throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sorry Pead u've had your chance

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

Sorry Pead u've had your chance

Sorry Pead I gave you a chance, but you are officially 3rd on depth chart. As marshall said , you cannot be a RB and have a problem holding the ball.
    citr92 likes this.

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Sorry Pead u've had your chance

Not only that, but Bam Bam came in to try to steal a position...
    This space for rent...

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Is it too early to consider kicking Pead to the curb?

Right now, if I had to choose between Cunningham and Pead, I'd have to choose the former. Cunningham should at least be given a spot on the practice squad, IMO.

Can this team carry four running backs in the final 53? Rams have no fullback.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Personally, I would go with : 1. D-Rich 2. Zac Stacy 3. Benny Cunningham Who knows if they carry four RB or not , but Pead should be on the practice squad if he continues to cough up the rock
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think they will carry four RBs, and no FB, as Kendricks can play that role

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk247 View Post
    I think they will carry four RBs, and no FB, as Kendricks can play that role.
    Agreed (and you beat me to the answer too). One of our TEs will play FB on special formations.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I'm disappointed in Pead. The only reason he won't get cut right now is because he was a second round pick. D-Rich, Cunningham, and Stacy are all hungrier.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tavon Austin View Post
    Sorry Pead I gave you a chance, but you are officially 3rd on depth chart. As marshall said , you cannot be a RB and have a problem holding the ball.
    Pead should not return kickoffs. I still see production out of the RB position as he has explosion none of the others do. He should focus on his RB duties only.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I have the backs: 1. D-Rich 2. Pead 3. Benny Cunningham 4.Zac Stacy

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I have the backs: 1. D-Rich 2. Pead 3. Benny Cunningham 4.Zac Stacy
    No disrespect intended, but not sure how. Bam Bam and Zac appeared to do better than Pead and they didn't drop the rock...

It is only one game...
    This space for rent...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Not a good sign when the coach makes a point of saying how well the backs played, but does not include Pead in the discussion. It's too bad, because he really started to show the talent that got him drafted so high, but the fumbles are making him look like a liability.

Hopefully he can learn the meaning of "high and tight" before it's too late. The mental part will only get worse, and opposing defenders will see blood when he carries the ball. "Fumbler" is just a bad reputation to have.

citr92 is offline Registered User

i'd really consider cunningham to be a returner before pead at this point, cunningham has had some nice returns...and doesn't fumble

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Benny Cunningham averaging 6.1 yds per carry, Zac Stacy averaging 3.0 yards per carry and Pead averaging 3.3 yards per carry....I know it's preseason and all, but taking all things into consideration I would take Stacy's avg and ball control over Pead's slightly higher average and lack of ball control. Additionally, I think that even taking fumbles out of the equation that Cunningham should get the duties on kick returns. All that being said I think Pead should be pushed down the depth chart and unless he makes valuable use of his opportunities this year he may be finding out first hand what people mean by Not For Long.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Part of the Rams RB situation should also consider who has hands to catch the ball? I am trying to find stats that show catches & yards after the catch. Perhaps M. Faulk is too front and foremost in my memory, but a large part of GSOT with Faulk was his pass catching ability--often in a season his Pass catching yards where equal to his rushing yards. Seriously the more things you can DO verse what you CAN'T, rushing, catching, blocking, should be the yard stick in who is number 1

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The ball security issue is seemingly the biggest flaw in Pead's game at present. Sticking his foot in the ground and making one cut when running between the tackles is something else he could improve on. That said, both of those flaws can be greatly improved upon with good coaching and desire on the part of the player. Some guys just take longer to develop.

From the start of his career in 2007, Adrian Peterson led the league through 2009 with 20 fumbles, and losing 13 of them going into the 2010 season. Adrian was finally able to cut down on fumbling significantly after those first three years. I am not comparing Pead's and Peterson's overall skills as players. Rather I'm pointing out that sometimes it takes a while longer for certain players to master ball security. Pead and Peterson aren't the only talented backs who've had fumbling issues coming in to the NFL. It will be interesting to see if Isaiah can acquire the awareness/focus required to hang on to the football this year.

Fisher and the rest of his staff have seen and evaluated Pead on a daily basis in practices in a way that we simply cannot. I trust they have a plan for him, and if he cannot overcome this, the staff will know when to cut ties should it come to that. Isaiah clearly has talent - it's a shame his 28 yard run was called back with a holding penalty last night. If all our running backs had a 60 yd footrace, my money would be on Pead. Yes he has been slow to develop, but I don't see the Rams giving up on him just yet. Apparently he has improved his pass protection skills, now he needs to focus on ball security.

As a kickoff returner, frankly he scares the heck out of me because of the full tilt mayhem that ensues pretty much on every kickoff. Guess we'll soon see if our coaching staff shares that concern. Now that the games are going to count, we certainly can't afford to cough up the football on kickoffs and hand opponents terrific field position.

I think we keep all 4 running backs since we've got at least two and maybe three tight ends who can line up at FB when required.

Rambos having placed Pead at the number 2 spot above Stacy and Cunningham, could very well be right. Won't be long till we find out - I can't wait for this season to start!
    mde8352gorams and lostsoul like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast