wscramfan is offline Registered User

Sometimes we need to pound the ball!

When is Martz going to realize there are some teams you just have to try to Ram the ball down their throat.... even if you don't succeed. Sure Tampa hasn't done anything this year but c'mon we all know what their defense is capable of and they always play their A game with us. Teams like Tampa, Baltimore, Pittsburg, and especially the Saints will always give us trouble because of what their defenses are capable of (putting pressure on Kurt without having to blitz). Is it just me or did anyone else notice the last time we beat the Saints was when Marshall rushed for I think 220 yds. So if we don't even try to run the ball down their ( those teams above) throats even if if doesn't work, I think we will lose everytime.

RAMble On is offline Registered User
    Martz has said that one regret from the game is that he should have ran the ball more. After the loss against the Saints he responded the next week with a nice balanced attack.

It seems like he learns a lesson in one game and responds the next week, only to go back to the bad habits again.:confused:

If we want to go to the dance we need to have a balanced attack. It is ridiculous to ignore the running game with Faulk in the backfield.
    The Spartan General-King Leonidas shouted "Molon Labe" to the Persian King Xerxes, when Xerxes offered to spare the lives of Leonidas, and his people if they would lay down their arms. The phrase literally means, "Come and get them"... At the time, the Persian army outnumbered the Spartans 600,000 to 300, or 2,000-1.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    I couldnt agree more.Not only do we have a great running back in Faulk,we also have a good back in Canidate.I'm not saying we should become "Ground Chuck" but balance could be very effective.Martz says he goes with whatever works at the time.I have a hard time believing that after last night.Marshall started off running the ball effectively and then Martz basically abandoned the run.He seemed determined to pass the ball at all cost.I have to wonder if Martz sometimes lets his ego get in the way of his decision making.Dont get me wrong,I like Martz.I just dont think he utilizes all his weapons sometimes.By the way,Where was Proehl last night?I dont remember hearing his name all night.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Certain teams the Rams can open up and throw the ball, a.k.a. Miami, SF, NE, etc. However, certain teams are begging you to throw the ball, a.k.a. Tampa, NO, Chicago, NYG, teams with a strong pash rush and a headhunter secondary. However, those teams have been susceptible to the run. If the Rams are truely the "Greatest Show on Earth" (by the way, I HATE that tag), the great shows are much more than one dimensional. I don't know why the running game is abandoned at Rams Park. :upset:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Question Runners world...

Rams offense looked out of sync on monday night (no kidding).

To me, they appeared to have changed their game plan with some ad-lib adjustments somewhere early in the second quarter --in itself no major problem, this is not a rare solution-- but the offense got lost in the transition. They simply could not perform...

The team was walking around groggy after taking some hard Buccaneer punches early on, including Marshall Faulk. In fact, I think he really never recovered well enough after that 99 Zap attack where he was lifted and slammed down hard.

Maybe that's why Coach Martz decided to not work No. 28 the rest of the game, except very sporadically.

I agree, however, that we should run more; make it happen somehow. Canidate, Holcomb, Watson, accompanied by Hodgins (a.k.a "The Block"). Even if for setting up some decoy strategies. Apart from Faulk's greatness as RB, our group is not exactly a 'runners resort.'

:evilram: Ha! What a burden it must be to wear a head coach's jacket... All this expert advice coming to Mike Martz.

GO RAMS!!!

RAMble On is offline Registered User
    Nice post Jorge. Bottom line, I wouldn’t trade Martz for another coach in the NFL. He will take us to the Promised Land again!
    :lid:
    The Spartan General-King Leonidas shouted "Molon Labe" to the Persian King Xerxes, when Xerxes offered to spare the lives of Leonidas, and his people if they would lay down their arms. The phrase literally means, "Come and get them"... At the time, the Persian army outnumbered the Spartans 600,000 to 300, or 2,000-1.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    The balance shown in the Atlanta and Whiner win shows exactly what the Rams need to do this season. "The Greatest Show on Turf" tab was the worst description this team could have been given. How the defense is playing dictates what we should do on offense. It isn't necessary to score on every play, but to score somehow on every possession is huge. The D will do its job, keeping the running game shut down and really being stingy inside the opponents red zone. Ball control and time consumption have been keys to the O and Rams success.

Please continue this style of play boys, and the Dome at America Center will have a football game very late in January.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Balance is key, grasshopper

A couple of nights ago on NFL 2night, Meril Hodge brought up that the Rams are a more effective scoring machine when they run the ball as much as they pass it or close to it. The simple fact being that if we run the ball, the defense can't concentrate on the pass. I bet that if we ran more, Warner would have less INT's and more TD's because safeties wouldn't be sitting back on him. Remember...balance is key, grasshopper.
    Sprtsmac :football: