Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sosar?

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Sosar?

I like to know what idiot made up the rule that you couldn't possibly be a fan if you have a negative comment towards the team.

It's easy for people to come out of the woodworks and proclaim that all is well, and have the audacity to ask where are the people who had negative comments last week, now that we finally showed up and played some football.

Well I am certainly one who didn't appreciate the way my team played last week. And for future references, any like effort, will be greeted with similar commentary.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I like to know what idiot made up the rule that you couldn't possibly be a fan if you have a negative comment towards the team.

It's easy for people to come out of the woodworks and proclaim that all is well, and have the audacity to ask where are the people who had negative comments last week, now that we finally showed up and played some football.

Well I am certainly one who didn't appreciate the way my team played last week. And for future references, any like effort, will be greeted with similar commentary.
    The people that come on here and say these things rate a meh in my book. I give it no credence at all. nice post......

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

The funny thing about this board's response to the second game is that I don't think The Rams would have beaten KC in a "real" game but they would have beaten Indy. At least, it would have been a shootout vs KC. I think Fisher could have slapped the rookie Colt QB around & confused him enough to give The Rams an edge.Not so much against Cassel & those RBs. The Rams D never really stopped KC 1s v 1s except for the turnover. There were some good individual plays, esp the turnover forced by Jenkins, but KC barely ran the ball with their new two-headed monster 1st string but when they did, the Rams had no answer for Hillis & Charles. I don't think they were much better vs the pass & certainly atrocious on 3rd down.

No, if KC had run all game like they've been rebuilt to do; in '10 they led the league in rush attempts and yards with Charles & T. Jones...... Did you see anything to make you feel there wouldn't have been one of those late run D meltdowns & watch Charles break one after Hillis had beaten the D down.

Plenty of good stuff going on as well- Brockers seems to be growing in impact from series to series, like a time-lapse deal, but I'd love to see Laws get in the mix and McIntosh get caught up on the scheme- that LB corps is still not meshing. Dunbar finally flashed a bit but he's missed a few,too. And enough of the Matt Conrath era already. He got his INT, now let him fade away. Guy looks like a drunk giraffe in eff-me pumps on every play. Quinn is going to make some spectacular plays; it's just whether more will be good than bad. Those crazy looping outside rushes that lose contain are a real liability.Funny how little technical things like DLers getting their hands up can make such a difference; both Lau & Long batted passes.

Sam & SJ did indeed look sharp but KC was really awful on defense. Pettis probably took a small step back; couple of tough incompletes near the EZ & he missed a block that might have sent SJ to the house. Richardson was spotty but J. Smith looked worse.Neither were awful. Saffold might have picked up an injury; he came back in but worth noting. Seemed to be doing OK except for the false start. No sign of Uh-Oh, Pead is still making goofy mistakes. Even his highlight flip for the TD was an unnecessary risk. It's a long season. I'd actually rather that TD had gone to Quick; he's starting to play big like Torry apparently told him.I also can't wait for The Rok to get his rough edges polished.The interior Oline is like the LBs,imo.

Some odd WR things: Fish/Schott seem to be testing out routes with guys you doubt- at least I do- would be best at them. Amendola's deep ball on the first play & maybe even the corner fade TD ? Looked like Givens or Quick country to me. Love seeing DA back but if the D had been better, I'd rather have those guys on those plays. Funnily enough, Givens seemed to be running Danny's plays a little later. And that go route with Smith ? Sam doesn't even seem to try hitting that. Like they're just getting the range or tinkering with the formation. Faulk can call Smith sneaky fast all he wants but he's still 3rd in line for that ball in my book. Fourth if DX was up.
    The Salas mystery. I hadn't heard anything but good stuff in TC but he's barely played. Is Fisher keeping him under wraps ? An injury ? Very odd.

Leaving aside all the emotional blather about the term, I don't think it was fair or accurate to label last week an example of SOSAR( wrong context & tiny evidence sample) but , although there were lots of good things flashing all game & important leader-like showings by guys like Sam,SJ, and Amendola, the KC game proved nothing definitive, either, about the true make-up and caliber of the whole team we'll see over four quarters of 16 games this year except that they are capable of improvement.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm quite certain it was Strawman that made that rule. You'll have to consult with him for his reasons.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Definitely a pleasant watch Saturday. This is exactly what was needed- a good performance by most of the starters, crisp execution and good fundamental football. Same was sharp from the opening drive. Kendricks showing if he maximizes his talent he can be a good one, Amendola back to the healthy, scrappy Danny Boy we love. SJ with 49 yards on 7 carries. Improvement across the board. Fans asked for something that was a positive indicator of where this team could be and they received it. Time to build on it next week.

Great job, Rams!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12