Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Sorry... We have the worst fans!

Ok this is on my opinion and it has nothing to do with you guys. But we have the worst fans at the Dome. I don't think they know how good they have it. I mean there at a Rams game and there Rams fans. I mean some times when the opponet does something good there fans at the stadium are louder than ours. Whenever we do something good it isn't loud at all. I mean I've been watching NFL Shortcuts for the Rams and other teams this week such as the Cardinals. And I find it very offending and embarassing that the Cardinal fans are louder than ours by about 500 times. I want it to be loud... Now please enlighten me. What is wrong with our fans at the dome? Grannit if were losing owell look at all the teams that have losing traditions. There louder than ever.

RamsFan16

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Sorry... We have the worst fans!

A lot of them are former Cardinal fans.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Arrow Re: Sorry... We have the worst fans!

I know what your saying I mentioned that 3 weeks ago ... When we play games with other teams in their home town fans they will yell very loud for their teams and just recently the packers fans were doing the wave in very cold temps ... I can only say that when you are used to winning and your team does not any more plus when it looks like usc can beat us hands down gets people unhappy ... I remember yrs ago and up to today , The RAMS have most of the time had top of the line players on the team ... But for lack of wanting to spend the money or poor leadership we have had our problems ... Not to say that other teams dont run into the same thing , Their was a time when we did not want to belly up to the bar pay the $ that it took to keep the players their ... Remember one thing about the NFL football Its about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and today its sad . In the 20s , 30s, 40s , 50s , 60s , were about the love of game and At the end of the 70s is where it started to change the salaries started to jump due to the mind set of wanting the best players .. They lost site in my opinion of the game and its a shell of what it used to be today.. It was football a chess match , players playing for the love of the game .. Iam not saying players dont love the game anymore but its not same by a long shot as it was when I went to my 1st game in 1957 ... around 1962 is when I really started to understand what it was about .. Since 1957 I have never missed a season , And I can tell you that game has not changed Its the people in it that has changed the game and its very sad ... But I still love the game and our RAMS , Fans they come and go depending
    on what the win lose record is .. And thats not true for some fans just a few of them ... I saw it in L.A. at the end after carroll died things went down hill with the she devil running the RAMS .. RAMS fans exspect to win or atleast
    show up and play well and over the yrs they have and I love them for it ... But the RAMS have been in STL for only 10 yrs and 1/2 of those years where great now is the time where the real fans will come out and be counted , the " only when your winning fans " will leave ... Sorry Iam rambling on (no pun intended) ..
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-15-2005 at 05:11 AM.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    A lot of them are former Cardinal fans.
    Alot of them are still Cardinal fans and always have been.Kind of like us When the Rams moved from california.I stayed a Rams fan and some of the people in STL. still follow their team in Arizona.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

AJD45 is offline Registered User

Well I guess I'm the only one who will stand up for the fans. I've never lived in St. Louis, I don't have season tix, so I'm not about to bad mouth those that step up on Sunday to support the team in person. They have my thanks. As I've said before, I think that St. Louis fans are among the most knowledgeable fans around. Given that, why the hell should they be cheering loudly for what's gone on this season? The absolute disgrace of lack of intelligence and discipline from the top down on the team has been an embarrassment to watch. This isn't the case of a fiesty, up and coming team not getting support from its home crowd -- this is what should have been a playoff team that squandered its potential. If you think all fans should always turn a blind eye to the reality of a franchise heading in the wrong direction and wildly cheer like lemmings leaping off a cliff, that's your problem, not the St. Louis fans'.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Given that, why the hell should they be cheering loudly for what's gone on this season?
    For sake of discussion though, why don't they sell their tickets to fans who DO want to yell and scream? What enjoyment are people getting by going and sitting on their hands?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ram3057 is offline Registered User

What enjoyment are people getting by going and sitting on their hands?
    It's starting to sound like the Anaheim Stadium days....

Complacency.

We need a mascot who can run around and get people to do something. Like the watermelonhead guys - or that guy with the barrell in Denver - or the guy in New York who runs around the stadium getting people pumped up - or.......

If I ever move to St. Louis - you would NOT be able to miss me during game time -

"Hey, who's that drunk with the cape?"

:drunk:
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

For sake of discussion though, why don't they sell their tickets to fans who DO want to yell and scream?
    How does a person do that? Do you place an add on ebay or perhaps in the local gazette? Do you ask for a guarantee that the buyer yells and screams at all times?

For Sale: Season tickets to the Rams home games. You must be a bonafide yeller and screamer in order to purchase these tickets. Serious inquiries only. Call 555-0505. Those who yell and scream into the phone, when calling, will be given high priority.

What enjoyment are people getting by going and sitting on their hands?
    What enjoyment are they getting by watching the product on the field? I don't think people go with the intent of sitting on their hands. They expect to be entertained. When they are entertained they cheer, when they aren't, they either boo or sit on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ferter
    How does a person do that? Do you place an add on ebay or perhaps in the local gazette?
    I can't imagine that selling a football ticket would take an act of Congress.
    What enjoyment are they getting by watching the product on the field? I don't think people go with the intent of sitting on their hands. They expect to be entertained. When they are entertained they cheer, when they aren't, they either boo or sit on their hands.
    Then the Rams have a few rather foolish season ticket holders. They know what kind of team is going to take the field right now. If they expect anything different, they haven't been paying close attention.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by AJD45
    Why the hell should they be cheering loudly for what's gone on this season?
    Same reason the Cardinal Fans, Eagle Fans, Packer Fans, Brown Fans, Dolphin Fans, and all the other fans do. Because they love football and their team. They love going to the game. Thats why!
    RamsFan16

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ram3057
    It's starting to sound like the Anaheim Stadium days....

Complacency.

We need a mascot who can run around and get people to do something. Like the watermelonhead guys - or that guy with the barrell in Denver - or the guy in New York who runs around the stadium getting people pumped up - or.......

If I ever move to St. Louis - you would NOT be able to miss me during game time -

"Hey, who's that drunk with the cape?"

:drunk:
    When I lived in the St. Louis area I offered to be the mascot for free, and even offered to have my wife make the costum, but they said there were too many issues with league rules that kept them from having a mascot.

When the team first moved to St. Louis, they did have a mascot, but they stopped for some reason. I was told it was because the league sent them a stern warning after the mascot jumped on a loose ball in the endzone after a failed FG.

gap

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I can't imagine that selling a football ticket would take an act of Congress.
    And who said it would. But the question was not to simply sell the tickets. Now was it?

Why do you always twist everything, HUb?

You said for the sake of discussion and posed the question. Read your question.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If they expect anything different, they haven't been paying close attention.
    All I am saying is they are supporting the team. You are saying that they are simply going to games with the intent of sitting on their hands. I'm sure fans are trying to get some enjoyment. It's hard to cheer when there is nothing to cheer about.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

well i have noticed that it is almost silent in the ED these days... and last week when we went to the Metrodome, the place was rocking.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRam!
    well i have noticed that it is almost silent in the ED these days... and last week when we went to the Metrodome, the place was rocking.
    Point exactly.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by ferter
    And who said it would. But the question was not to simply sell the tickets. Now was it?

You said for the sake of discussion and posed the question. Read your question.
    For pity's sake man, does everything have to be a fight with you? Nevermind, I think I know the answer.

The point of this whole discussion is simple.....why would people pay their hard-earned money to go see a team they don't want to see? If they own season tickets, why not sell them? I can't imagine someone buying the ticket, if they were protesting the team by sitting on their hands. Surely, the one buying the ticket second-hand would be someone who actually wanted to enjoy watching the Rams instead of hosting a Sunday afternoon sit-in protest.
    Why do you always try to pick fights with mods, ferter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast