RAMS, there was no threat to take attention away from them, so they were "the guy" instead of "the other guy". It's a whole lot easier to get production when the other team isn't paying attention to you.

gap

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Maybe it's a system they can adapt to easier, maybe it's the threat of no longer having an NFL job that creates a bit more focus/intensity/work ethic. Maye, as Gap said,
    It's a whole lot easier to get production when the other team isn't paying attention to you.
    Who knows, it's all speculation.

How many players have come to the Rams over the years and improved their careers? I can think of some players who came to the rams in their waning years and did little to nothing except cash fat checks. Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Everyone knew that DX had talent but if you can't practice the odds are you won't be around to play. The dude just couldn't get healthy enough to earn a spot. He's had some good games for the Chargers but he's just as likely to miss the next 2 games with sore knees.

Avery is on a team that other talent at WR that allows him to get open. He's still not going to go over the middle and make a play. And he was injured when he played with us.

Robinson had 1 "good" season in Dallas but he had a pretty good QB in Romo (that hurt to say that) and two other pro bowl caliber receivers drawing coverage away from him. He goes to Jax and had what... 25 catches and 200+ yards before going on IR because he's had what... three or four concussions this season?

These guys fell into better situations and that's about it.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameHolt81 View Post
    It seems to me that like every time over the past couple years we get rid of a WR that just didn't really pan out for us, another team always finds a way for them to produce?
    Hows that Laurent Robinson doing this year? Or Donnie Avery? Mardy Gilyard anyone?Greg Salas? Tired of people always saying things like this. DX was on this team for a certain amount of time because he obviously had talent, which he burnt the Chargers that one year and I'm sure they remembered him but he couldn't stay healthy. His knees are like a game of Russian Roulette. I love the kid and happy to see him doing well but in a year or to I expect that we won't hear from him anymore.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Somewhere on a Dallas and a Philly message-board a fan post the same question. But it's more like. How the hell did we let Amendola get out of town!
    thoey and ramsanddodgers like this.